God Package...

Enforcer84

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: God Package...

I'll take that as a tacit acknowledgement that I have been remiss in reviewing your most recent effort.

Simply Marvelous.

That is all.

TB

PS I want to see more.

Naw, I was just lauging a palindromy's comment on my post of Hermes being "Fast".

More to come this weekend, I hope!

But I am a praise whore so, thanks all of you. I'm floating above my seat right now, my craniumis quite inflated.

Naw, I was just lauging a palindromy's comment on my post of Hermes being "Fast".

More to come this weekend, I hope!

But I am a praise whore so, thanks all of you. I'm floating above my seat right now, my craniumis quite inflated.

Do you have the Ultimate Speedster?

If you do, why didn't you give him some Speed force powers?

(I think I'd give him nano-scale speed, with the proper perceptions and such)

TB

A few thoughts;

I don't really dig the idea of Cat Girl Aphrodite. I don't mind Anime Aphrodite, if she's getting in to pop culture or has a playful side.

I don't like this character[s character. You don't have many nice things to say about her personality, and your description of her pre-fall personality doesn't give her any redeming characteristics. Aphrodite was cruel (as were all the gods at one time or another), but this Aphrodite was a cruel, heartless bimbo. After all that, she still is just slightly less of a bimbo.

I think it might help if you found something admirable in her pre-exile personality, then built on that for her return.

A few thoughts;

I don't really dig the idea of Cat Girl Aphrodite. I don't mind Anime Aphrodite, if she's getting in to pop culture or has a playful side.

I don't like this character[s character. You don't have many nice things to say about her personality, and your description of her pre-fall personality doesn't give her any redeming characteristics. Aphrodite was cruel (as were all the gods at one time or another), but this Aphrodite was a cruel, heartless bimbo. After all that, she still is just slightly less of a bimbo.

I think it might help if you found something admirable in her pre-exile personality, then built on that for her return.

Maybe mentioning how she helped Atalanta's paramour to succeed at winning the foot race with the golden apples, so that they may marry?

She did most of the time encourage real love, not just empty headed ditzy love. Maybe bring in her son Eros/Cupid to help leaven her out a bit?

Maybe leave her back story the same, but work on her time in exile story? I know you want to do the Aphrodite Cat Girl thing, but maybe save that for one of the Muses or maybe even have a group of Aphrodite's nymph retainers do it on their own to show respect to someone Aphrodite spole highly of? Sort of like post-mortem fangirls?

TB

Maybe mentioning how she helped Atalanta's paramour to succeed at winning the foot race with the golden apples, so that they may marry?

She did most of the time encourage real love, not just empty headed ditzy love. Maybe bring in her son Eros/Cupid to help leaven her out a bit?

Maybe leave her back story the same, but work on her time in exile story? I know you want to do the Aphrodite Cat Girl thing, but maybe save that for one of the Muses or maybe even have a group of Aphrodite's nymph retainers do it on their own to show respect to someone Aphrodite spole highly of? Sort of like post-mortem fangirls?

TB

apparently, after she helped Atalanta get married the couple didn't thank her so she turned them to lions. :D

A few thoughts;

I said I wasn't too happy with it. Okay, Let me think about it later on. Perhaps I'll be mused again. Most of the stuff I read about her wasn't flattering by the way...

apparently' date=' after she helped Atalanta get married the couple didn't thank her so she turned them to lions. :D[/quote']The stories I read blaimed the smiting on Ops/Rhea for Atalanta and her husband getting it on in one of her abandoned (she had been a Titan goddess and her faith was no longer practiced) temples and she got right pissed off at that.

I liked that the Greek gods didn't lose/gain strength with however many worshippers they had, they just were.

Why should gods care how many worshippers they have, only that they pray to them for mercy when the lightning bolts start falling down upon them ;)

TB

Well, I was kind of at a loss as to what to do with her. The powerset came easy. The Concubine thing was easy. I didn't want to turn her into Athena. Nor did I want to really make her more ... respectful? She's still basically a goddess of good looks. Her love aspect is more primal, not to terribly romantic, that's more Eros's gig. I'll edit here and there, and I don't know if I'm eliminating the Cat Girl stuff. It was fun.

I've got ideas in my head about Ares and Athena. Then Zeus will be last...so Poesiden and his brood will be there Apollo and Artemis...Demeter...that's it? I dunno.

also I'm a little concerned that I don't seem to have Regen on anyone. I may have to fix that...

Anyone out there that you guys definately want to see?

I'd look at bringing Eros more into her story, from what I read she genuinly cared for him as a devoted mother to her son would.

About having a Cat Girl Nymph Brigade: From Wikipedia Aphrodite was "...frequently accompanied by the Oreads, nymphs of the mountains."

It seems that Aphrodite was protective of all of her sons:

In Homer, Aphrodite, venturing into battle to protect her son, Aeneas, is wounded by Diomedes and returns to her mother, to sink down at her knee and be comforted.

But not the best of mothers:

In Homer's Iliad she surges into battle to save her son, but abandons him (in fact, drops him as she flies through the air) when she herself is hurt (Ares does much the same thing). And she is the original cause of the Trojan War itself: not only did she start the whole affair by offering Helen of Troy to Paris, but the abduction was accomplished when Paris, seeing Helen for the first time, was inflamed with desire to have her—which is Aphrodite's realm. Her domain may involve love, but it does not involve romance; rather, it tends more towards lust, the human irrational longing.

She is certainly History's Greatest MILF, that's for sure. :D

Maybe have something that happens during her exile that drives her to embrace Romantic Love?

This story about Aphrodite and Psych is cool (it also brings in two characters you've already written up, Persephone and Cerberus, you might want to add "Weakness to Sweet Cakes from Hot Cakes" to Cereberus' PsychLim ;-)

Aphrodite was jealous of the beauty of a mortal woman named Psyche. She asked Eros to use his golden arrows to cause Psyche to fall in love with the ugliest man on earth. Eros agreed but then fell in love with Psyche on his own, or by accidentally pricking himself with a golden arrow. Meanwhile, Psyche's parents were anxious that their daughter remained unmarried. They consulted an oracle who told them she was destined for no mortal lover, but a monster who lived on top of a particular mountain. Psyche was resigned to her fate and climbed to the top of the mountain. There, Zephyrus, the west wind, gently floated her downwards. She entered a cave on the appointed mountain, surprised to find it full of jewellery and finery. Eros visited her every night in the cave and they made love; he demanded only that she never light any lamps because he did not want her to know who he was (having wings made him distinctive). Her two sisters, jealous of Psyche, convinced her to do so one night and she lit a lamp, recognizing him instantly. A drop of hot lamp oil fell on Eros' chest and he awoke, then fled.

When Psyche told her two jealous elder sisters what had happened; they rejoiced secretly and each separately walked to the top of the mountain and did as Psyche described her entry to the cave, hoping Eros would pick them instead. Zephyrus did not pick them and they fell to their deaths at the base of the mountain.

Psyche searched for her lover across much of Greece, finally stumbling into a temple to Demeter, where the floor was covered with piles of mixed grains. She started sorting the grains into organized piles and, when she finished, Demeter spoke to her, telling her that the best way to find Eros was to find his mother, Aphrodite, and earn her blessing. Psyche found a temple to Aphrodite and entered it. Aphrodite assigned her a similar task to Demeter's temple, but gave her an impossible deadline to finish it by. Eros intervened, for he still loved her, and caused some ants to organize the grains for her. Aphrodite was outraged at her success and told her to go to a field where golden sheep grazed and get some golden wool. Psyche went to the field and saw the sheep but was stopped by a river-god, whose river she had to cross to enter the field. He told her the sheep were mean and vicious and would kill her, but if she waited until noontime, the sheep would go the shade on the other side of the field and sleep; she could pick the wool that stuck to the branches and bark of the trees. Psyche did so and Aphrodite was even more outraged at her survival and success. Finally, Aphrodite claimed that the stress of caring for her son, depressed and ill as a result of Psyche's unfaithfulness, had caused her to lose some of her beauty. Psyche was to go to Hades and ask Persephone, the queen of the underworld, for a bit of her beauty in a black box that Aphrodite gave to Psyche. Psyche walked to a tower, deciding that the quickest way to the underworld would be to die. A voice stopped her at the last moment and told her a route that would allow her to enter and return still living, as well as telling her how to pass Cerberus, Charon and the other dangers of the route. She pacified Cerberus, the three-headed dog, with a sweet honey-cake and paid Charon an obolus to take her into Hades. On the way there, she saw hands reaching out of the water. A voice told her to toss a honey cake to them. Once there, Persephone said she would be glad to do Aphrodite a favor. She once more paid Charon, threw the cake out to the hands, and gave one to Cerberus.

Psyche left the underworld and decided to open the box and take a little bit of the beauty for herself, thinking that if she did so Eros would surely love her. Inside was a "Stygian sleep" which overtook her. Eros, who had forgiven her, flew to her body and wiped the sleep from her eyes, then begged Zeus and Aphrodite for their consent to his wedding of Psyche. They agreed and Zeus made her immortal. Aphrodite danced at the wedding of Eros and Psyche and their subsequent child was named Pleasure, or (in the Roman mythology) Volupta.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Myths might not have gotten exactly everything right as to what the Olympians' motivations were.

You could make mention that yes, these were the events, but these were the real reasons why. Or you can throw out more the unsavery things about her personality/stories, atribute those to Venus' actions more than Aphrodites. This frees you up to take the most positive aspects, and create soem of your own for your world, and keep what negatives you feel are oppropriate to a sympathetic/heroic character.

Keep up the good work, we are here to support you, but it's you who is still giving us these wonderful treats.:)

TB

yeah' date=' sorry if I came across as cranky. It's been fun designing them.[/quote']

Were you being cranky? I hadn't noticed.

Now, about you being a prima dona at GenCon...how could you demand that Mattingly serve champagne to you from Mythbuster Kari's shoes?

And was it really necessary to require that you be seated on a throne of carved mahogony to witness the Can oh'Whupass event?

I expect better from you next year ;)

TB

Were you being cranky? I hadn't noticed.

Now, about you being a prima dona at GenCon...how could you demand that Mattingly serve champagne to you from Mythbuster Kari's shoes?

And was it really necessary to require that you be seated on a throne of carved mahogony to witness the Can oh'Whupass event?

I expect better from you next year ;)

TB

I felt I earned that. After all I tied his shoes.

I figure most of that can be handwaved with the VPP. Am I incorrect?

Enter the Speed Zone can get up there in price; 86 points for one minute at Nanospeed, and 45 points for Nanospeed perception. Maybe up the VPP to 150+ points? Alternatively, you could just drop the Nanospeed Perception outside of the pool and he could Enter the Speed Zone for 1 Turn rather than 1 Minute for 56 points.

Or, you could just note "This guy should be one of your campaign's best speedsters; if he needs Speed Zone powers, add them." ;)

Enter the Speed Zone can get up there in price; 86 points for one minute at Nanospeed, and 45 points for Nanospeed perception. Maybe up the VPP to 150+ points? Alternatively, you could just drop the Nanospeed Perception outside of the pool and he could Enter the Speed Zone for 1 Turn rather than 1 Minute for 56 points.

Or, you could just note "This guy should be one of your campaign's best speedsters; if he needs Speed Zone powers, add them." ;)

What the Hat said!

:D

Aphrodite redux

Aphrodite

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR 25 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [3]

27 DEX 51 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

30 CON 40 15-

15 BODY 10 12-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 17-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

40 PRE 30 17- PRE Attack: 8d6

50 COM 20 19-

17/32 PD 10 Total: 17/32 PD (9/24 rPD)

17/32 ED 11 Total: 17/32 ED (9/24 rED)

6 SPD 23 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

14 REC 2

70 END 5

60 STUN 12 Total Characteristic Cost: 264

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 20"/40"

Leaping: 7"/14"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

210 Goddess of Love and Beauty: Multipower, 210-point reserve

7u 1) Beauty Too Wondrous To Harm: Mind Control 14d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Area Of Effect (14" Radius; +1) (210 Active Points); Set Effect (don't hurt me/mar my appearance; -1), No Range (-1/2), Only Versus Persons Who Look At Character (-1/2)

5u 2) Love Potion Number One: Mind Control 20d6 (Human class of minds) (100 Active Points); Mandatory Effect EGO +20 (-1/2), Fall in love with Designated Target X (-1/2) 10

3u 3) True Appearance Alteration: Shape Shift (Sight and Touch Groups, any humanoid form), Makeover, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (42 Active Points); Only Changes The Face (-1/2)

21u 4) True Love Potion No. 9: Major Transform 8d6 (Person to "In love with "Designated Target: x", LIfe Experience?), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Line Of Sight (+1/2) (210 Active Points) 9

5u 5) Voice Of Beauty: Mind Control 8d6, Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Radius; +1), Continuous (+1) (150 Active Points); Set Effect (stand quietly and listen to me talk; -1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), No Range (-1/2)

3u 6) What A Knockout!: EB 6d6, STUN Only (+0), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Only Works Against Targets Of Appropriate Sexual Orientation (-1/2) 6

15 Personal Fertility Control: Multipower, 15-point reserve

1u 1) Control Fetus's Gender: Cosmetic Transform 1d6 (fetus into fetus of other gender) (5 Active Points); Limited Target (fetus inside character; -2) 1

1u 2) Detect Fetus's Gender: Detect Gender Of Fetus Inside Me 15- (Unusual Group) (6 Active Points)

1u 3) The Ultimate Contraceptive: Life Support (Immunity: Pregnancy) (3 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4)

60 The Cestus: Variable Power Pool, 30 base + 30 control cost, all slots Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1), No Skill Roll Required (+1) (75 Active Points); Limited Effect Only to enhance her "Beauty based powers" (-1/4), IIF Unbreakable (-1/4)

67 The Powers of the Goddess: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 45 base + 22 control cost, (67 Active Points)

100 Wings of Beauty: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (100 Active Points)

Gifts of Hephaestus

31 1) Catblade: (Total: 65 Active Cost, 31 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1 (2d6+1 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1) (Real Cost: 22) plus +3 OCV (15 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1) (Real Cost: 7) plus Autofire (2 shots; +1/4) for up to 20 Active Points of The Blade (5 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Requires Both Swords (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) 3

54 2) Magical Goddess Ninja Armor: Armor (15 PD/15 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (67 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

5 3) Second Catblade: Another Catblade (5 Active Points) 3

Goddess of Beauty

6 1) Clothes Horse: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Clothes Into Any Other Clothing), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-1/2), No Range (-1/2) 1

32 2) Just How You Like'em: +20 with Seduction (40 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 4

40 3) Really Beautiful: +12 with Interaction Skills (60 Active Points); Only For Pleasant Interaction (-1/2)

Olympian

20 1) Crossing the Veil to Olympus: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension) 2

15 2) Enhanced Awareness: +5 PER with all Sense Groups

10 3) Godlike Durability: Power Defense (10 points)

9 4) Godlike Resiliance: Damage Resistance (9 PD/9 ED)

7 5) Higher Entity Mentality: Mental Defense (11 points total)

5 6) How fortunate!: Luck 1d6

29 7) Immortality: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

0 8) Psychically Aware: Mental Awareness

32 9) Sense of Beauty: Detect Items of great beauty 12- (Mystic Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees), Range, Telescopic: +10

15 10) Tougher than Thou: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%

15 11) Tougher than Thou: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%

The Beautiful Art (Shi N'K'roga)

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 Caress (Grab) -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 45 STR for holding on

4 Continue the Chase (Escape) +0 +0 50 STR vs. Grabs

4 Disarming Smile (Disarm) -1 +1 Disarm; 45 STR to Disarm roll

4 Embrace (Choke Hold) -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

5 Fancy Footwork (Kick) -2 +1 11d6 Strike

4 Graceful Avoidance (Dodge) -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Lead (Throw) +0 +1 7d6 +v/5, Target Falls

4 Love Taps (Low Kick/Knee/Punch) +0 +2 9d6 Strike

4 Play Hard to Get(Block) +2 +2 Block, Abort

1 Weapon Element: Blades

1 Weapon Element: Clubs

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Olympic Pantheon

6 Reputation: Goddess of Love and Beauty (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6

10 Superdupermodel Salary: Money: Wealthy

2 Jet Setter: Fringe Benefit: International Driver's License, Passport

18 Newtorked: Well Connected and 15 Contacts at 11-

Talents

12 Beautiful Defense: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

10 Tongues: Universal Translator 12- (20 Active Points); Speech Only (-1)

Skills

10 Godly Gifts: +1 Overall

9 Magic Shaping: Control Godlike Abilties 15-

2 AK: Olympia 11-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Acting 17-

3 Analyze: Agility Skills 12-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Bureaucratics 17-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Contortionist 14-

3 Conversation 17-

3 High Society 17-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Appraise (3 Active Points) 12-

2 2) PS: Concubine (3 Active Points) 17-

2 3) PS: Dancer (3 Active Points) 14-

2 4) PS: Exotic Dancer (3 Active Points) 17-

2 5) PS: Singer (3 Active Points) 17-

0 Language: Ancient Greek (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

3 Oratory 17-

3 Persuasion 17-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) KS: Rival Goddesses (3 Active Points) 12-

9 3) KS: Sexual Techniques and Positions (10 Active Points) 19-

2 4) KS: The Beautiful Arts (3 Active Points) 12-

1 5) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Seduction 17-

4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1017

Total Cost: 1281

600+ Disadvantages

20 Distinctive Features: Divine Beauty; causes lust and desire (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Godly Mein (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

10 Hunted: Diametrically opposed Pantheon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Ishtar 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Suitors 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Alpha Beauty, doesn't like to be "Challenged" (Uncommon, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys flattery (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Meddles in the love life of others (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Vain and Self Absorbed (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Reputation: Self Absorbed goddes of Lust and Beauty, 14-

10 Rivalry: Professional (Other Love Goddesses or Beauty Goddesses; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry; Multiple Rivals)

10 Social Limitation: Answers to the Pantheonic Pecking Order (Frequently, Minor)

531 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1281

Background/History: When you are the goddess of love and beauty and lust, and you wear an enchanted girdle that makes even Gods bend to your will for a chance at your favors, you don't really have to fight your own battles. Hey, you tried the war thing to save your son but what did you get? Shot that's what. And you dropped him to his death anyway. And people seemed to blame you! But that's not the point.

Aphrodite was not terribly concerned when Jupiter and his Pretenders attacked. After all, the Olympians were Gods and these were just hollow copies. Besides, Ares, Hephaestus, Zeus, Herakles, and Poseidon were there. Each had felt her embrace, each would protect her. It didn't take long for those feelings to subside. The Pretenders were powerful. The Gods were overconfident and slow to react. Aphrodite took the better part of valor and tried to escape. That was when she encountered Venus, her dark counterpart. This black-leather clad tart with a whip was her double? It was insulting. It was an outrage! It was obvious within moments that this Venus was going to rip her limb from limb! Aphrodite took to the air and Venus gave chase.

Aphrodite noticed the barrier that the Dark Olympians had placed around the grand temple seconds before colliding with it. She veered towards the ground and hid. Venus, laughing with evil delight as she followed. Aphrodite realized she couldn't escape. So she decided to fight. Her initial attack from hiding caught Venus off guard, and she got some good licks in. Then she experienced blinding pain as Venus struck her face. Never had she been hit with such force! Had even her enemies pulled their blows to avoid marring her beauty? The thought lingered as Venus smacked her around the temple like a rag doll. Aphrodite was barely clinging to consciousness, held aloft by Venus' hand at her throat. Then, Zeus sent her away.

Aphrodite awoke in a large tent, which seemed to be moving. An ugly humanoid with fiery red skin and coarse black hair kept asking her questions in a language she didn't understand. She concentrated and telepathically translated. After a few hours of conversation she determined this man to be the leader of a caravan heading to a gigantic trade city. She bent him to her will, and waited. Once in the grand city she sought beings of power, men she could seduce and find some comfort before trying to find other Olympians. She was discovered by agents of the God-King Varturus. Deciding that he'd do nicely, she allowed herself to be taken to him.

This did not work the way she had expected. The God-King was strong enough to resist her natural talents and the Cestus, her magical Girdle was gone! Venus must have removed it during their battle. Varturus used her until they were both exhausted and had her placed in his Harem. It was there that she found other beings of great power that had been turned into playthings for the God-King.

The Harem was a tough place for Aphrodite; the stronger concubines lorded over the weaker ones. As she was a favorite of Varturus, she was often abused by stronger, more malicious females. For a few decades it was difficult for her. Varturus often staged "Gladiatorial Combats" between members of his Harem. Aphrodite was often chosen to partake because she was beautiful, even though she was not a good fighter, she was durable and her fights were long and often humiliating for her. But as her spirit was breaking she found a protector. One of the Harem, a feline humanoid known as Akyrruh, defied the super strong and tough Vellis. Akyrruh was strong, fast, and a fierce warrior. She managed to keep Vellis at bay for another three decades. Akyrruh and Aphrodite became close friends and occasional lovers. The Kiirneko warrior taught Aphrodite how to defend herself. When she finally passed away Aphrodite was devastated, but far from the pathetic wretch she'd been when she arrived. Aphrodite began taking newer members of the Harem under her wing; she could defend herself now and felt more of a responsibility towards them.

It had been centuries, she had outlived most of the Harem that had been there when she arrived. Aphrodite was miserable. She missed her family, her children, and her lovers. Being the top dog in the kennel was not worth the loneliness. She made several attempts to escape but was stymied by the Atrurus. To keep a closer eye on his prized concubine, Arturus ordered Aphrodite to accompany him as a member of his private guard. Now she didn't even have her friends. She was miserable.

On one of these trips a brilliant golden and white ship, bearing designs and accruements that she recognized appeared. A handsome red-haired man appeared before Varturus and demanded the return of "his wife". Aphrodite was shocked to realize that the man with the golden leg was none other than Hephaestus. Beside him was a beautiful woman with silver and blue armor. A twinge of jealousy came over her. She recognized their stance. This was Hephaestus' love.

Varturus bellowed in rage; no one challenged him! He launched an attack on Hephaestus that was countered by invisible shields. Hephaestus and the beautiful woman beside him proceeded to destroy Varturus' guards and laid the God-King low as well.

"Greetings, Aphrodite...wife." Hephaestus said.

With a cry of joy, she embraced him.

Then she hugged the woman beside him.

"I thank you for my rescue, husband," Then she smiled slightly, "what took so long?"

"It is a big universe, Aphrodite." Hephaestus replied, not registering the joke. She sighed a bit and joined him on the ship.

"SAY IT" Aphrodite hissed into Venus' ear.

"I yield..." Venus gasped. She had greatly underestimated her rival's prowess and had been soundly defeated.

"Give me back my Cestus, bitch!" Aphrodite took the girdle and threw Venus across the room. The defeated doppelganger pulled herself to her feet and quickly departed.

It was good to be back.

Personality/Motivation: When the Olympians were defeated, most of them were actually somewhat on a downward slide. They'd been Gods a long time and slowly became more jaded and selfish. This was quite apparent in Aphrodite. She'd pretty much delegated romance to Eros and kept herself occupied with scandalous "tabloid-style trysts". And with the exceptions of Demeter, whom she admired for the beautiful flora the older Goddess created and Hera who scared the ambrosia out of her, Aphrodite had a less than cordial relationship with the various goddesses of her standing (Olympian or otherwise). There was always some God or Mortal available to do her bidding for a chance at her charms.

Venus' savage beating and the bullying of Vellis and other members of Varturus Harem made her wish she'd been more like the "Mannish" Goddesses, Athena, Artemis, Ishtar, Pravati, etc. those who's power and skill made them worshiped as warriors. When Akyrruh offered protection in return for Aphrodite's favors, the goddess agreed only if the warrior would teach her how to protect herself when the Kiirneko was no longer around.

This master/student/lover relationship did much to rekindle Aphrodite's spirit and romantic nature.

One thing that should be mentioned; Aphrodite may still be a "party girl, she enjoys the company of men and women in a physical way, but she does not lack self respect or self esteem. She is still vain about her looks, and can get catty. But the idea that a woman can be those things only if she hates herself doesn't set well with the Goddess of Love and Beauty at all. Aphrodite is every womyn's nightmare.

Since her return she has begun concerning herself more and more with the "Love" portfolio. The modern world vexes her with its paradoxical views on sexuality, love, and decency. She does the Supermodel thing because it allows her to be sought after, which she likes, and famous for her beauty. She also keeps in touch with other "Divine Beauties" this way as they have formed something of a Sorority of Superbeauties. She even attends functions that Venus appears at; secure in her belief that Venus is no threat to her. After acclimating to the modern society she also has developed the Amanda Hunt personae, Amanda is an academic love/sex counselor. She has written books, does a monthly radio show, and has appeared on talk shows. She's like a hot Dr Ruth.

She also has a much better relationship with the various Goddesses. Athena and Artemis don't see her as a 'ditzy cheerleader who doesn't get her hands dirty' anymore. She still drives them nuts as she has taken a decidedly light-hearted approach to combat. (She likes being underestimated).

Quote: To Venus :"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

...feel free to hate me because I stole your boy toy though...*wicked grin*"

To a broken hearted young woman:"Alas, perhaps he was not worthy of your love in the first place. But there is another young man you know who is..."

Powers/Tactics: Aphrodite's training with Akyrruh allowed her to master the Kiirneko's Fighting Style. The Kiirneko refer to it as O'purna (The Graceful Art). Aphrodite has taken to calling it the Beautiful Art. While the maneuvers are efficient and not overly flashy, they are quite graceful and appealing when performed by a master. Aphrodited returned with four Kiirneko "handmaidens". They train with her and she had divested a portion of her power to give them eternal lifespans.

Though she's a competent fighter now, it's not her first instinct. She prefers to avoid combat and uses her divine personality to avoid conflict. If that fails and she feels her combat abilities aren't up to the task she'll retreat.

Campaign Use: Aphrodite actually spent most of her time away from Olympia as a slave and concubine. It was something she excelled at, of course, but it really slammed home her sense of uselessness. Back home, where she has freedom and backup, she's seemingly returned to her former ways, only with a bit more maturity. She can still be fickle, but she's a lot more forgiving. She is one of a few Beauty Goddesses "slumming" it on Earth. Modeling is a popular past time for them and they can be catty, vain, and have, on occasion come to blows. Ishtar is particularly volatile. However, most of them get along well, and hang out to discuss topics of interest. She is on excellent terms with the Egyptian Goddess, Bast. Hera's adoptive people are humanoid felines where as the Kiirneko are cat-like humans; however the similarity has contributed to the two goddesses being on more friendly terms.

It should also be noted that Aphrodite was very worried about her children while she was gone, she hadn't always been the best mother figure but since she returned she's been far more interested in their lives and protecting them. She's also not as hostile towards other women and is considering having a daughter.

Aphrodite offered Althea the Cestus once she had recovered it. But the new wife of Hephaestus declined the offer. The two get along quite well though. Enough to make Hephaestus nervous.

Appearance: Uhm, yeah. She's Hawt.

Long, luxurious, wavy, cascading, golden hair. Blue eyes and soft alabaster skin. She is flawless in appearance. She wears very flattering fashions.

She can alter her appearance at will, even does so subconsciously...but the above is her natural appearance. When she's in battle, Aphrodite wears a suit of golden "armor" which consists of strategically placed armored plates on her upper arms, thighs, shins, shoulders, cups for her breasts, and what could described as an "Armored Thong". Her midriff is covered with translucent white material, strips of which also flit about her waist though these alternate white and pink. she has a pink sheer covering that goes from a golden collar on her neck to her armored cups. To honor her friend, her armored form also includes a hair band with golden cats ears at the top of her head. Her blades are gleaming silver with golden handles. The pommels shaped like Egyptian-style cat heads.