• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

I never had that kit, but I do use a brush. I'll never go back to using shaving creme from a can. I can't. I won't.

Same here. :)

Same thing goes for disposable razors. Back in March, I bought a safety razor and a pack of 100 blades. I don't have to spend any more cash on shaving supplies for a year.

Same here. :)

Same thing goes for disposable razors. Back in March, I bought a safety razor and a pack of 100 blades. I don't have to spend any more cash on shaving supplies for a year.

I think I've been using the same disposable razor for about a year.  Once in a while I'll use shaving cream if I can remember to buy some.

I use a Braun electric razor. Cutting block and foil gets replaced about every 18 months or so, cleaning solution about every 2-3 months. I have some really old shaving gel and some Mach 5 razors that Gillette attached to club packs of anti-antiperspirant several years back, but those only see action when I've gone too long to get neat with my beard trimmer and electric razor.

When I was writing a western recently, I asked my wife if I would look good with a mustache.

(Complete look of utter horror) S: Um, what kind?

M: No. I'm thinking one of those horseshoes. (traced it with my fingers)

S: Let me just say this. You can do with your face what you want. Just ask yourself if I'll want to wade through all that bristle to kiss you.

Picture purely for reference of a horseshoe mustache. This has the proper stretch down the sides to the jawline, but I wouldn't let the individual hairs be this long Plus, it's Sam Elliot. He could out cowboy John Wayne.

sam-elliot.jpg

I had the opposite ultimatum given to me. My beard is sparse but very coarse, and I was told (shortly after getting together with the woman who became my wife) the whisker burn was really nasty by the time I got home after work, so I was given three options: shave twice a day, grow the beard out, or not kiss her. Option 2 won big. I do the edge maintnance with a disposable razor.