"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

My only poo poo is that, as it looks like the hand rails were the big thing to make cozy, in this case, it just wasn't practical to leave up.

Guerilla Knitters in Berlin:

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/guerilla-knitters-in-berlin

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

My only poo poo is that, as it looks like the hand rails were the big thing to make cozy, in this case, it just wasn't practical to leave up.

Guerilla Knitters in Berlin:

http://www.juxtapoz.com/Current/guerilla-knitters-in-berlin

That reminds me of how zookeepers "enrich" the lives of their charges by providing changes in their routine and giving them unexpected treats and puzzles. We need more guerrilla knitters if you ask me. It's sort of like the opposite of terrorism.

A pity that's just artist's conception' date=' and not an actual photo montage.[/quote']

Just to see them all represented with some sense of scale is pretty cool, though. I was surprised at the number of bluish planets stars. I thought those didn't live long enough to allow the excess matter to accumulate into planets. I am mistaken?

Bluish stars, you mean? I strongly suspect there's an exaggeration of color. Getting star colors accurately represented on paper, let alone a computer screen, is quite difficult, especially since the chromatic response of the eye changes as overall light level changes. I did the best I could with the artificial image I made of M67 (look in my gallery here to see that) and I am pretty certain that the Kepler target stars all fit in a subset of the color/temperature range that's present in that M67 frame.

EDIT: Grr, I can get the candidate list in PDF form, but extracting 21 pages of table from that to a flat-text file I can manipulate is annoying.