What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

New album by Steve Hackett, The Night Siren. Deluxe edition comes with a Blu-Ray with the album in 5.1 and a "making of" video.

Also found that the physical version of Ayreon's The Source comes with a DVD with the album in 5.1, as well.

Both sound great.

• 2 weeks later...

My CPU fan, which groans when it idles between 2200 and 2600.  My CPU has to be throttled to 80% maximum in the windows power settings to keep from overheating and shutting the system down these days when playing an MMO.

(I honestly don't get it.  I've popped the case, cleaned the fan and sink, and reapplied paste.  That's about all I'm willing to do for it at this stage in its lifecycle.  Fortunately all the games I play still run just fine at 80% - It's an AMD FX-6300 six core running at 3.5 .)

This is funny, as I was going to mention "fans" when I clicked on the thread. I cannot close/mount my case cover so I put a giant box fan to blow air into the machine.

The FX series runs hot. Always has. My previous rig was an FX 8 Core and I ended up buying an aftermarket Zalman cooler to keep it within reasonable temps. I generally dislike stock CPU coolers so I always buy aftermarket anyway, but this one is a beast.

Musically, I am listening to Roger Daltrey's cover of "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"