The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Had about 50 kids trick or treating on Halloween, and the Hot Wheels cars* (and full-size candy bars) were a big hit. Had one person dressed as a mime, and she used ASL to thank me, which was extremely cool.

*I buy them on sale throughout the year, usually in batches of about 10 or so. They don't expire, so any leftover cars become ones to be given out the next year.

My mother got treated well by bus drivers, railway personnel, the hotel staff and shop staff while we were away in London.

I got quite a few bits of booze for Christmas and beyond. I got Christmas presents for people. And I got Penguin socks for my mother. She managed to forget to bring up more than one pair so that was good. We forgot tea bags and got a Sainsbury's Own brand which was good.

Saw relations in Kent and gave them treats.

The glorious thing about First class travel on the train ? Free coffee/tea 3-4 times on a 3 hour plus trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made shelves for the pantry and though I had a couple issues with the initial cutting, it worked in the end.  First shelf was more a measure once, cut six times and sand to fit...  Second one worked on first try.

Will work on the screen door a bit more tomorrow.  Just have to attach the hinges and hang it, but I traditionally have issues doing that. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...