"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Well, it's a prearranged demo of a "basic" spinning head scissors takedown. You see it all the time in pro wrestling, the competitive forms scene and it's made it's way into several movies :)

For the guy being thrown, it's not hard to practice at all. It's a very easy forward roll. He even puts his hand down on the mat first.

Takes some measure of athleticism to jump directly onto a standing opponents shoulders, but she's vaulting using his arm/shoulder, so not quite as hard as you might think. He's giving her a slight lift and turn in the process, too aid her leap and the spin.

Works best with a pair like that, where the person taking the fall is heavier than the one performing the throw, but not too much taller.

This is not a criticism mind you. She does the technique very well :) (though I can't quite tell if she has her feet crossed the correct way for a proper head scissor submission finish...)

EDIT: thought my initial post sounded a bit... smug... hopefully fixed now...

Ah, so there's my problem. I don't watch professional wrestling... Neat move though.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Well, it's a prearranged demo of a "basic" spinning head scissors takedown. You see it all the time in pro wrestling, the competitive forms scene and it's made it's way into several movies :)

For the guy being thrown, it's not hard to practice at all. It's a very easy forward roll. He even puts his hand down on the mat first.

Takes some measure of athleticism to jump directly onto a standing opponents shoulders, but she's vaulting using his arm/shoulder, so not quite as hard as you might think. He's giving her a slight lift and turn in the process, too aid her leap and the spin.

Works best with a pair like that, where the person taking the fall is heavier than the one performing the throw, but not too much taller.

This is not a criticism mind you. She does the technique very well :) (though I can't quite tell if she has her feet crossed the correct way for a proper head scissor submission finish...)

EDIT: thought my initial post sounded a bit... smug... hopefully fixed now...

What happens if he had spun the other way instead of with her?

CES

What happens if he had spun the other way instead of with her?

CES

Most likely, she gets stuck hanging upside down on his back, with him possibly toppling over backwards and falling on top of her.

Or she might simply slip right off of him and fall on her own head/back.

If she scissors up tight enough to not slip and if she catches his body moving in the opposite direction, she could potentially break his neck, which is probably the answer you were looking for ;)

But that would be a cataclysmic failure of training and natural human survival reflexes. Your body wants to turn in the direction that the head gets twisted. Even untrained people will throw themselves off their own feet to prevent an injury of that nature.

Most (realistic) twisting neck break techniques involve immobilizing the opponent so they can't spin out or getting a lot of momentum going in opposite directions...

Most likely, she gets stuck hanging upside down on his back, with him possibly toppling over backwards and falling on top of her.

Or she might simply slip right off of him and fall on her own head/back.

If she scissors up tight enough to not slip and if she catches his body moving in the opposite direction, she could potentially break his neck, which is probably the answer you were looking for ;)

But that would be a cataclysmic failure of training and natural human survival reflexes. Your body wants to turn in the direction that the head gets twisted. Even untrained people will throw themselves off their own feet to prevent an injury of that nature.

Most (realistic) twisting neck break techniques involve immobilizing the opponent so they can't spin out or getting a lot of momentum going in opposite directions...

Thanks, B. I noticed that the guy turned with her and was wondering what would have happened if he had just stopped.

CES

Guest Celt

Thanks, B. I noticed that the guy turned with her and was wondering what would have happened if he had just stopped.

CES

POP! goes the weasel!

If you like accordian' date=' look up Patricia Bartell. nice young woman, went to school here. Classical Accordian is AMAZING![/quote']

speak of an Angel, and she shall appear!

I ran into Patricia less than two hours after posting that.

epic-win-photos-finishing-a-marathon-win.jpg

A paralysed woman has become the first person to complete a marathon in a bionic suit.

Claire Lomas finished the London Marathon today, crossing the finishing line 16 days after the race began.

The 32-year-old said she was "over the moon" as she completed the 26.2-mile route, which she started on April 22 with 36,000 other participants.

Ms Lomas will not appear in the official results and did not receive a medal when she finished as competitors have to complete the course on the same day to qualify for a medal, organisers said.

But a number of marathon runners decided to donate their own medals to Ms Lomas.

Jacqui Rose, from Southampton who contributed her medal along with an estimated 12 others, said: "She has epitomised what I thought the London Marathon was all about."

from The Independent and Win!Blog