"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I believe I recognize the location -- and several of the costume wearers. If I'm not mistaken that was taken at DragonCon in Atlanta. And likely at last year's DC. There were many duplicated characters. They would pose' date=' take picture, swap a duplicate, and repeat. That way, everybody got to be in the shot.[/quote']

Yep, it's from Dragoncon 2009.

Most of them I can ID pretty easily, but some of them I'm lost on. Who's the guy in red next to Hawkgirl? That's not Shazam, is it? And on the other side of Hawkgirl, there's a redhead that I'm not sure of. And there's an Asian-looking dude just below/to the right of that redhead. There's also a blonde in a black mask standing next to John Stewart that I'm not sure of. And the blonde right beneath Aquaman... Power Girl? But there's another Power Girl in the back row, so maybe not. OTOH, there's two Questions, so maybe... :think:

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Most of them I can ID pretty easily, but some of them I'm lost on. Who's the guy in red next to Hawkgirl? That's not Shazam, is it? And on the other side of Hawkgirl, there's a redhead that I'm not sure of. And there's an Asian-looking dude just below/to the right of that redhead. There's also a blonde in a black mask standing next to John Stewart that I'm not sure of. And the blonde right beneath Aquaman... Power Girl? But there's another Power Girl in the back row, so maybe not. OTOH, there's two Questions, so maybe... :think:

I think that the guy left of Hawkgirl is Captain Marvel, the girl below Aquaman is Woder Girl not sure about the others.

The Justice League - pure win!

3905894185_3cffabcea2.jpg

Actually, the character's name is Captain Marvel, not Shazam. ;) But yes, that was him.

I'm also not sure about the redhead next to Hawkgirl, or the Asian-looking dude (can't see anything of the costume). Same for the blonde in the black mask. While that wasn't Power Girl right in front of Aquaman, the character is related in some comic-book-ish convoluted way Supes/PG/SG.

There was a second Question, who was the first's protege. Her name was Renee Montoya.

And the redhead in the back row, second from the left? Über Hawt, and Über Tall (like over 6' tall without heels). She was dressed in Looker's first costume.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35112[/ATTACH]

Still can't quite tell who that one redhead is, but...

Looks like the Asian guy is Mon-El/Valor.

3906673870_a8a94eebb0.jpg

Here's a better shot of the blonde. Looks like a female Robin. Keri from Dark Knight Returns (20 years later), maybe?

3906670734_9e9145c579.jpg

And the blonde in front of Aquaman? Wondergirl.

3906667050_99daafdd0f.jpg

Yep, that's Looker:

3905886953_898f564d47.jpg

Mr. Fries!

3905887217_c4e3a276d9.jpg

Yeah' date=' you see that kind of weapon in Warhammer 40k all the time. Usually used by Space Marines in Terminator armor, 'cuz a chainsword attached to a gun is a b*tch to use in hand to hand combat unless you've got powered armor backing you up. ;)[/quote']

I think it's also seen in Gears of War... or a game like that, where the rifles have chainsaw bayonets.