Glitter Boy for 34 points- is that sick?

fbdaury

Re: Glitter Boy for 34 points- is that sick?

Isn't that a little powerful for a piece of hardware a PC will be running around with? I shudder at the thought of letting a PC run around in 75% resistant powered armour vehicle...O_o! Good luck anyone stopping him or giving him a good challenge.

Rob

Have you ever played RIFTS with a Glitterboy in the group?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once, long long ago when RIFTS first came out, I played a cyberknight in a campaign for a few months on a team that had a Glitterboy. In fights he was good, but too slow and the Palladium system allowed the baddies to chew away at his MDC pretty well. Hmmm...I guess I see your point, but I'd just well-armour my HERO Shining-Lord.

You know, if this is to be a real project, we'd be better off dividing up the RIPS ;) OCCs/RCCs and each working on them rather than haphazzardly posting stuff.

Rob

Okay, I started working on the RIPS Cyber Ronin but I realised that my original information was lost! Oh no! So I went to the local comic book store for additional inspiration.

Have you guys seen the new RIFTS book?

Man, they've really powered up the Cyber Knight significantly!

Remember all the bonuses they used to get? (+1 extra attack, +1D4 to PP, PS, PE, SPD and ME. and bonuses to attack rolls and initiative). Now they get this special Combat Zen Awareness that makes them more akin to Jedi. They get an Automatic Dodge against normal and high tech weaponry at +4 to dodge (doesn't work against spells, natural powers and Psionics). Opponents are at penalties to even try and hit the Cyber Knight! And if you go by the old RIFTS Conversion Book, they also allowed Cyber Knights to deflect beams and bullets with their PSI Sword!

Speaking of PSI Sword...Cyber Knights now also get PSI Sheild for free as well. It costs 15 I.S.P. to activate, but no biggie. In addition to the everyman Cyber Knight powers (Psi Sword, Psi Sheild and Meditation) there is a 70% chance that the Cyber Knight is also fully psionic! Okay, that was in the original RIFTS, book, but now there's a chance they can be a Master level Psionic with access to Super Psionics. There didn't seem to be any limit to the powers they could choose either. Also the Master Psionic version got extra damage added to his Psi Sword. I know this is a new rule!

Also, Cyber Knights get the Paired Weapons skill at 2cnd level and can develop the ability to generate two Psi Swords at once.

Oh, and btw, the Cyber Knights Cyber-Armor gains the ability to regenerate M.D.C. at around 5th or 6th level, and gains Armor Rating (up to AR 18) as his levels increase as well.

Now the Cyber Knight is easily on par with Crazies and may be near as effective (though not quite as fast) as a Juicer.

Sheesh. I gotta revise my Cyber Ronin...

Have you guys seen the new RIFTS book?

Man, they've really powered up the Cyber Knight significantly!

Yes, the Cyber Knight looks better now :) .

But they said, that the book was rewritten completly, but i saw typos in it, they had since the first printing, like the "Effektive Range" of the "C-27 Heavy Plasma Cannon" with 488 KM!!!!!!

Yes, for fans, it is nice to read it again :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly.

I went to a Rifts to GURPS conversion site earlier today hoping to see some Powered Armor converted to GURPS Vehicles/Mecha. all I got was....

CONTENT REMOVED AS PER PALLADIUM GAMES REQUEST

dude, that sucks nutz...

I was browsing the Internet Archive Wayback Machine and came across this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020202072458/http://www.cybergoon.com/games/rifts/

Enjoy!