Witch Hunter Robin

Black Omega

Re: Witch Hunter Robin

The Anime News Network' date=' many months ago, said that the Sci-Fi channel was intending to do a live action remake of WHR. However, I have heard nothing since the original reports so it may be dead. With the Sci-Fi Channel's record it could be good or very, very bad.[/quote']

I've been watching for this one for a while. There were a few anouncements in 04 about SciFi buying the rights to make a WHR live action series. I have always thought it was a very doable one. Nothing that the story characters do cannot be reproduced on the sceen for too much money (compared to other series). For my two cents I beleive we will see it. Mostly because SciFi has gone silent which seems to be SciFi method of operation. Whenver they actually start on something, out come the ultra secret decoder rings and the studio/network clams up until about 3-6 month from release. They did it with Earthsea, Dune and so on. When I hear a particularly interesting bit of news and then silence, I usually send a few emails out fishing. If they have written it off someone will usually send a reply with the "temporaraly on hold, suspended development Bla bla bla..." reply. Meaning it is dead and buried. Or you get nothing. Which usually translates that they are in serious pre-production/development and someone in the studio/network really wants to get it made. But they haven't signed a cast or started shooting. For SciFi this is very very dangerous :fear: since it ususally means that it will be made. With a good cast and director (Earthsea, Dune etc) or with whatever is available (Alien {insert word here} ).

That can make me shudder....bbrrrrrrrrr....

The Anime News Network' date=' many months ago, said that the Sci-Fi channel was intending to do a live action remake of WHR. However, I have heard nothing since the original reports so it may be dead. With the Sci-Fi Channel's record it could be good or very, very bad.[/quote']

From my experience with Sci-Fi channel's movies, it might be a very good thing they don't make the movie. I don't want to see another mansquito please.

From my experience with Sci-Fi channel's movies' date=' it might be a very good thing they don't make the movie. I don't want to see another mansquito please.[/quote']

But their series tend to better supported. WHR was opted for a series.

Yes I live in a fanciful land of optimism :D

Definitely a fun series and a good source for ideas. Since many of the abilities seem to be more psychic than really mystical, I'll have to change a few things. But it seems like most mental powers are covered. I'm still thinking the best way to handle it is a multipower with proper limitations.

• 2 weeks later...

No news on that yet. but I'm up to Episode 8 and I can definitely use alot of ideas from WHR this in my upcoming game.:)

That is what I liked about it. The concepts can easily be slide into anything from a supers (mid to low power) to DC to street level heroic by just manipulating the power level. The powers can be psi or magic. And the best part is they could really make it a live action series without having to maintain ungodly effects budget.

That is what I liked about it. The concepts can easily be slide into anything from a supers (mid to low power) to DC to street level heroic by just manipulating the power level. The powers can be psi or magic. And the best part is they could really make it a live action series without having to maintain ungodly effects budget.

True enough. The magic is more low key and seems to be basically psychic most of the time. Then something comes along like someone's spirit being summoned to really bring out the supernatural element as well. The power level is just about perfect for the more human level game I'm thinking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

and this does not break my heart in the least...

Well after the level of high quality and production they have been doing at SciFi (minus BSG and the SG shows of course) I can't fault you for that.

I really wish there was a single source to track anime to live action conversions. There are several "in the pipe" but you can never really get any details...