What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

"Shotgun", by T Spae, off My Midlife Crisis. Something I'd never heard of that came on the iPod I was given Sunday, a rather bizarre little item off a 2002 alternative disk (see here) which seems otherwise pretty forgettable. This cut is a straight novelty number perhaps best compared to "They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!" from 40 years ago. The opening line (about a minute into the 4:50 cut) goes "Life is so much better with a Shot-gun", and progresses in a demented way from there.

"Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt, again on the new iPod from my sister-in-law. Sort of a theme song for the beginning of my relationship with my wife, so it's not a surprise it got onto the little box.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did an album together called Raising Sand

. First thought - seems like a strange combination. Second thought - that's a TON of talent in one room. Man does it work. Best thing I've heard in ages. Hands down. Not that it will ever get radio play.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did an album together called Raising Sand

. First thought - seems like a strange combination. Second thought - that's a TON of talent in one room. Man does it work. Best thing I've heard in ages. Hands down. Not that it will ever get radio play.

I actually listened to the whole album on Boarder's web site. It was good.

Odyssey - KISS