What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Rammstein: Sehnsucht:thumbup:

Nothing like angry german music

*I hear there popular in France.:D

Look for Megaherz and Eisbrecher. Same kind of stuff - only better.

Shades Of Grey - Overkill

loading all my Overkill albums onto the iPod this morning.... lovin' the thrash metal mood.

I remember Larry - Weird Al Yankovic....you know, he's really become quite the tunesmith, unless someone else writes for his non parody songs. A couple of his originals would be damn awesome songs if they weren't "jokes" for lack of a better word...

I remember Larry - Weird Al Yankovic....you know' date=' he's really become quite the tunesmith, unless someone else writes for his non parody songs. A couple of his originals would be damn awesome songs if they weren't "jokes" for lack of a better word...[/quote']

No, he is actually quite the music scholar and does write the music for those songs that aren't blatant parodies. This includes his "style parodies", in which he models the song on an artist's style but does an origianl tune.

And he has been doign more of these as his career progresses (even though the muci magazines keep saying it's time for him to hang it up and move on) with songs like "why DoesThis Always happen To Me?" and "Bob" (a parody of Dylan's style that consists entirely of palindromes).

No' date=' he is actually quite the music scholar and does write the music for those songs that aren't blatant parodies. This includes his "style parodies", in which he models the song on an artist's style but does an origianl tune.[/quote']

I always liked "Dare to be Stupid" myself.

JG

21st Century Schzoid Man - Ozzy Osbourne.

Just got Under Covers, and thought it would be a joke, but I actually like almost everything on it - and I'm not much of an Ozzie fan.... and what is it with classic rock people putting out cover albums - I'm not complaining mind you, just confused. In the last year and a half Ozzie, Styx and Rush have all put out cover albums.

...and what is it with classic rock people putting out cover albums ...

It's just finally making the rounds to them. Used to be folks would just remake one song. Then about 10 years ago there were a few folks who decided to do full albums of covers. Now it's just finally making its way to the hard rock community to do the same thing.

From bands you'll hear that they wanted to "pay tribute to the people who influenced them" or "show people what they listen to", and except for the occasional issue with licensing the songs for use, record companies like them because covers take less studio time to create.

I wasn't aware of the Ozzy cover album. Interesting list of songs. A few I'm not familiar with, and that's rare on a cover album.

I wasn't aware of the Ozzy cover album. Interesting list of songs. A few I'm not familiar with, and that's rare on a cover album.

His Rocky Mountain Way is great. As I mentioned I was really pleasently surprised at how good it was. :)

And thanks for the coments, it makes sense.

And now

Black Hole Sun - Paul Anka :)

He put out an album called Rock Swings, not unlike the old Pat Boone : In a Metal Mood - but he and his arrangers went to greater lengths to make the songs more "native jazz", so I think this is actually a better album, and I'm a fan of the Boone album. :) I tend to collect songs sung way outside thier original genre.

The missus scribbling on paper as she finishes a character for a dungeon crawl and the eldest Sketchette scurrying to get ready for her finals ;)

Oh ... and AC/DC, Highway to Hell ;)

His Rocky Mountain Way is great. As I mentioned I was really pleasently surprised at how good it was. :)

And thanks for the coments, it makes sense.

And now

Black Hole Sun - Paul Anka :)

He put out an album called Rock Swings, not unlike the old Pat Boone : In a Metal Mood - but he and his arrangers went to greater lengths to make the songs more "native jazz", so I think this is actually a better album, and I'm a fan of the Boone album. :) I tend to collect songs sung way outside thier original genre.

As I said elsewhere, David Lee Roth is promoting an album where he covers his old Van Halen songs country/bluegrass style. :D

JG