Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

You can get to it from here:

http://inkwellideas.com/?p=1099

They are ragging on GURPS rather hard. You don't need a PhD in Math or CS to play GURPS! (Unless you are trying to create a vehicle, of course. Or an AI with a compartmentalized mind. And G*d forbid you try to create a vehicle controlled by an AI with a compartmentalized mind. Of course, this is all 3rd Ed. Maybe it's better now.)

They are ragging on GURPS rather hard. You don't need a PhD in Math or CS to play GURPS! (Unless you are trying to create a vehicle' date=' of course. Or an AI with a compartmentalized mind. And G*d forbid you try to create a vehicle controlled by an AI with a compartmentalized mind. Of course, this is all 3rd Ed. Maybe it's better now.)[/quote']

Phooey. I used GURPS Vehicles back when all I had was BA in broadcasting. Then I got a BS in industrial technology, read it again and fixed all the mistakes....

Considering that he appears to be a Shaolin monk... I can't say I'm amazed' date=' but I am impressed.[/quote']

If it's the same guy, I think I saw him on one of those shows like Believe It or Not. He claims he worked for the Chinese Government as a assassin.

Aren't you a little cute to be a storm trooper?

True story: while my wife was pregnant with our son, I had a favorite name that she absolutely refused to consider. I wanted to name the boy Lucas, with a middle name of Sky. Our last name is Walters. Thus, he would be Luke Sky Walters. She refused to admit to the inherent awesomeness of this name.

True story: while my wife was pregnant with our son' date=' I had a favorite name that she absolutely refused to consider. I wanted to name the boy Lucas, with a middle name of Sky. Our last name is Walters. Thus, he would be [b']Luke Sky Walters[/b]. She refused to admit to the inherent awesomeness of this name.

I worked with a young woman whose name was Skye. I asked if her parents were hippies and she said only one was, and that's why her middle name was not Blue.

Now that I think of it, I also worked with a woman whose name was Cere (pronounced Sarah). When I asked her about it she told me her mother was a hippy and her middle name was Mona. Her mother named her Cere Mona _______ because she felt that giving birth was a kind of ceremony.

I worked with a young woman whose name was Skye. I asked if her parents were hippies and she said only one was, and that's why her middle name was not Blue.

Now that I think of it, I also worked with a woman whose name was Cere (pronounced Sarah). When I asked her about it she told me her mother was a hippy and her middle name was Mona. Her mother named her Cere Mona _______ because she felt that giving birth was a kind of ceremony.

On the first day of class, the college professor called role, asking for (pronouncing phonetically) "Bloo-esk-i" with no response. After the role, he asked if there was anyone he hadn't called. A tall man raised his hand, and said he was Jacob Blue Sky. Seems Jake was a member of the Shoshone tribe of Native Americans...

(My current boss is also a NA. He goes by his middle name, because "A native American named Joseph is too much of a stereotype.")

True story: while my wife was pregnant with our son' date=' I had a favorite name that she absolutely refused to consider. I wanted to name the boy Lucas, with a middle name of Sky. Our last name is Walters. Thus, he would be [b']Luke Sky Walters[/b]. She refused to admit to the inherent awesomeness of this name.
Maybe your wife was blessed with a bit more common sense than you.

My wife kept threatening that our son's middle name was going to be "Lynx" and it was left to me to find his first name. I told her if she insisted, then his first name would be "Mist" and we'd call him "Koshi" for short.

Liberties with the middle name I don't mind so much.

My housemate name is Yuri Alexander _______, and is third generation American. When he graduated high school his parents told him if he wanted he could use his middle name. He said they could have told him that a long time ago and saved him a lot of pain.

My other housemate and landlord's sister just had a baby. I don't think much of the parents for many reasons, but I feel bad for the kid especially because they named her 'Boudica Andraste _______'. 8FP expects the sobriquet 'Booty Call' will be heard frequently, kids being the little monsters they are.