What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

"A New Hope and End Titles", by John Williams (from the ROTS soundtrack). It's amazing just how many of the music cues here are actually from the Star Wars* soundtrack, just reworked with a few of the prequel themes thrown in.

JoeG

*Star Wars was the movie I saw in '77 in the theaters. "Episode IV" didn't show up until a re-release. Maybe, Lucas needs version numbers for the various movies, like software.

Something for the Weekend by Bloc Party. Disappointing and ordinary. I like the first CD but won't buy this one.

The last CD from Evanessence. It was ok.

CDs 4 and 5 from the CD club this week.

Also listened to half of Funeral by Arcade Fire last night while in the Virgin Megastore. Simply wonderful.

Rock your baby - George Mcrae

I made a playlist of 1 of every artist I have on my hardrive. That way less listened to artists pop up more often than the stuff I listen to normally. Helps me remeber what all I have, and brings up old favorites. :) With only one per artist I call it my Highlander mix. :D

Something for the Weekend by Bloc Party. Disappointing and ordinary. I like the first CD but won't buy this one.

I'm with ya!

I thought their previous album was catchy as all hell, and most likely it came from the fact that it was, frankly, very derivative. They stole lots of riffs and sounds. I could hear riffs from U2, The Police, General Public, and a host of others. But truth is--They were GOOD thieves. It was a fun album because of the way they put all that stuff together.

The new album: Sleepy British Pop. A $10 sedative. They eschewed their thievery and made something tired.