What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dulaman- Altan from Celtic Legacy: A Global Celtic Journey

Oh, Track 12. ;)

Currrently playing "Queen of Darkness" by Tony Banks, from the album, Bankstatement. Queueing "Dúlamán" next, because I haven't heard it in a while.

JoeG

The Wizard

by Black Sabbath

from We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll

(Both of us who'd gotten canned a couple of weeks ago are back on the job -- which means I'll still have to move. The lease is ending on this place and the new place is for only two people. Oh, joy.)

Pressure

by Billy Joel

from Greatest Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (1973-1985) Disc 2

Hot Patootie (Bless My Soul)

by Meat Loaf

from The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack

Up next:

Let's Go

by The Cars

from Greatest Hits

(Yeah, as should be evident by now, I've picked-up a lot of 'best of' albums to help keep control over how many albums I buy.)

As I'm still awake, a couple more tunes, brought to you by "Random Play All":

More

by The Sisters of Mercy

from A Slight Case of Overbombing: Greatest Hits, Volume 1

And then (Whoops, next was actually a Doors song, but I wasn't paying attention):

Rooms on Fire

by Stevie Nicks

from Enchanted: The Works of Stevie Nicks (Disc 2)

I first got this song when it was broadcast as a promo by WKGB in San Deigo, California. On my tape, the DJ mentions that the song is so new that he doesn't have the name of the song, nor the album.

The new Thomas Dolby EP, Amerikana. It's three tracks, "Road to Reno", "Toad Lickers", and "17 Hills", and represents Dolby's first studio work in almost 20 years. And he's only releasing it as a download through his website (info here). Two other EPs are promised, followed by the release of his next album, A Map of the Floating City, which will include the three EPs and additional tracks.

Of the three tracks, my favorite has to be "Toad Lickers", but all three are enjoyable.

‘Toad Lickers’ is about a group of crazed eco-hippies in the Welsh mountains who get high on Bufo alvarius and creep into the local town after hours in search of munchies. It has cameos from Imogen Heap on jaw harp, longtime FES member Crackers on accordion, and fiddler Natalie MacMaster.

JoeG