What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

On 4/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, Ternaugh said:

Toys soundtrack.

I'm somewhat surprised that this person has the CD long box, but not surprised that some of the younger folks on YouTube don't know what a CD long box was.

I consider myself a collector of soundtracks* and I've yet to come across such an oblong oddity. Kudos, Ternaugh!

*99.91% of the time, these CDs are brand new/still factory-sealed.

9 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

As an overall movie experience, I'd have to agree. I enjoy the first half of The Lost World, but it quickly goes off the rails is in the end of the movie, with the San Diego sequences.

Let us not forget Nick "The Prick" Van Owen; ostensibly on the heroes' side, he commits numerous acts of sabotage that put the ragtag expedition in peril. I want Malcolm to slug him in the jaw for endangering his daughter's life.

9 minutes ago, Ragitsu said:

I consider myself a collector of soundtracks* and I've yet to come across such an oblong oddity. Kudos, Ternaugh!

*99.91% of the time, these CDs are brand new/still factory-sealed.

My copy originally came in a long box, and I briefly thought about keeping it for the variant art on the back. I had limited space at that time, however, so the long box went away.

I've been a fan of soundtracks since I was a kid, and my collection's expanded dramatically over the years. One of the more dangerous sites for me is Intrada, which specializes in deluxe reissues of soundtracks. Another one that's dangerous to my budget is La La Land Records, which is another label that produces wonderful soundtrack albums.