• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Well, the water looks fairly shallow, so they won't be sneaking up on the crane from below. And wings are just the thing for a quick escape.

I've noticed that the only animals who ever really seem to relax are apex predators, or just too big and tough to be preyed on. Everything else is constantly on the lookout for danger, unless they're in a herd or flock where the vigilance is shared. So you just have to take a stand where you can, and take your chances.

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Well, the water looks fairly shallow, so they won't be sneaking up on the crane from below. And wings are just the thing for a quick escape.

I've noticed that the only animals who ever really seem to relax are apex predators, or just too big and tough to be preyed on. Everything else is constantly on the lookout for danger, unless they're in a herd or flock where the vigilance is shared. So you just have to take a stand where you can, and take your chances.

We live in the mountains in northern california, and well known there is not only deer, but a couple bears in the area (as seen on our gravel road and in front of our in-laws house) and a mountain lion. So when our dog has to go out at night and you hear crunching around in the forest, I have said that something is out there that at night does not care if it makes noise and I do not want to meet it, even if it is the deer.

5 hours ago, pinecone said:

This looks very familiar to me...is this located in Spain or Portugal?

According to a Google image search, it's Neptune's Fountain in Arboretum Trsteno in Croatia, and the area was used as a location during seasons 3 an 4 of Game of Thrones.