Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hermit

I could watch him get slapped around all day

Re: I could watch him get slapped around all day

So how many people were overjoyed when Wolverine got one punched through a wall by an eleven year old in Runaways?

"Only 198 mutants left in the world and she hadda be one of em."

I really like that series.

Well, I haven’t really read American comics for almost ten years now, but one example is still fresh in my mind.

Gambit.

God, I hated him. Shall I count the ways?

Brother, you are SO repped!

Deathstroke the Terminator.

Gar: Did you sleep with Terra?

Deathstroke: Does it matter?

Yes. It does matter. Hopefully, he gets slapped down by the new Terra.

Batman by Irwin Schwab aka the Ambush Bug

Superman: Batman, why are you wearing a pink costume with a hula skirt and a happy face sign on the back of your head?

Batman: I don't want to talk about it

Emma Frost by Kitty Pryde.

I'd like to say all the Liefeld creations, but one of them became a very decent character under a decent writer. So other than Deadpool, all the others.

Wolverine by the Fabulous Frog Man or the Walrus(He has the speed and proportinal strength of a walrus)

Anti-Monitor by Kara Zor-El.(Still a little upset about that and the LIE. IMPO Earth-A pull through)

The Punisher and Venom. They are NOT heroes.

Gambit by Betty Brant

Cyclops- biggest whiney maggot character ever, they should have kept him dead but b/c of the movie they needed to bring him back... waste of comic space in my opinion, I've never liked him. I'd buy a 12 part mini-series where every issue was just him getting pimp slapped by everyone in the MU...

Perhaps this is wrong but ...

Jean Grey - Sue Storm or Mary Jane Watson-Parker testoterone laiden jokes aside. The latter two could show this damn tease a thing or two about being a wife. Actaully Sue's feeling for Namor could get her on the recieving end...

Malice (Sue Storm) - Invisible Woman (Sue Storm)

White Queen - any Marvel woman with an ounce of Self Respect.

Selene (The Black Queen)- Magma she's had it coming for a long time.

Actually, just carpet bomb the X-Verse.

Same as everyone else - Wolverine, Batman (post DKR, when he started to become the Bat God in JLA) and The Authority (especially The Midnighter). I really enjoyed seeing Seth massacre them, he's great. And at least they stayed dead for a short while.

I also cant stand The Invisibles but that isnt a superhero comic.

I have never taken an instant dislike to a comic book character, except in one case. DC's current Manhunter, Kate Spencer. I'd like to see her get pwned by just about anyone. Superman, who'd lecture her on responsibility and heroic ideals. Batman, who'd lecture her about thinking before acting and about not killing. Any previous Manhunter (even the crappy Zero Hour one) for making the name look bad.

I don't know what it is about this character that rubs me the wrong way, but it does. I apologize if my opinion upsets any fans.

Well, I'm not offended. It's fairly clear that the Spencer Manhunter is supposed to be having a redemption arc--the person who's an utter failure in pretty much every way a human can be pulls herself out of the pit by her own gumption and realization of her flaws. But unfortunately she started out just a little bit too unlikable to really pull it off.

Plus, the author knows diddly-squat about the American legal system, so the parts where she's supposed to be a hot-shot prosecutor utterly fail to convince.

Mentor, I owe you rep for the original post. (I tried but it wouldnt let me)

I pretty much agree with what you said, and why. Especially about "The Authority"; IMHO the most sickening mis-use of the term "superhero" Ive ever heard of.

Batman getting pwned by Ambush Bug...thats just awesome too!

Deathstroke the Terminator.

Yes. It does matter. Hopefully, he gets slapped down by the new Terra.

Batman by Irwin Schwab aka the Ambush Bug

Emma Frost by Kitty Pryde.

I'd like to say all the Liefeld creations, but one of them became a very decent character under a decent writer. So other than Deadpool, all the others.

Wolverine by the Fabulous Frog Man or the Walrus(He has the speed and proportinal strength of a walrus)

Anti-Monitor by Kara Zor-El.(Still a little upset about that and the LIE. IMPO Earth-A pull through)

The Punisher and Venom. They are NOT heroes.

Gambit by Betty Brant

Oh, you read Dave's Long Box too? Walrus amuses me.

Jubilee. Anybody who learned acrobatics and martial arts by growing up in a mall needs to be seriously smacked upside the head. Anybody who even says this needs to be seriously smacked upside the head.

I really hate to say this, because I loathe Jubilee with the intensity of an entire galactic cluster of supernovae.

But, facts are facts, and I must yield to them.

To be fair, Jubilee did not learn acrobatics and etc. by growing up in a mall. Before her parents died and all, she was in competitive gymnastics, in the 'seriously trying to get into the Olympics' level.

It was after they done died (in a car crash, I think, but can't remember for sure) and she apparently came up entirely minus on either living relatives, legal guardians, or a Social Services department that could remember that even she existed, that she started living the teenaged runaway on-the-streets lifestyle, which included sleeping in that mall, yes.

So her gymnastics actually wasn't that stupid. It's merely everything ELSE about her character that was stupid.

(Such as the martial arts... although again, IIRC, she didn't actually *have* any martial arts unlike Logan started training for her reasons known only to the writer, because seriously, I never understood WTF he gave her the time of day.)

(Such as the martial arts... although again, IIRC, she didn't actually *have* any martial arts unlike Logan started training for her reasons known only to the writer, because seriously, I never understood WTF he gave her the time of day.)

His latent paedophilia?

At least that's how all of the fanfic'ers write it as (therefore it has to be true;))

TB

His latent paedophilia?

At least that's how all of the fanfic'ers write it as (therefore it has to be true;))

TB

He and Kitty Pride got along really well too, come to think of it. :P

Fisrt Kitty Pryde and then Jubilee are his apprentices.

He also hits on happily married women(Jean Grey Summers and Mary Jay Wattson-Parker.

Yes, Wolverine has some serious issues with females.

Hey, Impossible Man. Here's Wolverine. Make sure you treat him as your best friend.

I really hate to say this' date=' because I loathe Jubilee with the intensity of an entire galactic cluster of supernovae.[/quote']

You and me both.

But, facts are facts, and I must yield to them.

To be fair, Jubilee did not learn acrobatics and etc. by growing up in a mall. Before her parents died and all, she was in competitive gymnastics, in the 'seriously trying to get into the Olympics' level...

That's why I said any body who claims that deserves a beat down as well. I seriously hoped that there was a further explanation to the story, and it seems that there was. That, at least, is good. However, it doesn't change the fact that she used to tell people that she got quick and tuff from growing up in a mall. Like anyone dressed like that is going to earn street cred.

He and Kitty Pride got along really well too' date=' come to think of it. :P[/quote']

*stabs people*

The Logan/Kitty saga was wonderfully well-written on a foster father/daughter level, and you shouldn't compare it to the Jubilee... thing. Which should never have existed. Like, ever.

*stabs people*

The Logan/Kitty saga was wonderfully well-written on a foster father/daughter level, and you shouldn't compare it to the Jubilee... thing. Which should never have existed. Like, ever.

Hey, hey, just pulling chains. Besides, I liked the Kitty/Logan interaction. Made Logan more approachable, and made Kitty a stronger person.

*stabs people*

Wasn't Jubivorine supposed to be satirical commentary on the Batman-Robin relationship? I mean, as close as Claremont ever got to satire, more like farce. Jubilee even wore Robin's colors, which was one of the only cool things about her.

Jubilee was just another one of Claremont's bad riffs on Podkayne of Mars. Doesn't quite warrant a slapping around, but YMMV. Definitely a crap character though.

I just thought of one I'd like to see. The Authority getting their asses handed to them by the Powder Puff Girls.

Or maybe Johny Quest, his dad, Haji, and Race.

Bandit would take out the Midnighter.

:eg:

I just thought of one I'd like to see. The Authority getting their asses handed to them by the Powder Puff Girls.

"Pow-ER Puff... no 'D'"- Powerpuff Girls upon meeting the Legion of Doom :)

"Pow-ER Puff... no 'D'"- Powerpuff Girls upon meeting the Legion of Doom :)

OOOPS!!!! I had better send my apology in a hurry, so I Don't have a problem with them.

:eek:

Bubbles looking at gewing

Bubbles: I'll prove that I can be...... Hardcore.

bubbles gives gewing a beat down.

gewing: Have mercy

Bubbles: Mercy is for the weak!

Bubbles looking at gewing

Bubbles: I'll prove that I can be...... Hardcore.

bubbles gives gewing a beat down.

gewing: Have mercy

Bubbles: Mercy is for the weak!

I'll make you Brownies to apologize! Even Caramel Brownies!!!!

:ugly:

I really like a lot of these. However, part of me thinks that the joker should simply be killed resisting arrest by some rookie member of the Gotham PD.

Having the Black Panther beat on Sabertooth is pretty good. Though it might be more fun if either Kitty Pryde or NIghtcrawler did it. Somebody he would find REALLY humiliating. Maybe the Power Pack.

*coughs* Darkhold 4(I think). Louise Hastings, one of the coolest mortal level characters ever(No superpowers,just smart, and not superoverthetop smart, either). Sabertooth got so righteously beatdown it was hilarious.

My List?

Dr. Strange:... I just really, really, really hate him. And I unfortunetly don't have all night to explain why.

Hmm... don't know. Honestly, most just leave me blah if I don't like them.