Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Most unexpected captcha code ever.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43701[/ATTACH]

I can't imagine that it was an accident.

It would be highly appropriate on a Yahoo! page. ;)

My guess is that it's the second part of a captcha, which are often from books that are being scanned. When the scanner software hits a word that it doesn't recognize, it can send it to the captcha service for humans to verify. A variant of this process is the way some bots bypass captchas by sending the image to real live humans to solve.

JoeG

Last night we had an all night get-together at Montauk to have a beach bonfire and watch the dawn.

Some more elegant weapons, surrounding the fire pit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43712[/ATTACH]

The pre-dawn show

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43713[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43714[/ATTACH]

And dawn's earliest light

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43715[/ATTACH]

My Asus tablet also has a 180 degree panorama feature, which I need more practice with. Here are panorama shots of the shoreline and of inland-to-shore.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43717[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]43718[/ATTACH]

This is a panoramic shot I took several years ago. I wedged myself on a very narrow balcony on the 17th floor of one of the towers in Wellington, NZ. This is a shot looking out toward the harbor, taken with a Canon Digital ELPH with stitch assist, and then assembled using Autostitch, and then cropped slightly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43722[/ATTACH]

JoeG

This is a panoramic shot I took several years ago. I wedged myself on a very narrow balcony on the 17th floor of one of the towers in Wellington' date=' NZ. This is a shot looking out toward the harbor, taken with a Canon Digital ELPH with stitch assist, and then assembled using Autostitch, and then cropped slightly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43722[/ATTACH]

JoeG

Nice! :thumbup:

Seeing this pictures reminds me that I should probably ask here if anyone has a good angled view of a city from above. I've gone to SF a few times to try to get a pic, but it is usually on the weekend, and I never manage to be able to find a good spot. I want to put together a tutorial on how to make proper tilt-shift photos using Photoshop without using a tilt-shift lens. The standard method of using a gradient just doesn't match the tilt-shift lens effect well enough. There is a better way using a depth of field approach. I made a tutorial a while ago, but the picture I used wasn't creative commons, so I couldn't publish it like I wanted to.

If anyone has such a picture, or pictures, that I could freely use, I would be happy to give you credit for the pic. You can send it to me, or post it here, whichever you prefer. Ternaugh's picture is in the right vein of what I'm looking for, but I need one that is angled down a bit more to really capture the depth, and to have something interest to focus on, literally.

Seeing this pictures reminds me that I should probably ask here if anyone has a good angled view of a city from above. I've gone to SF a few times to try to get a pic, but it is usually on the weekend, and I never manage to be able to find a good spot. I want to put together a tutorial on how to make proper tilt-shift photos using Photoshop without using a tilt-shift lens. The standard method of using a gradient just doesn't match the tilt-shift lens effect well enough. There is a better way using a depth of field approach. I made a tutorial a while ago, but the picture I used wasn't creative commons, so I couldn't publish it like I wanted to.

If anyone has such a picture, or pictures, that I could freely use, I would be happy to give you credit for the pic. You can send it to me, or post it here, whichever you prefer. Ternaugh's picture is in the right vein of what I'm looking for, but I need one that is angled down a bit more to really capture the depth, and to have something interest to focus on, literally.

I might have a few images from that shoot that could work. There is one image from the right hand side that shows the top of a church, and a few that show streets. I'll check when I get home tonight.

I might have a few images from that shoot that could work. There is one image from the right hand side that shows the top of a church' date=' and a few that show streets. I'll check when I get home tonight.[/quote']

That would awesome, Ternaugh! Thanks!