• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

those are damned cool. I Don't think I noticed you are in Perth. I loved my short visit there. I still want to go back to Rottnest Island' date=' go camping and fishing...[/quote']

just as long as you don't play Quokka Soccer. Interesting aside - Quokkas will happily devour any beetle grubs you offer them, and drink red cordial, despite being rat-sized kangaroos. I'd advise giving them water, but red cordial was all I had on me at the time, and gratefully received.

just as long as you don't play Quokka Soccer. Interesting aside - Quokkas will happily devour any beetle grubs you offer them' date=' and drink red cordial, despite being rat-sized kangaroos. I'd advise giving them water, but red cordial was all I had on me at the time, and gratefully received.[/quote']

I think we might have seen one Quokka on our short visit. It was pretty funny, the annual precipitation there was almost EXACTLY the same as where I grew up, and still live.

I waded out into the water (most beautiful clear blue water I have ever seen) and it was like walking into a cool bath. Not cold, not hot, cool. Cooler than I would have wanted for a real bath, but warmer than most places I have ever swam. Much warmer than when I swam in Puget Sound... the water was as smooth as a pond that day too. Though about the first thing we noticed after getting off the Ferry was the number of one footed Seagulls hopping around...

Year of the Spy. Excellent.

Of course, if you just read that, now I have to kill you. :bmk: So sorry.

Armies have tried and failed. Other giant monsters have tried and failed. A giant mechanical 'clone' has tried and failed. Aliens have tried and failed.

So, please, go ahead and try...

I think we might have seen one Quokka on our short visit. It was pretty funny, the annual precipitation there was almost EXACTLY the same as where I grew up, and still live.

I waded out into the water (most beautiful clear blue water I have ever seen) and it was like walking into a cool bath. Not cold, not hot, cool. Cooler than I would have wanted for a real bath, but warmer than most places I have ever swam. Much warmer than when I swam in Puget Sound... the water was as smooth as a pond that day too. Though about the first thing we noticed after getting off the Ferry was the number of one footed Seagulls hopping around...

That'd be the Leeuwin Current, a unique warm-water current that hugs the West Australian coastline - it's the only reason we have coral growing around Rottnest, this far south.

I mean, I was scraping ice of the windscreen the other morning...