• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

What' date=' all day or just for a moment? Which celestial objects are these supposed to be above the Pyramids anyway?[/quote']

It's supposed to happen about an hour before dawn. Those are not Orion, but are actually Saturn, Mercury, and Venus.

That's my point. They can predict the end of the world' date=' but they didn't see the Spaniards coming?[/quote']

If you people would just read the entirely factual life story of Doc Savage you would know that they are hidden in the Republic of Hidalgo. Sheesh.

That's my point. They can predict the end of the world' date=' but they didn't see the Spaniards coming?[/quote']

THat is because they didn't and never predicted to so-called "end of the world" what they observed was an end of a cycle of celestial-earth time.

the end-of-the-world is IMO propaganda.

I am guessing it is meant to be Orion's Belt. Some recent books claim (amongst other things) that Ancient Egypt laid out various of its pyramids to mirror the constellation of Orion' date=' with the 'Big Three' at Giza being the Belt.[/quote']

Heh, I just ran across that exact episode of Ancient Aliens the other day while flipping channels. See how all these ancient structures sort of line up in groups of three that make a line that generally points to, eventually, something of significance! Please ignore the fact that sometimes we flip Orion and sometimes we don't, and that the rest of the constellation apparently doesn't matter...

Expected view at Giza on December 3, 2012:

181454_302001166549249_117905868292114_669537_1300040161_n.jpg

It's supposed to happen about an hour before dawn. Those are not Orion' date=' but are actually Saturn, Mercury, and Venus.[/quote']

Testing that out with Solar Walk (Mac OS app and iPad/iPhone app, for those who have it) on 00:10 3rd Dec 2012 and I can believe that it is Saturn, Mercury and Venus as they do make a fairly straight line although I believe the order you have them in is slightly wrong. I reckon it should be Mercury, Venus and Saturn.

Let me see if I can illustrate with pictures (these are just done by zooming in and out, everything else is the same)

Panel 1: close up showing viewpoint is from Cairo

Panel 2: zoomed out a bit showing Mercury and Venus

Panel 3: the orange dot is Venus and Saturn is at the edge of the screen.

So you can see that Mercury, Venus and Saturn form some sort of straight-ish line when viewed from Cairo, so I'm inclined to believe that Dave is right the globs of light above the pyramids are planets.

Edit: Panel 4: Bit later in the day, viewed from Australia, more clearly shows Mercury, Venus and Saturn alignment

Heh' date=' I just ran across that exact episode of Ancient Aliens the other day while flipping channels. See how all these ancient structures sort of line up in groups of three that make a line that generally points to, eventually, something of significance! Please ignore the fact that sometimes we flip Orion and sometimes we don't, and that the rest of the constellation apparently doesn't matter...[/quote']