What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

20 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

Not surprisingly, I own multiple versions of the soundtrack, including the New American Orchestra version, the Vangelis release in 1994, and the 3-disc set that repeated that disc and added two more with additional music and "music inspired by". The last version I own is a reconstruction by Edgar Rothermich of the original soundtrack from the movie. While there are a few rough spots (notably vocals on "One More Kiss Dear"), it's a decent take on the complete soundtrack.

11 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

Not surprisingly, I own multiple versions of the soundtrack, including the New American Orchestra version, the Vangelis release in 1994, and the 3-disc set that repeated that disc and added two more with additional music and "music inspired by". The last version I own is a reconstruction by Edgar Rothermich of the original soundtrack from the movie. While there are a few rough spots (notably vocals on "One More Kiss Dear"), it's a decent take on the complete soundtrack.

For the longest while, I've been meaning to pick up the fullest version of Blade Runner's score. Hopefully I can complete that goal before the magnetic poles reverse.

--- --- ---

This isn't a band I would have sought out before I started spending so much dang time online, but it's an interesting take on Goethe's power "Die Erlkonig", which you may recall seeing here in s setting by Franz Schubert that practically launched his composing career.  The poem is so good, and open to so many interpretations, that settings, trascriptions, and reimaginings have been the activity of two hundred years of musicians.

I know nothing about this band, but the adapted lyric presents a clear link between the Erlkonig and the process of death. While in Goethe it is likely the erlkonig has malicious and even perverted intent, in this version he is simply a "chooser of the slain" who entreaty to mercy is genuine. Death itself is not evil, nor is it good. Death is Death. And in the case of this feverish boy for which nothing really can be done, it might be something even kind.

Kind of different, but I’ve got Big Jake on the TV for backround sound.  John Wayne,  Richard Boone,  Maureen O’Hara.

“I thought you were dead.”   
                           “Not Hardly.”