• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

The three skilled combatants followed classic Fantasy Hero tactics against massed enemies--half move back and hold action, half move back and hold action.  It worked pretty well mainly because the unskilled combatants were playing to lose.  They kept holding back while their comrades engaged their foes in one-on-one combat, completely negating their numerical advantage. 

Now that I think about it, I'd have been really nervous if I had been one of the champs.  The martial artists I know comment that sparring with a white belt is more dangerous than sparring with a black belt, because the white belt doesn't know how to spar safely. I suppose it depends on what was meant by "amateur".  Guys off the street who had never fenced before?  College kids with one semester of fencing?

As for the "one at a time" mook strategy, I think that was reinforced by the balloons.  There was only one, in the front, and it was hard to get to any way but one at a time.  Had they gone for an extra balloon in the back, we might have seen more flanking actions.

Also, stupid spell check doesn't recognize mook as a word. That's just silly.