• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Our McDs did the last time I ate there, but that was more than a decade ago.

They have a tendency to not do very well up here -- I think it's rather unusual for McDonal'ds restaurants to actually fail, but every time they've tried opening a franchise here they've folded. There's a drive-thru place in the next town over, but I think that's mainly to mess a bit with the more popular chain that's headquartered there.

50 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Our McDs did the last time I ate there, but that was more than a decade ago.

They have a tendency to not do very well up here -- I think it's rather unusual for McDonal'ds restaurants to actually fail, but every time they've tried opening a franchise here they've folded. There's a drive-thru place in the next town over, but I think that's mainly to mess a bit with the more popular chain that's headquartered there.

US McDonald's swapped the deep fried apple pie for a "healthier" baked pie, which not only lacks flavor, but also frequently has the texture of a damp NutriGrain bar.

I'm less likely to eat at McDonald's here, as they've been trying to manage headcount at most newly-remodeled locations by forcing ordering via app or kiosk when in the restaurant. I'd rather give In-N-Out the money, as the food's generally better, the people are friendlier, and the price is reasonable for what you get.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Never read anything by Sara Douglass, but I've heard good things.

I aspire to have a Luis Royo work on the cover of one of my novels one day, but I'd have to write a novel first.

The reason I came across this picture is because a Youtube user that played through the PC RPG "Baldur's Gate 2" with a single character chose the above lady's face as that character's portrait. Said Youtuber mentioned the artist's name; shortly thereafter, I was on a Google Image search hunt. That said, I became familiar with other work by the same artist many years ago.

(I can sympathize with the desire to write a novel, by the way. There's an idea that I've worked on but not put any sufficient effort into realizing.)