• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I think that is supposed to be part of the "charm". I wish there was a way to view the full image in its entirety.

Oh, and I found a Minecraft reference - with a Creeper. :D

Yeah, I know that's the point, but I had to give up after a while. Never saw the creeper, and I know I missed a lot. I hope he puts up a full picture later, but since it seems to be hundreds of tiles, it may never happen.

Yeah' date=' I know that's the point, but I had to give up after a while. Never saw the creeper, and I know I missed a lot. I hope he puts up a full picture later, but since it seems to be hundreds of tiles, it may never happen.[/quote']

He didn't, but someone else has: http://xkcd-map.rent-a-geek.de/

28672px x 51200px

Ridiculously awesome.

It's not actually that large however. Most of the individual pictures are "blank" and don't load. This saves disc storage and bandwidth. The script on the page just fills in the image with all black or all white, depending on whether your "north" or "south" of the ground level.

"And here we have the Seizure Duck, so named due to the defensive coloration inducing seizures in any predator that gets too close."

ZCVcr.jpg

He's fit right in in this BESM supplement.

(The book was involved in a minor controversy when some retailers refused to carry it because of the title containing a word they found offensive. Guardians of Order ended up issuing another edition with a different title simultaneously - with exactly the same interior content. They made fun of their predicament in one of their magazine advertisements promoting the book, which turned out to be one of their better sellers.)