God Package...

Enforcer84

Re: God Package...

E84,

I know I'm being a right annoying git about this, but please remember I trully enjoy the story you've built.

Now, that my apologies are out of the way, now for me to continue to make a pest of myself ;)

Before you jump into doing any of the other major gods, could you do Persephone (since you've already done up Hades), I'm rather curious how you'd do her back story (more than her character write-up actually). Particularly how you interpret their relationship evolving from "cave man dragging girl to his cave" to the genuine love and affection that Hades is written to express (and by inference, her trully wanting to be with him as his wife)

It'd nicely complete his write up :)

TB

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persephone: LongPersephoneVal Char Cost Roll Notes30/60 STR 20 15- / 21- Lift 1600.0kg/102.4tons; 6d6/12d6 [3/9]23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 825 CON 30 14-20 BODY 20 13-18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 15-19 EGO 18 13- ECV: 625 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d630 COM 10 15-16/34 PD 10 Total: 16/34 PD (8/20 rPD)16/28 ED 11 Total: 16/28 ED (8/20 rED)5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 1212/18 REC 260 END 560/75 STUN 12 Total Characteristic Cost: 217Movement: Running: 6"/12" Flight: 17"/34" Leaping: 6"/12" Swimming: 2"/4"Cost Powers END84 Daughter of Nature: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 60 base + 24 control cost, (90 Active Points); Limited Special Effect Nature Magic (-1/4)0 1) Choking Spores: Energy Blast 4d6, No Normal Defense (LS: Self-Contained Breathing; +1) (40 Active Points); Limited Range (4") (-1/4), Not In High Winds, Rain, Or Water (-1/4) Real Cost: 27 40 2) Control Plants: Mind Control (plant mind) 10d6 (50 Active Points) Real Cost: 50 50 3) Controlling Spores: Mind Control (human class) 8d6 (40 Active Points); Based on CON (Defense: PD; -1), Limited Range (4") (-1/4), Does Not Work Versus Targets With Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing) (-1/4) Real Cost: 16 40 4) Leafy Prison: Major Transform 4d6 (human into tree) (60 Active Points); Limited Target Humans (-1/2), Limited Range (4") (-1/4), Not In High Winds, Rain, Or Water (-1/4) Real Cost: 30 60 5) Quicken Plants: Summon 4 250-point monstrous plants (60 Active Points); OIF (plants of opportunity) (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) Real Cost: 30 60 6) Wood Warping: Major Transform 3d6 (wooden objects into useless wooden objects) (45 Active Points); Limited Target wood (-1/4) Real Cost: 36 40 7) Rooted: Knockback Resistance -6" (12 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) Real Cost: 8 138 Queen of the Underworld: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 30 base + 8 control cost, (45 Active Points); Lockout (Cannot be used in conjunction with her Nature Magic; -1/2), Limited Special Effect Necromantic Effects (-1/4)0 1) Necromantic Healing: Simplified Healing BODY 3d6 (30 Active Points); Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) Real Cost: 15 30 2) Gentle Repose: Change Environment (preserve corpse) 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (duration of 1 Year, +1 Year per point by which the caster makes his Necromancy roll; +1/2) (10 Active Points); Requires A Necromancy Roll (-1/2) Real Cost: 70 3) Undead Hammer: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6+1, Affects Desolidified Incorporeal Undead (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (30 Active Points); Only works on the Undead (-1), Requires A Necromancy Skill Roll (-1/2) Real Cost: 12 1 Olympian Heritage14 1) Fast Healing: Healing BODY 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)\tab Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120).15 2) Strength Of The Trees: +30 STR (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2) 630 3) Plant Speech : Telepathy (plant class) 6d6 34 4) Decidedly heavier than normal: Knockback Resistance -2"10 5) Godlike Durability: Power Defense (10 points)8 6) Godlike Resiliance: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)6 7) Godly Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups6 8) Higher Entity Mentality: Mental Defense (10 points total)5 9) How fortunate!: Luck 1d629 10) Immortality: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)15 11) Tougher than Thou: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%15 12) Tougher than Thou: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%35 13) Walks the Veils: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location) 3\tab Notes: Persephone has become an expert at moving between the planes of Olympia and Earth Armaments from Hephaestus8 1) The Wardrobe Medallian: Cosmetic (Instant Change (any clothing)) Transform 2d6 (Clothing into costume and vice-versa, another Application of Transform), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-1/2) 143 2) Enchanted Armor: Armor (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (54 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)\tab Notes: Armor is summonable.45 3) Winged Boots: Flight 17", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (68 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 782 4) The Heartwood Spear: (Total: 114 Active Cost, 82 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6+1 (3 1/2d6 / 4 1/2d6 w/STR), Affects Desolidified Incorporeal Undead (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) (Real Cost: 29) plus Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Affects Desolidified Incorporeal Undead (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Cannot Be Used With Multiple-Power Attacks (Can only attack with one end at a time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus +4 with DCV (Real Cost: 20) plus +4 with HTH Combat (Real Cost: 20) 7\tab Notes: The Heartwood Spear is made from a tree that has lived in Persephone's Garden for millennia. It as formed from a limb that was cut and transformed by Persephone herself and Hephaestus forged the tip and butt. The Spear is quasi sentient and alerts Persephone to dangers. It is technically a focus but she can summon it to herself at will and so it has the "Restrainable" limitation instead.Perks3 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Olympic Pantheon40 The Garden: Extradimensional Safehouse15 My husband is very wealthy: Money: Filthy Rich50 Baerowahl: Follower: Celestial Guard Puppy3 Well-Connected2 1) Contact: The Audobon Society, Organization Contact (x3) (3 Active Points) 8-17 2) Contact: The International Agricultural Academy (Contact limited by identity, Very Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 14-20 3) Contact: The Order of the White Heart (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (21 Active Points) 14-Talents20 Disney Princess: Animal Friendship12 Do you have any idea who you are messing with? : Turn Undead2 Follow this "Ranger": Trackless Stride3 Follows the Stars...instinctively: Bump Of Direction20 I think I know what you are saying: Universal Translator 13-5 Long Memory: Eidetic Memory3 Quick on The Trigger: Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions4 The Earth Bids Her to Pass: Environmental Movement (no penalties in brush, high grasses, tanglewood, forests)15 Went to School with Dr. Doolittle.: Beast SpeechSkills11 Daughter of Nature: Control Nature Abilties 17-20 Godly Gifts: +2 Overall7 Queen of the Underworld: Control Necromantic Abilties 15-3 Bureaucratics 14-3 Forensic Medicine 13-3 High Society 14-3 Jack of All Trades2 1) PS: Administrator (3 Active Points) 13-1 2) PS: Cook (2 Active Points) 11-2 3) PS: Embalmer (3 Active Points) 13-2 4) PS: Farmer (3 Active Points) 13-2 5) PS: Forester (3 Active Points) 13-2 6) PS: Gardner (3 Active Points) 13-2 7) PS: Public Speaker (3 Active Points) 14-3 Linguist0 1) Language: Ancient Greek (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)2 2) Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)1 3) Language: German (basic conversation)1 4) Language: Greek (idiomatic; Familarity with Ancient Greek) (2 Active Points)2 5) Language: Italian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)3 6) Language: Latin (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)2 7) Language: Portugese (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)2 8) Language: Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)5 Navigation (Air, Astral, Dimensional, Land) 13-3 Paramedics 13-3 Persuasion 14-3 Scholar4 1) KS: Agriculture (5 Active Points) 15-2 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-1 3) KS: Berlin (2 Active Points) 11-2 4) KS: Flora And Fauna (3 Active Points) 13-4 5) KS: Herbalism And Healing-Lore (5 Active Points) 15-5 6) KS: Nature Magic (6 Active Points) 16-4 7) KS: Necromancy (5 Active Points) 15-1 8) KS: North Africa (2 Active Points) 11-2 9) KS: The Greek Underworld (3 Active Points) 13-3 Seduction 14-18 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Marine, Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Desert, Mountain, Underground) 15-9 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Riding Animals, Agricultural & Construction Vehicles, Carts & Carriages, Chariots, Surfing, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles3 Tracking 13-3 Traveler1 1) AK: Eastern Europe (2 Active Points) 11-1 2) AK: Hades (2 Active Points) 11-2 3) AK: Mediteranian Countries (3 Active Points) 13-1 4) AK: Olympia (2 Active Points) 11-2 5) AK: The Garden (3 Active Points) 13-2 6) CK: Athens (3 Active Points) 12-1 7) CK: Bagdad (2 Active Points) 11-1 8) CK: Cairo (2 Active Points) 11-1 9) CK: Rome (2 Active Points) 11-Total Powers & Skill Cost: 892Total Cost: 1109600+ Disadvantages10 Distinctive Features: Godly Mein (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)5 Distinctive Features: Wild, Ravishing beauty (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)10 Hunted: Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)15 Hunted: Hades 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)0 Hunted: PETA 8- (Less Pow, Mildly Punish) Notes: Persephone's refusal to promote their agenda has the organization up in arms. They will often protest her appearances, claiming she's not a protector of "All Gods Creatures".25 Hunted: Pluto and Prospine 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)10 Psychological Limitation: A bit on the Arrogant side (Common, Moderate)10 Psychological Limitation: Florophile (Loves plants, agriculture, and gardening) (Common, Moderate)15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal and Honest (Common, Strong)10 Psychological Limitation: Refuses to be "A prize to be won" (Uncommon, Strong)10 Social Limitation: Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)389 Experience PointsTotal Disadvantage Points: 1109Background/History: Sure, for centuries it was easy to hate Hades, Zeus, hold out resentment for her mother for not protecting her, but Persephone couldn't hate her mother. She loved the time spent with Demeter as much as she hated the time spent with her supposed "husband". And the less said about her father, the better. Persephone kept her negative feelings to herself for 8 months a year and then spent 4 months a year a bitter, resentful, spiteful woman. She killed the nymph Minthe whom Hades had pursued. Not out of Jealousy, but to spite him for he wasn't going to be happy while she suffered. Their relationship was a cold one. It wasn't really what Hades had had in mind. He'd been smitten by a beautiful, vibrant, young woman; not a cold, angry, and spiteful woman. His gifts of fabulous treasures and servants never seemed to win her over. Maybe he should have tried courting rather than kidnapping. It was too late now. Persephone drew away from every member of the pantheon save for her mother. Only Demeter had tried to protect her. As time went on and the Olympians retreated from Earth proper to their own divine plane; Hades was receiving less and less souls in his realms. Most of his time was taken up with dealing with demonic princes who wished to set up domains in his realm. There seemed to be fewer and fewer reasons for him to ever leave his realm, the retreat had stymied most of the conflicts with other pantheons and Zeus called for him less often. It was bitter loneliness for eight months of the year that made Hades seek something of a relationship with Persephone. So he began a courtship in earnest. When she returned for her annual "sentence" a tired and drained Hades met her. He wore a slight smile and asked her to follow him. Persephone agreed and silently walked behind him through the dark and macabre citadel that made up his home. At last they came to a great silver door in a back hall, neither had been there before. "I took you while you were picking flowers. As a token of my esteem for you, Persephone," He said in his usual serious tone, "I give those flowers back to you." He touched the door and they were transported to a beautiful demiplane garden. It was a realm of perpetual spring with small animals, flowers, open roofed temples and buildings. Persephone stood in stunned silence. The effort it took to create such a realm must have been tremendous. The sunlight made Hades wince, but he smiled as she walked in. "This door," He told her, "Can only be opened by either you or me. I cannot bear to let you go, but I also cannot bear to see you so unhappy."Persephone spent a great deal of time in the Garden. When she returned to her mother she talked about it. She'd bred new flowers, trees, and ivy. Hades rarely entered the Garden, but he would occasionally summon her to him when he was lonely and wished to talk. Demeter was shocked and a bit dismayed that her daughter spoke even this highly of her captor. She considered appealing to Zeus but decided that Persephone's Garden made her happy and that made Demeter happy. Persephone was in Hades when Dark Olympus attacked. Hades himself answered Zeus' summons only after making sure that his minions knew they were to defend her with their lives and souls. He didn't trust his family to care for him or his realms. Persephone watched in horror as her family was defeated through Hades scrying mirror. She caught glances of the one called Pluto. With him was a woman, lovely save for the look of savage glee when she caused an Olympian harm. Pluto referred to the woman as Proserpine, the name that the Romans had used for Persephone herself. She was furious that her image had been taken, that her likeness, her name, her place had been taken by this vicious wanton! Proserpine made overt moves at Hades during the fight to distract him. Persephone was surprised that this tactic had some success. When Zeus dispersed his family to save them; only Poseidon and Hades remained. The two greater gods stood for a moment and then Hades disappeared. Poseidon called Hades a coward and was about to renew his attack when Zeus bade him to depart as well. Persephone didn't watch any further as she ran to meet her husband. He was wounded but not deeply. He shouted instructions to his most loyal minions. Then he turned to her. "My wife, please stay in the Garden until you feel it is safe to move. Take my mirror with you. None of these Pretenders will be able to open the door.""When you can, flee. I will find you when we have regained Olympus and it is safe." "But Hades, I am not useless, am I? I can help-""I know. But that time is past. My brothers and I were arrogant in our power. These Pretenders are more potent than we realized and while I have no doubt that the upstart Pluto will fall to my hand I cannot defeat them all. I can't sense the presence of any of the rest present at the melee. Zeus has sent them beyond the reach of the enemy but also beyond our ability to communicate." He clenched his fist in frustration, "No, you need to be far from me so that you don't become a target. The only one who knows how capable you are is your doppelganger. She- she seems to not care about you, only the trappings of the Queen of the Underworld. They will not seek you out. Now go."Persephone went to the Garden. There she watched and waited. Her fury over the way Pluto and Proserpine abused and controlled her kingdom surprised her. The Pretenders, as Hades had called them, had tried to open the Silver Door for decades. Eventually Pluto, in his mad arrogance, was unable to accept that his power was not up to the task and covered the great door with a tapestry. He then pretended it never existed. It was then that she decided to leave. A brief, violent encounter with her own doppelganger ensued but she was able to disengage and disappear. Persephone traveled the Lands of Legend, returned to Earth, and visited the stars in a quest to find her mother.Persephone’s quest finally was achieved and for a few centuries she and Demeter tended a Great Forest on a small, garden planet with no civilized life. For years they happily kept each other company. Persephone eventually had to admit to herself that she missed her extended family; she and her mother spent many a conversation wondering where the other Olympians had gone and what their fates were. Persephone confided to Demeter that she missed Hades. They soon decided that they had to find out the fates of their family and perhaps help take back Olympus.Once Olympus was returned to their control, Persephone returned to Hades. She informed her husband that she no longer would spend a third of each year within his realm and two thirds in her mother’s. Persephone was the Queen of the Underworld and she would remain there permanently but come and goes as she pleased as he could. Hades, unbelieving his luck agreed.Persephone now spends much of her time helping her husband repair and tend to his realm. She visits her mother often, and Demeter has spent time in the Garden. Persephone has appeared with Demeter on Earth and helping her mother in her efforts to maintain the environment of their former home. To this end she and her mother both have formed an international agriculture society, developing new plants, new methods of preserving the forests and feeding the world. It is an altruistic, proactive organization that is more searching for answers and new methods than condemning countries for their methods. Persephone has often taken the role of spokesperson for the organization as her beauty and gentle presence makes her a natural media attraction. She tends towards a more “organic†approach than her mother and hasn’t been studying the various ecological sciences like Demeter has.Personality/Motivation: Persephone feels that she has a responsibility towards her Realm. She also feels alot closer to her family than she was before, the vast majority of her old wounds have healed with a) time and B) the slow but consitant maturation of the pantheon as a whole. She is still her mother's daughter and holds a soft spot in her heart for nature and plants, she loves gardening and spends much of her time in open, natural areas. When she was young, Persephone was something of an ornament. Beautiful to look at but she had little desires beyond enjoying herself and her values were self centered. This was amplified by her treatment by Hades and Zeus. Over the years since the Dark Pantheon disrupted their lives, she has more and more expressed herself as an individual. She has contradictory powerset as a necromancer and a druid. She represents the entire cycle of life and she has finally found peace with this. She's no longer the angst ridden "emo" goddess who turned into a childlike, gleeful being when in the safety of her mother's realm. Persephone doesn't like violence and confrontation, but she like sitting on the sidelines and watching events unfold even less. She has evolved into a more direct goddes who has taken more control in her life. Quote: "I don't think you know who you are dealing with." "Good boy, Baerowahl." "Those are beautiful flowers, did you grow them?"Powers/Tactics: As a goddess she is tougher and stronger than most to begin with. Her necromancy is pretty weak when taken into context with her power level and she uses it mostly to deal with Undead than to create or control them. Her Nature Magic is much stronger and tends to be her main weapon.Her Strength of the Trees is an aspect she took upon herself for protecting the Garden. When she is on natural grownd (or even stone floors) she is as strong as Hades and much tougher to fight. She accepted Hephaestus' gifts and has an individually designed suit of enchanted armor and they both created her spear. Campaign Use: Depending on how prevalent you want the pantheon to be, Persephone can be encountered anywhere. She is something of an environmentalist but is more concerned with advancing agriculture to new heights, not tearing down civilization to regrow forests. The "organic" food push is lost on her. She is a "White Necromancer" and has sought others of her kind to form the Order of the White Heart. They use their abilites to battle undead and aid the suffering of others. They are a small, but dedicated group. She also is a founder of the IAA (International Agriculture Academy) and speaks on their behalf and visits many of the campuses. Appearance: Persephone was considered a classical beauty. Rivaling, perhaps, even Aphrodite. This may be hyperbole but she has a unearthly beauty matched by few. Her general appearance during the months with her mother is a vibrant green cloak over white robes. When in Hades with her husband of the same name, she wears gray robes with a black cloak. The cloak has luminecant green leaves and vines woven in it. When she has to fight, her armor is a dull gray body suit that ends at her neck. The armor plating (breastplate, shoulder guards, arm and leg bands, shin guards, bracers, skirt, and helmet are brilliant metallic green with inlaid gold in the shape of leaves and a white mare's head over her heart. She wears her black cloak over this and her "Heartwood Spear" is a rich, deep brown with golden metal spearhead and butt at the other end.

When she appears as Persephone Kore, agriculture expert, she wears tailored business suits, generally in bright green with gold highlights.

Background: Since her return, Hera has made a conscious effort to ignore Zeus' wandering eye. She has devoted herself to taking care of T'Kaurr immigrants who used magic to follow her to Olympus. They appeared roughly seven years after the True Olympians returned, she is their patron goddess and they work as her servants and protectors. She has some projects that she uses to pass her time. She spends a lot of time on Earth realm, working with women's and children's charities. To this end she has set up numerous false identities, wealthy widows who give generously to charities world wide. She also keeps tabs on mages and mentalists, herself being a powerful psychic.

Since Hera's life is no longer consumed with spying on her husband and making his lover's lives miserable, she has found much more joy. She also has a very strong relationship with Herakles; aided tremendously by her admission to Zeus of her hand in their deaths. Zeus ordered Hades to release them and allowed Herakles to name her punishment. He bade her to spend 1 year each century as Magera's servant. Hera agreed and found that Magera was far more gracious and forgiving that she had been in her days. She swore from that day forward that she would defend Herakles' family with her life from that day forward, though Herakles does not know of this.

Personality/Motivation: Although there are those who claim her eons in exile remade Hera, it is probably closer to the truth that they allowed her to regain what she once was. She still finds her husband's inability to keep from roaming infuriating. She has stopped seeking vengeance against those whom he seduces. This by no means applies towards wantons who try to take Zeus from her. As Juno and the goddess Ishtar found out to their dismay. Both have sworn revenge. Zeus' changed ways have made this much easier. She is closer to her extended Olympian family than she once was and has become the noble and gracious Queen of Olympus that she always pretended she was.

Quote: "Eyes right Dear, she's not your type."

"Fear not child, I will not let harm befall thee."

"Try that again you mesopotanian hussy and I'll stick that blade of yours so far up your *** it will cut your profane tongue."

Powers/Tactics: Hera is not only a powerful sorceress (90 active points). She also is the prieminant mentalist among the True Olympians. Her mind is so powerful that even The White King is reluctant to challenge her. She has learned to fight with her staff and is by no means a push over. She however has thus far refused to don armor, even the summonable sort Hephaestus has been trying to give her.

Campaign Use: Depending on how you play Zeus, Hera can appear to warn female PC's whom he's trying to seduce (for their own good, you know) or she can be met in one of her identities helping her favorite charities. She might also appear should a great threat to children or women come to fore, a serial killer or child molester might find Artemis and Hera tracking him down. That would be bad for him.

Appearance: Hera appears as an epically lovely woman in her mid thirties. While no longer in the flower of youth, she has peacefulness about her and an aura of quiet strength. She has auburn hair, blue eyes, and a pale but perfect complexion. She generally wears white robes on Olympia but in Earth realm wears tailored dress suits or gowns. She does not dress like a femme fatale but rather a demure goddess.

You know, I never understood why Hera just didn't go ahead and dump that loser Zues. D-I-V-O-R-C-E!

Nice doggy...

okay, a little on the expensive side. Persephone's follower will be adjusted...

Baerowahl

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR 25 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [3]

26 DEX 48 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

30 CON 40 15-

22 BODY 24 13-

17 INT 7 12- PER Roll 15-

23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

14 COM 2 12-

25 PD 8 Total: 25 PD (10 rPD)

25 ED 9 Total: 25 ED (10 rED)

5 SPD 14 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

16 REC 6

60 END 0

60 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 253

Movement:

Running: 18"/72"

Flight: 17"/68"

Leaping: 9"/36"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

5 Combat-Acclimated: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only To Protect Against Presence Attacks (-1)

30 Vicious Bite: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR) 3

Celestial Form

4 1) Adapted To Space: Environmental Movement: Zero-G Training

14 2) Celestial Form: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

10 3) Celestial Form: Power Defense (10 points)

60 4) Divine Shield: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30)

12 5) Guarded Mind: Mental Defense (17 points total)

6 6) Heavy: Knockback Resistance -3"

42 7) Less Threatening Form: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups), Cellular, Instant Change, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (42 Active Points) 3

30 8) Tough Body: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

Keen Senses

30 1) Calls of the Mistress are Always Answered: Mind Link , Alien class of minds, One Specific Mind (Persephone), Any dimension, No LOS Needed, Psychic Bond

5 2) Canine Nose: Tracking with Normal Smell

9 3) Canine Senses: +3 PER with All Sense Groups

31 4) Celestial Awareness: (Total: 31 Active Cost, 31 Real Cost) Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 5) plus Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (Hearing Group) (Real Cost: 3) plus Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 5) plus +6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group and Hearing Group (Real Cost: 18)

32 5) Shared Senses: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x4 Range (1,200"), Usable Simultaneously (Baerowahl and Persephone at once) (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); Only Through The Senses Of Others (Baerowahl only) (-1), Blackout (-1/2)

Movement Options

12 1) Leap: Leaping +2" (9" forward, 4 1/2" upward) (Accurate, x4 Noncombat) 1

39 2) Runs through the Skies: Flight 17", x4 Noncombat 4

10 3) Space Travel: Faster-Than-Light Travel

25 4) Tireless Runner: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (25 Active Points) applied to Running

Red In Tooth And Claw

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Avoid Harm -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Holding Bite +0 -1 Grab One Limb, +10 STR

5 Pounce -2 +1 11d6 Strike

4 Smash/Claw Slash +0 +2 9d6 Strike

3 Trip +2 -1 8d6 Strike, Target Falls

0 Used with Natural Weapons Group: Default Element

Talents

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

3 Lightsleep

3 Perfect Pitch

2 Trackless Stride

Skills

20 +4 with HTH Combat

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

5 Concealment 14- (7 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

2 KS: Classical Music 11-

2 KS: Opera 11-

2 KS: Pop Music 11-

4 Language: English (idiomatic)

4 Language: Greek (idiomatic)

3 PS: Singing 14-

3 Shadowing 12-

5 Stealth 15-

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Tracking 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 498

Total Cost: 751

600+ Disadvantages

15 Accidental Change: When Wounded in "Less threatening form" 14- (Uncommon)

10 Distinctive Features: Huge Dog (Boxer), gleaming silvery skin. (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: The Dark Olympians 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Wild Huntsman 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Physical Limitation: Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing

20 Psychological Limitation: Absolute Loyalty to Persephone (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loves Music (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Ceberus; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

5 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (regular dog) (Occasionally, Minor)

1 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 751

Background/History: Raised by Persephone on the small planet she and her mother tended for a few centuries. Baerowahl is a breed of dog, resembling a Boxer on Earth; ascended and given true sentience by Demeter so that he would grow to be a guardian for her daughter. When they returned to Olympus he accompanied them. Ever his mistresses guardian, he follows her wherever she goes.

Personality/Motivation: truely sentient and smart as a whipe, Baerowahl is a friendly dog. He enjoys music tremendously and sings quite well. He'd love to figure out how to play an instrument. He sees Cerberus as a dumb monster and dislikes the older beast. For his part, Cerberus sees Baerowahl as another guardian of his home and he doesn't really care one way or another. But he does get annoyed wtih the constant singing.

Quote: "I'm singing in the rain..."

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Powers/Tactics: An intelligent, skilled and powerful guard dog. Baerowahl has many combat options available to him. He tends to avoid using his bite as it can be devistating to mortals. He tends to knock them down and hold them. Against super powered foes he goes all out and can be a frightening opponent. He's fast, mobile and intelligent. He works well with others.

Campaign Use: Guard dog. Bard. Fun encounter unless you fight him.

Appearance: A boxer wilth silvery metallic skin and black chrome eyes. His ears are cropped and he lacks a tail. His forepaws are a little larger and though he lacks a thumb they are nearly prehensile. He wars a great golden collar. When he assumes the "Less threatening" form, he shrinks to the size of a large boxer. His appearance is as a handsome, and exemplary member of the breed.

His natural height is 5ft at the shoulder with a broad, muscular frame.

Well overdue for a comment on this. I love the interaction and links you've built between these characters. Fantastic back story! It reminds me of character groups like the Royal Family of Amber (also based on myth), or the Blood from (iirc) Aaron Allston. Entire campaigns could be built around this group and world background. :)

Speaking of Begging...

Cerberus

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 [5]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

35 CON 50 16-

30 BODY 40 15-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 17-

25 EGO 30 14- ECV: 8

30 PRE 20 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

10 COM 0 11-

40 PD 20 Total: 40 PD (10 rPD)

40/60 ED 23 Total: 40/60 ED (10/30 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

20 REC 6

70 END 0

78 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 302

Movement:

Running: 20"/80"

Leaping: 20"/80"

Cost Powers END

18 Canine Arsenal: Elemental Control, 36-point powers

22 1) Acidic Spittle: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (45 Active Points); Limited Range (8") (-1/4) 4

19 2) Demonic Claws: HKA 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (37 Active Points) 4

48 3) Fire Gout: Energy Blast 8d6, Area Of Effect (17" Cone; +1 1/4) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 9

19 4) Vicious Bite: Three Part Harmony: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (37 Active Points) 4

5 Combat-Acclimated: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only To Protect Against Presence Attacks (-1)

5 Extra Heads: Extra Limbs

4 Fangs A Lot: +2 with Fangs/Bite

Keen Senses

35 1) Calls of the Master are Always Answered: Mind Link , Alien class of minds, Specific Group of Minds (Hades, Persephone, Baerowahl), Any dimension, No LOS Needed, Psychic Bond

5 2) Canine Nose: Tracking with Normal Smell

18 3) Canine Senses, In Triplicate: +6 PER with All Sense Groups

59 4) Supernatural Awareness: (Total: 59 Active Cost, 59 Real Cost) Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 5) plus Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (Hearing Group) (Real Cost: 3) plus Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (Sight Group) (Real Cost: 5) plus +6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group, Hearing Group and Normal Smell (Real Cost: 21) plus Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with all Sense Groups (Real Cost: 25)

Movement Options

20 1) Leap: Leaping +10" (20" forward, 10" upward) (Accurate, x4 Noncombat) 2

27 2) Tireless Runner: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (27 Active Points) applied to Running

Supernatural Form

20 1) Flame Resistance: Armor (0 PD/20 ED) (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Fire (-1/2)

10 2) Heavy: Knockback Resistance -5"

14 3) Infernal Form: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

10 4) Infernal Form: Power Defense (10 points)

60 5) Infernal Shield: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 60 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (Real Cost: 30)

15 6) Intellect Fortress: Mental Defense (20 points total)

42 7) Less Threatening Form: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups), Cellular, Instant Change, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (42 Active Points) 3

30 8) Tough Body: Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

Red In Tooth And Claw

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Avoid Harm -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Holding Bite +0 -1 Grab One Limb, +10 STR

5 Pounce -2 +1 14d6 Strike

4 Smash/Claw Slash +0 +2 12d6 Strike

3 Trip +2 -1 11d6 Strike, Target Falls

0 Used with Natural Weapons Group: Default Element

Talents

5 Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions

3 Lightsleep

5 Rapid Healing

2 Trackless Stride

Skills

20 +2 Overall

20 +4 with HTH Combat

2 AK: The Gates of Tartarus 11-

2 AK: The Obsidian Throne 11-

3 AK: The Plane of Hades 12-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

5 Concealment 13- (7 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

2 KS: Olympian History 11-

4 Language: English (idiomatic)

4 Language: Greek (idiomatic)

3 Security Systems 11-

3 Shadowing 11-

5 Stealth 14-

2 Survival (Underground) 11-

3 Tactics 11-

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Tracking 11-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 629

Total Cost: 931

600+ Disadvantages

15 Accidental Change: When Wounded in "Less threatening form" 14- (Uncommon)

15 Distinctive Features: Great Three headed Mastiff (Easily Concealed; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: The Dark Olympians 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: The Wild Huntsman 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Physical Limitation: Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing

20 Psychological Limitation: Absolute Loyalty to Hades (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Always "On Duty" doesn't relax much (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

5 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (regular dog) (Occasionally, Minor)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Holy Weapons or Magic (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Holy Weapons or Magic (Uncommon)

181 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 931

Background/History: Though he began life as a rather ordinary puppy, Cerberus was transformed by Hades to serve as the guardian of his Throne, and of his Realm. The stories involving Cereberus generally note his failures. Herakles bested him, as has Hermes. But Cerberus is the most loyal of guardians. And when Hades saw the writing on the wall he commanded his watchdog to serve Pluto. Though his resentment showed through, Cerberus followed the pretender's orders. He stoically took the abuse, sat on the edge of starvation; all while growling in protest. Pluto enjoyed the control he had over the great beast. Hercules (the Imposter) would come and abuse Cerberus, 'reenacting' 'his' twelve great labors.

For close to four thousand years, the Hound of Hell performed his duties under horrifyingly adverse conditions. But he did not waiver.

When Hades came to return his throne, Pluto sent wave after wave of undead minions to soften him up. Cerberus at his side. Growling and barking in anger, the Guardian of Hades stood by his "Master". When Hades and Persephone arrived, Pluto and Proserpine engaged them separately. Pluto and Hades fought in the grand Throne Room of the Obsidian Citadel. As Pluto's strength began to ebb, he called upon the Guardian of Hell to aid him agianst it's former master.

Then Pluto heard the most terrifying sound.

Three deep, resonating voices, speaking in unison.

"NO."

Personality/Motivation: Cerberus started out as a dog. He's oft been considered little more than a monster controlled by Hades. Of course that's underestimating the Guardian of Hell. Though not as smart as Persephone's guardian, Cerberus is indeed a sentient being. His whole purpose in life is to be a soldier. He is loyal to Hades first, Persephone second (the Queen of Hell has always been kind to him and healed his wounds when they retook the Obsidian Throne), and his own life third. After enduring millennia of abuse, Cerberus has something of a skip in his step and though he is put off by Baerowahl's singing and arrogance, the older, wiser Hound finds the younger, more energetic, Hound a valuable ally in the defense of the Realm.

He just rolls his eyes alot.

Quote: "Grrrr"

"Woof!"

"Surrender, mortal."

Powers/Tactics: An intelligent, skilled and powerful guard dog. Cerberus is not as agile or mobile as his younger counterpart, but he's many more centuries of experience. He's also stronger and tougher.

Campaign Use: Guardian of Hades. Can occasionally be sent to Earth as another Guardian of Persephone.

Appearance: The Hound of Hell is a giant Mastiff with three heads. He has black fur with a slightly lighter charcoal gray undercoat. His heads all rest on the same plane on his shoulders and he has red eyes. His heads tend to either speak in unison or in succession during the same sentence. Either way is disconcerting to those unaccustomed to it.

Well' date=' I've been inspired by your "extras" for the five. Particularly Doomsayer.[/quote']

Thanks. The extras are always fun, more so when you're dealing with myth based characters. Lets you bring in a little more of the story.

I liked poor Cerberus. Hope he eventually gets a chance at a little park frisbe time. ;)

This thread brings back memories.... just to note some differences

I got out my copy of "The Olympians" a Champions org book by Kurt Dershem. The Olympian package deal in the book included:

* Extra-dimensional movement (Earth to Olympos), take full phase, only if portal between Earth & Olympos is open

* Shapeshift, any shape

* 10 pts density increase, persistent, 0 end, always on

* Life Support, no need to breathe, eat, excrete, sleep, & immune to disease & aging

* 4 body regeneration

* universal translator, (Greek is native, obviously)

& because the package deal needed disads:

* unfamiliar with modern world

* thinks she/he superior to mere mortals

* distinctive feature: cant hide being a god, hence the shape shift

* hunted by giants, or titans(?)

The gods here were in the 600-800 pt range with Zeus @ a whopping 1110 pts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't read the whole thread yet, so it may have been covered, but. . .

If its Olympians you are modelling, they need some level of Regeneration with the Immortality adder. While ridiculously buff mortals and lesser supernatural beings could fight, and even wound, Olympians, they could *not* kill them. I am vaguely uncertain whether *anything* could kill them, though "Killed by a Skyfather level being or artifact" might work fine.

Hermes

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

40 STR 30 17- Lift 6400.0kg; 8d6 [2]

36 DEX 78 16- OCV: 12/DCV: 12

30 CON 40 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 14-/20-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

20 COM 5 13-

38/50 PD 10 Total: 38/50 PD (12/24 rPD)

18/30 ED 12 Total: 18/30 ED (12/24 rED)

10 SPD 54 Phases: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

15 REC 2

70 END 5

70 STUN 15 Total Characteristic Cost: 311

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 60"/120"

Leaping: 8"/16"

Teleportation: 0"/25"/0"/200"

Cost Powers END

50 Kerykeion: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)

\tab Notes: Hermes used his divine lifeforce to bind the Kerykeion to himself. It is a physical manifestation of his will, it can be temporarily taken from him but he can summon it at will.

6u 1) Harm I: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6 (75 Active Points); Limited Range (50"; -1/4) 7

2u 2) Harm II: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 17) plus Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) 2

5u 3) Heal: Healing BODY 5d6, Can Heal Limbs, any Attribute one at a time (+1/4) (69 Active Points); Others Only (-1/2) 7

149 Speedster Tricks: Variable Power Pool, 75 base + 74 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (149 Active Points)

120 True Speedster: Multipower, 120-point reserve

11u 1) Transgalactic Travel: Faster-Than-Light Travel (35,702,052 Light Years/second) (110 Active Points)

5u 2) Transoptic Travel: Teleportation 25", Improved Noncombat Movement (x8), Position Shift (65 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 6

10u 3) True Speed I: Flight 30", combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (105 Active Points) 4

12u 4) True Speed II: Flight 30", combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (120 Active Points) 5

6u 5) Unobstructed Passage: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), x8 Increased Weight (60 Active Points) 6

God of Speed!

10 1) Impact Resistance: +20 PD (20 Active Points); Only Protects Against Damage From Move-Through/Move-Bys (-1)

7 2) Quick Change: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (clothing into costume, heals back through another application of this power) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (character's own clothes; -1/2) 1

17 3) Rapid Tasks: +12 with Agility Skills (60 Active Points); Only For Chores (-2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) 6

8 4) Swift Perception: +6 PER with Sight Group (12 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1

-4 5) Swift Sight: Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4); Only To See Path Ahead While Moving With Mega-Scale (-1/2) for up to 25 Active Points of Sight (-4 Active Points)

Hephaestus' Gadgets

36 1) Armor of Hermes: Armor (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

22 2) I know the Place!: Detect Landscape Details 13- (Mystic Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Perceive into any dimension, Range (45 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) 4

\tab Notes: Winged Headband allows him to sense the locale he's in or he wants to be in.

27 3) Now You Can't See Me: Invisibility to Sight, Mental and Mystic Groups , No Fringe (40 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2) 4

\tab Notes: Winged Headband Allows for Invisibility too. It is a versitile headband.

61 4) Winged Boots: Buying True Speedster MP Powers to 0END (92 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-1/2)

Olympian Physiology

4 1) Decidedly heavier than normal: Knockback Resistance -2"

10 2) Godlike Conditioning: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (10 Active Points) applied to STR

10 3) Godlike Durability: Power Defense (10 points)

15 4) Godlike Resiliance: Damage Resistance (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (15 Active Points)

3 5) Godly Senses: +1 PER with all Sense Groups

6 6) Higher Entity Mentality: Mental Defense (10 points total)

25 7) How fortunate!: Luck 5d6

29 8) Immortality: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

29 9) Rapid Healing: Healing 4 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

4 10) Tough For such a Skinny Guy: Hardened (+1/4) (4 Active Points) applied to ED

4 11) Tough for Such a skinny guy: Hardened (+1/4) (4 Active Points) applied to PD

30 12) Tougher than Thou: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

30 13) Tougher than Thou: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

Boxing, Ancient

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

3 Jab +2 +1 Strike

3 Punch +1 +0 10d6 Strike

1 Weapon Element: Cestus

Perks

3 Membership has it's privledges: Fringe Benefit: Membership: Olympic Pantheon

6 My reputation preceeds me!: Reputation: Messenger of the Olympian Gods (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6

33 We've Met: Well Connected and 30 Contacts 11-

Talents

28 Messenger of the Gods: Universal Translator 21-

3 Cary the one...: Lightning Calculator

8 Light Reading: Speed Reading (x1,000)

30 Me First: Lightning Reflexes: +20 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

50 +10 with Movement

10 +2 with HTH Combat

10 Godly Gifts: +1 Overall

25 Speed? I practically Invented it!: Speedster Tricks 24-

3 Acrobatics 16-

3 Analyze: Agility Skills 13-

3 Breakfall 16-

3 Bribery 13-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Climbing 16-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Forgery 13-

3 High Society 13-

3 Lockpicking 16-

12 Navigation (Air, Astral, Dimensional, Land, Marine, Space, Temporal) 15-

3 Oratory 13-

3 PS: Ambassador 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Ancient Boxing (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) KS: Extraterrestrials (3 Active Points) 13-

3 4) KS: Legends And Lore (4 Active Points) 14-

2 5) KS: Mythology (3 Active Points) 13-

2 6) KS: Sports (3 Active Points) 13-

2 7) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Sleight Of Hand 16-

3 Stealth 16-

3 Teamwork 16-

3 Tracking 13-

3 Trading 13-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: Ancient Greece (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) AK: Andromeda Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) AK: Astral Plane (2 Active Points) 11-

2 4) AK: Lands of Legend (3 Active Points) 13-

2 5) AK: Modern Mediterranian Nations (3 Active Points) 13-

2 6) AK: Olympia (3 Active Points) 13-

1 7) AK: The Fallen Lands (2 Active Points) 11-

2 8) CK: Athens (3 Active Points) 13-

2 9) CK: Berlin (3 Active Points) 13-

2 10) CK: London (3 Active Points) 13-

2 11) CK: Los Angeles (3 Active Points) 13-

2 12) CK: Moscow (3 Active Points) 13-

2 13) CK: New York City (3 Active Points) 13-

2 14) CK: Paris (3 Active Points) 13-

2 15) CK: Rome (3 Active Points) 13-

2 16) CK: Tokyo (3 Active Points) 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1102

Total Cost: 1413

600+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Godly Mein (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

10 Hunted: Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Rival Speedsters 11- (As Pow, Mildly Punish)

10 Hunted: True Olympus 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Competative (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Loves to mingle with other cultures (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Mischievious/Prankster (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Mortals (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Sticky Fingers; tends to borrow items without their owners knowledge/consent (Common, Moderate)

10 Reputation: Thief/Trickster, 11-

10 Social Limitation: Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Notes: I can't believe they named their shoes after Nike!!!!!

688 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1413

Background/History: When Dark Olympus attacked, Hermes at first treated it like a game. He and this "Mercury" fellow would see who was indeed, the God of Speed. It was over too quickly, Mercury had no need for testing his speed. The doppleganger had bedecked himself with blades of adamantium. Rather than race, he charged Hermes, sweeping by him or gouging him. He also attacked Hermes' fellow olympians. He was unpredictable; he was violent. It wasn't a game, it was war. Hermes was unprepaired for war.

When Zeus used his last remnants of strength to send his extended family away to save them, Hermes found himself in a far away galaxy. In some sort of intergalactic port, he found himself among different species, some humanoid, some not. His abilities to comunicate and skill as the Messenger of the Gods, aided him tremendously. It took little time for him to find work as an ambassador, translator, or courier. He found beings of tremendous power; some, like himself fancied themselves athletes. He enjoyed the races and other contests. All was relatively okay.

Of course, Hermes had been one of the most gregareous of the Olympians. He had few enemies. Sure, Ares often bullied him and the chaste goddesses often resented his good natured come ons. And there were the practical jokes that kept getting him in trouble with this or that Olympian or even other pantheons. He missed the races with Herod, parties with Krishna, and all the fun he had with the mortals. His homesickness grew and after a few short decades, he began to make his way home. Even with his divine speed, Hermes had a long trek ahead of him. He stopped here and there, meeting new beings, fighting evil or the humourless when the spirit moved him.

When he found Hephaestus' celestial ship and joined them in their return; Hermes was amazed at how much his family had changed over the centuries. It was another century or two of searching the universe for Athena and some of the others. But when they had all been gathered and the ship began it's deliberate journey towards Olympia with the intention of freeing Zeus and reclaiming their home, the tension and excitement was palpable. Hermes, along with Artemis, were sent ahead to scout and somehow bring word to Zeus that they had returned.

Hermes found the Lord of Olympus and was shaken at how beaten and tortured he looked. Even more shocking was Zeus' savage joy at the news that his children had not simply abandoned him and were now on their way to return Olympia to her rightful soveriegns.

Once the Pretender Pantheon had been exiled from Olympia, Hermes took it upon himself to reestablish relations with the other powers in the Lands of Legend. Then he spent some time on Earth, reaquainting himself with the humankind he had enjoyed so much. It was different, some of these mortals were as the Gods were before, and even Humanity itself was capable of tremendous achievement. He was thrilled. It was time to get back to the fun.

Personality/Motivation: Hermes actually had it pretty easy in his Exile. Save for his homesickness, he wasn't otherwise negatively affected. He remains the precocious, fun loving , and generally pleasant God he was before. He is a little more responsible, but you'd hardly notice if you hadn't known him before.

Quote: Wanna race?

Powers/Tactics: The first Speedster? Well, one of the most well known. Hermes is strong, tough, and possessing of consumate skill with movement. He is supposed to have invented Boxing, so I gave it to him. He's fast and will probably act first. He's also got that 10 SPD; so, yeah, he's a speedster's speedster. Actually as of the Ultimate Speester he might be tame. His staff has healing and harming options.

Campaign Use: Hermes is a mover and shaker. He loves mingling with mortals and other pantheons and other realities. If you want to tone him down, start with his Characteristics and work your way over. He should be one of the fastest speedsters in your game. If he's not good enough, raid the Ultimate Speedster for some ideas. But 75 pts worth of Speed Trick is pretty good.

Appearance: Though possessing the Godly Mein of an Olympian, Hermes manages to put people at ease. He's a handsome, youthful man above average height and very lean of build, despite his increased mass. He has neatly trimmed, naturally curly blonde hair and blue eyes. He dresses for the occasion, is a people person and always polite even when engaging in his trickery. When he has to step into battle he tries to be more threatening. His armor is gold over a red body suit, his boots are black with golden white wings of light on at the ankles. His headband is white with similar but larger wings at the ear. His staff is a gold/white metal and is approximately 5' long.