• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I don't know' date=' but probably not in the U.S. Too big a chance a visitor could pinch a hand between the knot on the rope and the little porthole the rope runs through. No zoo around here would accept that sort of liability...[/quote']

Take a closer look at the picture. It shows 2 fences with a zoo keeper between manning the rope between 2 separate openings.

Take a closer look at the picture. It shows 2 fences with a zoo keeper between manning the rope between 2 separate openings.

Yes, I can see that. Even with an employee there to tell people not to grab the rope between the knot and the metal porthole, I still doubt US zoos would go for it.

Where is this place?! I must know!

I don't know' date=' but probably not in the U.S. Too big a chance a visitor could pinch a hand between the knot on the rope and the little porthole the rope runs through. No zoo around here would accept that sort of liability...[/quote']

Google Image Search says Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, Florida

As a friend of mine calls these, "clown dice."

These open up some interesting gaming possibilities.

"I rolled a critical hit on blue, with red damage of 5!"

"Polyhedral Twister says right hand, green 13."

How can I get some?

I7Wmm9k.jpg

Artist's conception of a terraformed Mars.

This portrayal is approximately centered on the prime meridian, 30 degrees north latitude. The hypothesized oceans are depicted with sea level at approximately two kilometers below average surface elevation. The ocean submerges what are now Vastitas Borealis, Acidalia Planitia, Chryse Planitia, and Xanthe Terra; the visible landmasses are Tempe Terra at left, Aonia Terra at bottom, Terra Meridiani at lower right, and Arabia Terra at upper right. Rivers that feed the ocean at lower right occupy what are now Valles Marineris and Ares Vallis, while the large lake at lower right occupies what is now Aram Chaos.

http://marsartists.blogspot.com/2012/08/daein-ballard-terraformed-mars-with.html

I7Wmm9k.jpg

Artist's conception of a terraformed Mars.

This portrayal is approximately centered on the prime meridian, 30 degrees north latitude. The hypothesized oceans are depicted with sea level at approximately two kilometers below average surface elevation. The ocean submerges what are now Vastitas Borealis, Acidalia Planitia, Chryse Planitia, and Xanthe Terra; the visible landmasses are Tempe Terra at left, Aonia Terra at bottom, Terra Meridiani at lower right, and Arabia Terra at upper right. Rivers that feed the ocean at lower right occupy what are now Valles Marineris and Ares Vallis, while the large lake at lower right occupies what is now Aram Chaos.

http://marsartists.blogspot.com/2012/08/daein-ballard-terraformed-mars-with.html

I think if I knew a world like that was out there, this one wouldn't feel so small and lonely. :)