Aldaric Gaming Presents: Easthaven

Super Squirrel

I am proud to announce the first ever Hero System community developed campaign setting. The Easthaven Campaign is a High Fantasy game setting where heroes start weak and must work their way up to become powerful heroes.

The Ivory Tower system that allows for multi-user development is a project Aldaric Gaming has been designing for more than two months now. Based, loosely on the concept behind Wikipedia. You need only register an account and you can immediately begin editting the selections available. Because the Ivory Tower system is far from finished, new submissions are currently restricted. If you would like to be able to create new items all you need to do is ask at this time.

The Ivory Tower system is not finished by a long shot. Their are many features that are on my to-do list to be added later. At the time of this post, the site currently allows development of settlements, guilds, heroes, items, points of interest, and historical entries.

Feel free to register and improve the campaign world. I keep edit archives of all entries so cases of information being deleted, the information can be restored.

Please feel free to post any feedback on the site (good or bad) here or on my Aldaric Gaming forum. I'm aware of most of the problems so far on the site, but you might have something I hadn't thought of.

Register and Login at: http://aldaric.com

Re: Aldaric Gaming Presents: Easthaven

Because I don't want search bots spidering the information. But I just took the extra steps needed so that you can use the guest account to view information.

If you want to view the information without registering you can use login guest and password guest.

You can now create, edit, and view Non-Playing Characters and Villains. Villains display in red text if your permission level is high enough to be able to tell the difference.

I also increased default security levels allowing anyone to create new entries. So if you want to be able to create items or something else entirely, you now can do so.

I added in the guidelines section today. The spell system is partially converted over but is not fully available yet. I should be able to get the spell system finished either tonight or tommorrow. I'll also add in a threat system to cover from generic bad guys to monsters such as my infamous Blemish.

Spell System and Threats should be the only two database systems that need to be set up before everything you could want for a fantasy setting is in place. Then it is a matter of putting in the special features to make the site look good.

Easthaven is up to 62 entries now. In the last couple of days I have made several minor changes, fixed a couple of bugs, added a couple of features, made a ton of edits made on existing items, I also just added two full NPCs just a moment ago. And thanks to my webmaster installing GD support, I now have the ugly "Add New Item" replaced with server generated images.

Oh yeah, and RPMiller doesn't know it yet, but I've got him designing me a new export template to help make the character sheets look better. :whistle:

I spent a very big portion of my day getting the style and layout improved for the website. I'm about ready to begin putting in the finalized layout system but I've pretty much worn myself on that level for today.

Tonight at work I'll try and add some new magical items onto the page.

I did more layout changes today.

Magical Items and Spells are now in their own section and the original layout look is slowly being split into sectional areas only.

Yesterday I added five new spells. 2 Fire Spells, 2 Wind Spells, and a Divine Spell.

I improved the popup window for when you are create new items and spells. I also improved a bug so that now you can add divine spells to the database.

I had a dream that someone created a new item for the Easthaven system but alas it was but a dream. :(

Major upgrade today. I did some background coding as well as transfered the Settlements section over. I added a new database reference to settlements so that you can distinguish settlements on the Western and Eastern side of the continent and added an "Other" section for places outside of the continent.