WWYCD: Holes in the story

Watchdog

Re: WWYCD: Holes in the story

Starguard -- is the team's cook, she doesn't go out to eat. If she /did/ go out to eat... her prior job before becoming a superheroine was "waitress", so she'd never be rude to waitstaff. (For that matter, it's a noteworthy event when Starguard is rude to /anyone/.)

Dr. Pain -- "... damn! OK, a dozen honey glazed."

Baron von Darien -- is a vampire. He doesn't eat... donuts.

Ranger, being a doughnut shop regular, and former FBI, would recognize this as a code phrase that the baker is being held hostage. He would leave as if believeing it, then sneak in the back and take out the foul villain who would dare desecrate the doughnut shop. Unnecessary force and brutality would probably be justified.

Some things just can't be tolerated.

Adamant:

Well, he ran a bakery for about a dozen years in 19th century London. Lars knows that these things happen. He'd go home and make his own jelly donuts (or pastry equivalent) if he really had a craving... he doesn't need to eat anyway, it's just for pleasure and to fit in.

The Analogist:

"I knew that already, based on last weeks' precipitation in Iowa"

All the Rest:

"Damn! Have you got any Bavarian Custard-filled?"

Well Badger tends to stay out of the public between fights, so this does not apply. He'll be busy out in his cave eating roasted possum or whatever he caught that morning. Or possibly whatever he got stored up (he does get some food supplied by the city for his help defending now and again)

Queen of Spades would only buy a jelly doughnut if it was low fat/fat free. She has a figure to keep, damnit. And even then, she peffers the Boston Creme ones. And buy it in Secret ID.

Still, she'd bat her eyelashes at the cashier, and ask him if he could take the time to whip one up for lil' ol' herself? Whip out the charm and everything--that's why she's an auto model. :D

Then pay twice as much for the baker's time and effort.

Mr Terrific is passive-aggressive enough that he'd take the hint, get back in his car, drive to the next supermarket with a bakery, and buy what he wants from there. And he'd never patronize the first establishment again.

Penumbra would smile and say, "I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately for both of us, I want six chocolate cake-style with chocolate icing, and six with Bavarian creme." He'd look around and ask if they were having any competition problems with Krispy Kreme. Being a guy with shadows swirling around him, he's learned you have to go a little further to make sure the public doesn't think you're about to attack them for every little thing.

Millennium would get a Barvarian cream instead.

Cheeta, if in uniform, would run at superspeed to the next donut shop.

Snow Leopard "I'm here to eat a jelly donut and kick @$$, and if you're all out of jelly donuts . . .." She takes after her father, Logan, when her blood sugar is low.

Dolphin "What have you got that's fried in pure vegetable oil wit no transfats?"

Iron Will "But I ordered an iced latte."

Ranger' date=' being a doughnut shop regular, and former FBI, would recognize this as a code phrase that the baker is being held hostage. He would leave as if believeing it, then sneak in the back and take out the foul villain who would [i']dare[/i] desecrate the doughnut shop. Unnecessary force and brutality would probably be justified.

Some things just can't be tolerated.

LOL!

Stalker would probably look at the display and try to find something else He liked. IF he ordered Jelly donuts.

As I am the one playing him, though, he would be confused and try to find out what is going on.

He ordered Apple Fritters.

SOmething is wrong, but what?

Probably just a spaced out counter person.

On what appears to be a typical morning, your PC goes to the bakery and places an order. The cashier looks at the counter display before informing you that they're all out of jelly doughnuts.

WWYCD?

Gaze- "I am the Gaze. The Unblinking Eye that burns its way into the very twisted heart and darkened souls of criminals who cling to the shadows and snuff the light. My will is as inescapable as a fog upon the shore."

Suddenly he would realize his monologue had taken a life of its own, and have to ask "I'm sorry, what was the problem again?"

:)

• 5 years later...

Vitus would eye the baker suspiciously - he only goes there for flatbread. Something is clearly wrong.

Zero would carefully probe the baker's mind for evidence of coercion or tampering

ROVER would stand there baffled as hIS programming tries to make sense of this non sequitor, before radioing back to his teammates - 'PASTRY STATUS SUB-NOMINAL : QUERY - ADVICE:ALTERNATIVES:EXPLANATIONS?'

The Economaster would graciously meet with the owners and discuss supply/demand, and suggest they bake more jelly or raise prices. Might finance the company and take over if their business sense looks poor.

Since none of characters really eats jelly donuts, they'd say "Thank you for telling me that," and proceed to order what they want. Except one. See below.

Volt - Glazed donuts or occasionally Bavarian Creme. Prefers bagels (garlic or apple cinnamon)

Olorin - Bavarian Creme or glazed. Another bagel fan, same as Volt.

Black Tiger - does not do donuts. Or bagels. If in store for another reason, he'd ignore the comment and do what he came to do.

Leadman - Crullers or cake donuts (plain). Dunks only.

Futurian - "Oh wow. Now I want one. Just kidding. Got maple? If not, glazed or cinnamon,"

On what appears to be a typical morning, your PC goes to the bakery and places an order. The cashier looks at the counter display before informing you that they're all out of jelly doughnuts.

WWYCD?

Bolo would look furtively left and right, then stage-whisper to the cashier, "The pearl is in the river" before putting on his sunglasses and walking out of the bakery, alert for anybody tailing him.

I just don't see Kurzhaan the Conqueror as the sugary breakfast type, he'd be more likely to eat some kind of meat out of a skillet (or off a roasting spit). Of my other characters, one is made of dirt, another subsists on the misery of damned souls, and the third is a runway model, so obviously none of them would ever be a donut shop customer.

Pizza Man would have to roll an 11 or less, This might trigger a complication: Enraged when denied donuts of choice 11-

Black Falcon and Shade would simply fly to another bakery.

Psidestep would summon enough Jelly Donuts from another dimension and restock the bakery. He would then purchase his donuts. Of course one might argue, why go to the bakery in the first place if you can just summon donuts? Jenny, the cashier is really cute.