What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

"Believe Again", the lead track from the new Yes album Heaven & Earth.

(I couldn't find an official full-length video for this song. It was either this sample, or one of any number of bootleg concert videos of dubious sound and picture. I chose quality over quantity.)

I finally got to listen to the entirety of the new Yes album, "Heaven & Earth" whilst in the car tonight. Good, good stuff. It sounds like their classic stuff. To put it another way: There was a lot of music on "Fly From Here" that sounded like Yes. There is a lot of music on this album that simply couldn't be anyone but Yes. Highly recommended.

I finally got to listen to the entirety of the new Yes album, "Heaven & Earth" whilst in the car tonight. Good, good stuff. It sounds like their classic stuff. To put it another way: There was a lot of music on "Fly From Here" that sounded like Yes. There is a lot of music on this album that simply couldn't be anyone but Yes. Highly recommended.

Fly From Here has more of a Buggles feel to it for me, and the tracks, "We Can Fly From Here Pt. 1" and "We Can Fly From Here Pt. 2" demos show up as bonus tracks on one of the releases of Adventures in Modern Recording. "Life on a Film Set" is based on the Buggles demo, "Riding the Tide". They even found a lead singer that sounded like Trevor Horn for the Yes versions.

This is what it looks like when a computer-generated idol singer gives a live concert.

The song's title translates as "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms" and the lyrics are exceedingly odd even by Japanese standards. They touch on everything from Japanese post-Occupation politics to brothels (brothels?), capital punishment, and the indiscriminate use of focused energy weapons.

But she did land an American endorsement deal a couple of years ago.