The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

No love for Hank the Cowdog? There's something terribly wrong with you.

Not so much "no love" as just "no knowledge". I had never heard the name/title until your post.

:jawdrop: Wha?

I'm with aylwin13. Then again, there's lots of things I haven't heard of.

So, the "grasshopper" that one of my cats was trying to catch by her litter box turned out to be a really tiny gecko. I think that it may be a very young western banded gecko hatchling, and it was just a little over an inch and a quarter long. The way it jumped into the plastic cup made me think that it knew that it was being carried to safety, and it's now residing somewhere in the bushes near my front lawn. I didn't get any pictures, mainly because I didn't want to stress it out any more than it was (I believe that it dropped part of its tail during the encounter with the cat).

Now, the only strange thing is that this is in the center of the house, away from windows and doors, and is the second time that I've found one there (one was found there last year, also a juvenile). It's possible that they're coming in through the bathroom vent, I guess, but the species isn't known for being a climber.

Ladies at my local coffee shop kept telling me to ask out one of their coworkers. I smile and nods and say thanks, but I am too old for her. We had a nice casual friendship and enjoyed eachothers company.

Then one day over coffee she asked me out. I smiled and nodded. When I tried to explain our age difference she carded me. I have never been so flattered by a women until she looked at my ID ALand discovered I was 20 years older than her.

She blushed and apologised and I let her off easily. Just before I left that day I stopped and asked her if her mother was single.

Not waiting for the answer.. I could hear the echoes of her coworkers laughter and smiled.

The next day I was given s free coffee by one of the other staff. And a buisness card with her name and number on it. A little perplexed I asked what was up? She smiled at me and said her Mom was single.

Spent the rest of the day trying to figure out if it was a joke. Never did call the number.