The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

The end of the Masters golf was a real surprise. A British player has a real great round ending up five under par. And the leader Jordon Speith has a nightmare round. Bogie on two consecutive holes and then seven on a par three. He could still have pulled back into contention but it was just not his day.

The British player I had not heard of at all and he was not even supposed to be at the tournament because his wife was expecting. But his wife had the baby (which was actually due on the last day of the Masters) and he registered to play. He was just not in contention until the final day. And out of nowhere, voila.

• 2 weeks later...

The Queen becomes the first reigning British monarch to reach the age of 90.

You know we all assume she's undead at this point, right?

So over the last 120 years, a majority of the time it's been either Victoria or Elizabeth II on the throne.

When are they changing the name to "United Queendom"?

I remember seeing the [british] Berlin Brigade's observance of the Queen's Birthday in person on-site in Berlin back in 1964. We have nothing over here close to it. The only remotely comparable event I've seen is when they untie USS Constitution and push her around Boston Harbor on the 4th of July, which is quite something as well, but not the same impact.

Gravy on chips (French Fries) is an abomination. But as today is mother's birthday I got chips with gravy at lunch as she likes it. She had three bunches of flowers, books, chocolates and lots of cards.

White, cream gravy? I like that with fries! Now, chicken or beef gravy? Ug.

• 2 weeks later...

Up at 5:30 and caught the 7:47 train to Reading. Arrived minutes before the crowd coming from London. Played Ploy, D+D 5th edition when we finally found the dwarf we have been searching for after about a year and a half (well once every 3 months), Chez Gueverra, Apples to Apples (which i won) and Judge Dredd. Back to the station just after 6:30. Had Kentucky Fried Chicken for the first time this year. Got 19:32 train and back in Plymouth for 22:42. Finished Veiled by Benedict Jacks on way up and back.

Highly enjoyable day.