• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Why in the world would you 1 1/2 gal. gas tank on the thing? With my luck I'd shoot the thing into some big honking monster. BHM then pulls saw out and then proceeds to wreck havock until the gas runs out.

Do not question the awesomeness that is the RPC.

4391298020_0c83429368_o.jpg

Robosteel is a Dublin-based art studio that builds frightening-looking sculptures out of scrap metal. Pictured above is one in the image of the alien queen from the movie Alien, made from 1,200 pounds of Yamaha motorcycle parts. The artists assert that their inspiration is a simple Picasso sculpture:

Picasso’s sculpture of the bicycle saddle and a handlebar was the first example of a work made from everyday things, using junk or scrap. Like other of Picasso’s firsts this work opened up new possibilities for artists. In this instance – sculptors, who for centuries had employed traditional materials such as stone or wood now instead, many of them began to incorporate junk materials into their work (known as assemblages) or fashion new objects from them. The works are a great example of the inventive genius of Picasso and the ultimate inspiration for RoboSteel.

Yeah' date=' you see that kind of weapon in Warhammer 40k all the time. Usually used by Space Marines in Terminator armor, 'cuz a chainsword attached to a gun is a b*tch to use in hand to hand combat unless you've got powered armor backing you up. ;)[/quote']

I think it's also seen in Gears of War... or a game like that' date=' where the rifles have chainsaw bayonets.[/quote']

I reckon it would work in Gamma World as well.

You asked "Urban Pantheist?" apparently wanting to know who or what they were

I would have assumed it meant something like a city dwelling person who holds that the Divine is immanent in all things.

Apparently it means something like "nature photographer."

Lucius Alexander

Seeing God in a Palindromedary

Some postcards I scanned:

A Few cards for larger versions of what's below.

Crystal Cave in Sequoia National Park, around 1951

crystal_cave_postcard_s.jpg

Not sure where this is, possibly in the Alps. Cards in the book also had Versailles in the first part of the 1900s.

lake_house_postcard_s.jpg

Twin Peaks in San Francisco, 1920-1940 I'm guessing

twin_peaks_postcard_s.jpg

How about the paintings too?

Lucius Alexander

Insert palindromedary tagline here

The Paintings

painting_boy_100228_01_s.jpgpainting_oma_100228_01_s.jpg

The thread that I'm starting to put more scans in. Box load of postcards and other stuff from all over the place. I just scanned a postcard from Salt Lake city, circa 1954 with a mini bag of salt from the lake still attached. Also, postcards from Saigon in 1955, Japan in 1901, New York City in 1912, Miami in 1926. My family traveled a bit and knew a bunch that also traveled.