"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I don't know if this is really a "neat" picture, but it is something I created for my current Champions game I'm running. It is the logo for the group the characters find themselves to be a part of. I created it in Photoshop using the standard filters and patterns.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21078&d=1143440655

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

RP, you missed on a few of the planes.

The First is a Dauntless, the Navy's fighter at the begining of the war, not a P-40. A P-40 has an inline engine, not radial.

Both the NASA Chase plane and the one below it are FA-18s. If you look at teh tail and leading edge of the wing and compare it to the Blue Angel craft you'll see what I mean. The bottom is an fa-18B two seater.

Actually the "Black Knights" Plane is an F/A-18 F Super Hornet. If you look under the wing you will notice that the intakes are squared off, distinguishing it visually from the previous versions of the two-seat F-18. This is marked as a Navy or Marine Corps aircraft, if it was Air Force, the tails would not be in contrasting colors, they would be the same color as the rest of the airplane. Also the squadron nickname would not be on an Air Force plane, but the Navy and Marines do that stuff. The rondel under the cockpit, which I assume was what was referred to as an Air Force marking, is a United States marking, found on all United States military aircraft, USAF, USN, USMC or USA. Just to clear up any confusion.

Actually the "Black Knights" Plane is an F/A-18 F Super Hornet. If you look under the wing you will notice that the intakes are squared off' date=' distinguishing it visually from the previous versions of the two-seat F-18. This is marked as a Navy or Marine Corps aircraft, if it was Air Force, the tails would not be in contrasting colors, they would be the same color as the rest of the airplane. Also the squadron nickname would not be on an Air Force plane, but the Navy and Marines do that stuff. The rondel under the cockpit, which I assume was what was referred to as an Air Force marking, is a United States marking, found on all United States military aircraft, USAF, USN, USMC or USA. Just to clear up any confusion.[/quote']

Thanks

Someone should Photoshop the basking shark over the C5.

This is really crude as I'm swamped at work right now. This is a 15 minute photomanip so don't be too harsh on it. :)

EDIT: I just noticed I left some of the ramp showing... Like I said it isn't perfect. I think the hug in the center of the picture would be a "good bye hug". :eg:

In the most recent (March) Natural History magazine, the opening picture ("The Natural Moment" feature) is of a young giant anteater sleeping on its mother's back. Yes, apparently giant anteaters carry their young that way. Unfortunately, the image isn't available on-line (unless you subscribe electronically, maybe).

Anyway, before seeing the image I would never have guessed that a picture would make a giant anteater look cute.

Actually the "Black Knights" Plane is an F/A-18 F Super Hornet. If you look under the wing you will notice that the intakes are squared off, distinguishing it visually from the previous versions of the two-seat F-18. This is marked as a Navy or Marine Corps aircraft, if it was Air Force, the tails would not be in contrasting colors, they would be the same color as the rest of the airplane. Also the squadron nickname would not be on an Air Force plane, but the Navy and Marines do that stuff. The rondel under the cockpit, which I assume was what was referred to as an Air Force marking, is a United States marking, found on all United States military aircraft, USAF, USN, USMC or USA. Just to clear up any confusion.

Oh, good, I'm NOT going crazy. Well, about the plane thing, anyway.

Not exactly an old Asteroids videogame

Egad. Is it wrong to be hunching up on my chair with my arms over my head as I watch that?

This is really crude as I'm swamped at work right now. This is a 15 minute photomanip so don't be too harsh on it. :)

EDIT: I just noticed I left some of the ramp showing... Like I said it isn't perfect. I think the hug in the center of the picture would be a "good bye hug". :eg:

That's awesome! I love the people at the corner of the mouth, looking casually out at the crowd.