• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

When I was writing a western recently, I asked my wife if I would look good with a mustache.

(Complete look of utter horror) S: Um, what kind?

M: No. I'm thinking one of those horseshoes. (traced it with my fingers)

S: Let me just say this. You can do with your face what you want. Just ask yourself if I'll want to wade through all that bristle to kiss you.

Picture purely for reference of a horseshoe mustache. This has the proper stretch down the sides to the jawline, but I wouldn't let the individual hairs be this long Plus, it's Sam Elliot. He could out cowboy John Wayne.

sam-elliot.jpg

That's more of a walrus mustache, with the corners grown long (kind of like Jamie Hyneman's from Mythbusters). With some work, that could probably be styled into a handlebar, though to get the classic handlebar shape, the middle hairs need to be longer* so that they can sweep to the side. Horseshoe mustaches usually are connected most or all the way to the chin, like this:

330px-Hulk_Hogan.jpg

*I've trained the hair to sweep to the side, and use a little bit of wax underneath to reinforce it. Otherwise, I'm chewing on mustache all of the time, which is not pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the lady Minions were annoying.  Not that they were female (kind of a miss for the movie to have none, really.  They can't have just been androgynous potato people. One of them hit on a fire hydrant)

It was just annoying because they were made "sexy", instead of pill-shaped with irregular numbers of eyes.

But most of those genderbends were fun. The Harry Potter ones were posted here before, I think.

I read somewhere that the Minions from Despicable Me are genetically-engineered kernels of corn. I don't know if that's true, but I read it.

Given the new Minions movie posits their existence millions of years before humans and genetic engineering, I don't believe this to (still) be the case.

Chris.