What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

"Astroboy (And the Proles on Parade)" by the Buggles. Playing the album' date=' [i']The Age of Plastic[/i], "Video" was 5 tracks ago.

JoeG

I wasn't really fond of most of it. I liked Astroboy, Clean Clean, Video, and Elisteree? I don't remember that title.

"Astroboy (And the Proles on Parade)" by the Buggles. Playing the album' date=' [i']The Age of Plastic[/i], "Video" was 5 tracks ago.

I wasn't really fond of most of it. I liked Astroboy' date=' Clean Clean, Video, and Elisteree? I don't remember that title.[/quote']

I don't even remember anything other than "Video Killed the Radio Star" from that album. I'm pretty sure I heard it, though I know I've never owned it.

Loved Geoff Downes' work in Asia, though. :)

I don't even remember anything other than "Video Killed the Radio Star" from that album. I'm pretty sure I heard it, though I know I've never owned it.

I own it, just not thrilled with much of it.

oh and,

Everything Is Cool - Styx

I wasn't really fond of most of it. I liked Astroboy' date=' Clean Clean, Video, and Elisteree? I don't remember that title.[/quote']

I like the whole album, but for me the strongest songs are "Video", "Clean Clean", "Johnny on the Monorail" and "Elstree". I'm a big fan of Thomas Dolby, and the album has a bit of his feel to it (Dolby was at one time a member of Bruce Woolley's Camera Club, along with Horn and Downes).

I have the followup album, Adventures In Modern Recording, which is really more a Trevor Horn solo project, with Geoff Downes helping out in a few places. The second album shares some of its DNA with Drama, by Yes (with Horn replacing Jon Anderson and Downes replacing Rick Wakeman), even going so far as having nearly identical songs, "I Am a Camera" on Adventures, and "Through the Lens" on Drama.

Currently listening to "No Spill Blood" by Oingo Boingo.

JoeG

Sweet Escape - Gwen Steafani CD 6 of the CD club selections. Not that good especially the singles. I like No Doubt but this is just MEH at best

The Soft Bulletin by the Flaming Lips CD 7 of the CD club selections. Very good indeed.

Introducing Joss Stone by Joss Stone. CD 8 of the CD club selections. Disappointing after the initial CD. She's still got a great voice.

U2's Pride (In the name of love) was the only U2 song I used to like. This was before, just now, I found out what the song was about, saw the lyrics and whated it on YouTube.

sanctimonious crap

Sanctimonious, maybe; one hell of a vocal piece by Bono, definitely.

But then, I've been a fan since Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

Currently: Heat of the Moment, Asia.

London Calling - Clash, The

Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin

Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

Rock & Roll - Led Zeppelin

The Battle Of Evermore - Led Zeppelin

Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Another One Bites The Dust - Queen

Killer Queen - Queen

Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen

Bicycle Race - Queen

You're My Best Friend - Queen

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

Save Me - Queen

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

Somebody To Love - Queen

Now I'm Here - Queen

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy - Queen

Play The Game - Queen

Flash - Queen

Seven Seas Of Rhye - Queen

We Will Rock You - Queen

We Are The Champions - Queen

Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - Who, The

My Generation - Who, The

"Welcome to the Black Parade" -My Chemical Romance

because this is a music thread... I just yesterday discovered that I guy I kinda knew from high school made it as a real honest to god rockstar... founding member and lead vocals for Ugly Kid Joe, currently leading candidate for lead vocals for Anthrax.

Good on ya Whit.