Full Metal Alchemist

Super Squirrel

Re: Full Metal Alchemist

Auto-Form Gatling Arm 2d6+1 RKA, Autofire (x8 shots; +1) (Active Cost: 70 points); Must Fire Either 4 or 8 Shots a Time (-1/4), OIF (Difficult to Obtain New Focus; -3/4), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Concentration (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/2), Charges(64 Charges; Reloading Charges Takes 20 Minutes; -3/4). Total Cost: 17 points.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard Gatling Gun: 2d6+1 RKA, Autofire (x8 shots; +1) Active Cost(70); Charges(64 Charges, Reloading Charges Takes 20 Minutes; -3/4), Must Fire Either 4 or 8 Shots a Time (-1/4), OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Concentration (-1/4), Restrainable (-1/2), Side Effect (Half DEX Until First Phase After Power is Used, Always; -1/2), STR Minimum (15; -3/4), Two-Handed Weapon (-1/2). Total Cost: 11 points

Vest Strapped Gatling Gun: 2d6+1 RKA, Autofire (x8 shots; +1) (70 Active Points); Must Fire Either 4 or 8 Shots a Time (-1/4), OIF Bulky (-1), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Concentration (-1/4), STR Minimum (12; -1/2), Two-Handed Weapon (-1/2), Charges(64 Charges, Reloading Charges Takes 20 Minutes; -3/4). Total Cost: 15 points.

Train Mounted Gatling Gun: 2d6+1 RKA, Autofire (x8 shots; +1) (Active Cost: 70 points); Must Fire Either 4 or 8 Shots a Time (-1/4), OIF Immobile (-1 1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), Concentration (-1/4), Two-Handed Weapon (-1/2), Charges(64 Charges, Reloading Charges Takes 5 Minutes; -1/2). Total Cost: 16 points.

After much thought about this, the Alchemist Power can't be completely covered by a Transform. I'm currently considering whether to use a VPP or a Multipower would better cover things. I believe that a Multipower would be cheaper overall because the limitations that apply to all powers will lower the Multipower cost where as a VPP it only affects the Control Cost and not the Pool Cost.

I did design some Alchemy Power Tricks today but I'll probably post them at the same time I do write-ups for revolvers as they are all revolver related power tricks.

Military Issue Revolvers (MIRs):

Bona 37 MIR: 1d6+1 RKA (Active Cost: 20 points); OAF (-1), STR Min (10; -1/2), STR Minimum Cannot Add/Subtract Damage (-1/2), Beam (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 6 Charges (Reloading Charges Takes 2 Full Phases; -1), Side Effect (-1 Range Modifer; -1/2) (total cost: 4) plus +1 OCV (Active Cost: 5 points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (total cost: 2). Final Cost: 6 points.

The Bona 37 is the training weapon and standard issue weapon for all military officials offering a decent balance for a firearm.

Bona 39 MIR: 1 1/2d6 RKA (Active Cost: 25 points); OAF (-1), STR Min (12; -1/2), STR Minimum Cannot Add/Subtract Damage (-1/2), Beam (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 6 Charges (Reloading Charges Takes 2 Full Phases; -1), Side Effect (-2 Range Modifer; -1/2) (total cost: 5) plus +1 OCV (Active Cost: 5 points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (total cost: 2). Final Cost: 7 points.

More powerful than its Bona 39 MIR cousin, this Revolver loses a bit of accuracy with the extra power.

Corinium 23a MIR: 1d6+1 RKA (Active Cost: 20 points); OAF (-1), STR Min (12; -1/2), STR Minimum Cannot Add/Subtract Damage (-1/2), Beam (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 4 Charges (Reloading Charges Takes 2 Full Phases; -1 1/4), (total cost: 4) plus +2 OCV (Active Cost: 10 points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (total cost: 4) plus +2 PSL with Ranged Penalty (Active Cost: 3 points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4) (total cost: 1). Final Cost: 9 points.

A favorite choice of officers, the Corinium 23a offers superior accuracy but fewer shots than other military issued revolvers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I haven't touched this in a while. I'm still thinking about it. I have a Valdorian Campaign starting up so once I'm into the swing of things with that, I'll start doing some more design. I've also seen two more volumes since I last posted meaning I understand much more about the system.

Commissioned Officers

15 pt General of the Army (Fuhrer)

10 pt General

9 pt Lieutenant General

8 pt Major General

7 pt Brigadier General

6 pt Colonel

5 pt Lt. Colonel

4 pt *Major

3 pt Captain

2 pt First Lieutenant

1 pt Second Lieutenant

* All State Alchemists Begin at Major Rank

Enlisted Officers

2 pt Sergeant

1 pt Warrant Officer

Oh, a note on "human transmutation" - the term seems to get used in the sense of 'necromancy'. The big taboo (which never works and just causes horrible fallout for everyone involved) is really trying to ressurect the dead.

Healing (which technically also transmuting a human) is just fine.

Augmenting a human is not OK, although the negative side effects tend to be more focused on the poor schlub being transmuted.

Although there are some examples of augmenting humans in the series.

With out giving anything away, it comes out later that Scar has his brothers right arm. This enables Scar to do alchemy, and wreak his vengence for his brother's death. There's one other example of this at least later on (big spoiler, I won't mention it. Anyone else keeping up on the latest on Saturday nights?).

You've got a good point about the healing. I hadn't thought about that. I think it either requires a philosopher's stone, or herbs. And the herb version may only be a temporary fix. (Or the herbs are being transmuted into medicine?) Are there any healing incidents from the anime I forgot about?

I've pretty much decided to slow down work on this until I've seen all of or most of the series.

I've read four volumes of the Manga, seen 12 episodes of the first season and seen 3 episodes on Adult Swim including the most recent.

I'm pretty sure I know how to handle Alfonse and other Soul Bound characters.

For Alchemy, I'm pretty sure an Elemental Control is best. Most Alchemists focus on one or two types of alchemy at most. Transmutation is completely Transform. Animation is "summon". And so on...

Oh, and I decided to name the custom disadvantage mentioned before: Equivalent Exchange.

10 Equivalent Exchange: Gifted Alchemist sacrifices 1 XP per game to repay off starting debt.

20 Equivalent Exchange: Gifted Alchemist sacrifices 2 XP per game to repay off starting debt.

30 Equivalent Exchange: Gifted Alchemist sacrifices 3 XP per game to repay off starting debt.

Although there are some examples of augmenting humans in the series.

True. I worded that poorly. Bringing back the dead is impossible. Augmenting humans is just really, really frowned upon.

With out giving anything away' date=' it comes out later that Scar has his brothers right arm. This enables Scar to do alchemy, and wreak his vengence for his brother's death. There's one other example of this at least later on (big spoiler, I won't mention it. Anyone else keeping up on the latest on Saturday nights?).[/quote']

I've been downloading it, since Cartoon Network keeps shuffling their schedules around and I got tired of having to obsess over their schedule to keep from missing the shows I want to see. Actually eps 31-51 that I have (I'm on 42) are the japaense fansubs, which is fun.

You've got a good point about the healing. I hadn't thought about that. I think it either requires a philosopher's stone' date=' or herbs. And the herb version may only be a temporary fix. (Or the herbs are being transmuted into medicine?) Are there any healing incidents from the anime I forgot about?[/quote']

Yes. We see Ed and Al's teacher heal a wounded child. I tend to read that human healing is just very very hard, so you either need to be expectionally talented or have a boost from a stone.

• 2 weeks later...