What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

An Oiling We Will Go

underneath the sea

your well may seem to be

like a blooming black plume

belching smoke in the sky

though the smoke is rather thick

all the sea creature are sick

and don't eat the fish

unless you're looking to die

drill deep offshore

an oiling we will go

we will go an oiling a spoiling away

blown high down low

the oil it will spill

for many a many a long long day

for many a many a long long day

http://voltic.com/P/recordings/An_Oiling_We_Will_Go.wav

New Releases this Tuesday, Symphonicities by Sting, currently playing "Roxanne", which is a very good, soft version (with orchestral accompaniment), and then the excellent track, "When We Dance". Previous in the queue, Intriguer by Crowded House, which is another solid album by Neil Finn and company.

JoeG

Pandora has cost me so much money...WANT...MUST HAVE

I've been using Pandora to browse, and Rhapsody for downloads. With a 'Rhapsody to Go' account, you can access their entire library for $15/month, and you get the rights to copy your playlists to a portable device. (So I've got Rhapsody on my computer, my MP3 player, and in my car -- that's all I need.)

Pandora = $3/month.

Rhapsody = $15/month.

Never buying another $20 CD = priceless.

I still browse the used CD shops for stuff so obscure I can't get it off Rhapsody, but as time goes by, their library keeps expanding to fill in these gaps. The Ned's Atomic Dustbin disc I bought last year is now available through Rhapsody for example. Now if they'd just add some Hunters & Collectors!

Damn you! I'm three tracks in on Pandora, and I've already found music I want. Rhapsody's not really an answer for me, as it doesn't support my player (iPod Classic). Instead, I've been a subscriber to emusic for about a decade, so it's my "go to" place for mp3, and then Amazon. I also buy a fair number of CDs, which are usually ripped as FLAC.

Currently listening to "And the Wheels Keep Turning" by Tony Banks from the album, The Fugitive on Pandora. There's slight artifacting due to the syncopation not found on my copy, but it's acceptable.

JoeG

Damn you! I'm three tracks in on Pandora, and I've already found music I want. Rhapsody's not really an answer for me, as it doesn't support my player (iPod Classic). Instead, I've been a subscriber to emusic for about a decade, so it's my "go to" place for mp3, and then Amazon. I also buy a fair number of CDs, which are usually ripped as FLAC.

Currently listening to "And the Wheels Keep Turning" by Tony Banks from the album, The Fugitive on Pandora. There's slight artifacting due to the syncopation not found on my copy, but it's acceptable.

JoeG

Glad you're enjoying Pandora! I have to agree, Rhapsody would be more popular if it supported more players: the list of compatible devices for Rhapsody users is rather short. I've got a 4Gb Sansa Fuze that I'm satisfied with, but I have to admit that prior to using Rhapsody, I'd never heard of it. However, it does its job quite well: which is getting music from my computer to my car, so I can't complain.