• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Damn.

This art is neat, but the story behind it is incredible. First, look at the pictures.

mandala_by_francis001-d5pprdj.jpg

adapt__survive__prevail__by_francis001-d5s26wc.png

winged_by_francis001-d5ptukj.png

totem_by_francis001-d5pppia.jpg

What makes this so special? In the artist's own words...

As some of you know, I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) back in 2010. This is a fatal degenerative nerve disease with no known cause or cure. It affects people in different ways but typically ends in total paralysis and death due to respiratory failure, unless you undergo some invasive body modification procedures to help prevent that. Being an illustrator/concept artist, naturally it took my arms and hands first. I haven't held a pencil since early 2011. Bummer, but I discovered I could use an iPhone with my toes. I figured out how to use the Brushes app and made a handful of paintings. My toes have since lost the dexterity for that, so I've started using eye-gaze controlled technology to type and hopefully paint.

The pictures you're seeing here were drawn by Francis using only his eyeballs. Using Tobii's "eye-gazing" technology, plugged into drawing programs Sketchup and GIMP, Tsai has been able to create these four images using nothing but the motion of his eyeballs.

His dA site, with a store to raise money, is here: http://francis001.deviantart.com/

Re: "Neat" Pictures

spoilered for animation

ZJPxIpq.gif

The alacrity with which the cubs climb out ... The first one is up before the pickup is out of the frame ... Suggests this is a rather common occurrence. I am reminded of the stories from tuna-boat divers. When they first had divers go into the nets to help the dolphins out, the dolphins were panicked. Now when the dolphins find themselves in a net, it's like they stand around waiting for the #£%*!! diver to get his lazy *** over here and do his job.