The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

On 11/14/2019 at 9:54 AM, tkdguy said:

Search for the "Scott Brown Incident" on YouTube. It was a game session, but it was the reverse of your tale.

I would link it, but the video has some profanity, notably the f-bomb. Still, it's worth watching.

That was fun.

Mum is home. Had to take the physio nurses through the house to show that she could manage but she is home. They are insisting that she has another walking stick and that we get another handle in the shower but they left satisfied that she could get around.

• 2 weeks later...

Mum had a trip out shopping and experienced using the disabled trolley in two shops. This clipped nicely onto the wheelchair which Mum needs for prolonged periods if outdoors. Managed to get the Christmas goose and a number of other minor items. Also got sherry and spirits needed for Christmas

I have a playlist document in which I have recorded music that I like (singles with accompanying videoes for the most part). I don't play everything in alphabetical order or all the tracks all the time. For the first time in a while I played Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. It is one of a number of cheer you up tunes. And I recall that Ed trained to do the dance with the woman in the video. It still makes me smile  

My mother has a friend she takes shopping once a week which of course has been suspended because of the hospital stay. Said friend has a fancy man who does some artwork and mum has given him some of the old art supplies like art paper that we still had. So he gave Mum a painting he did of an owl which is one of the things Mum likes. It won't set the art world alight but it is a nice thing

Have received a number of deliveries in the post. One was more Stoma bag kit which will mean we are ok until the new year but the good one was a hamper delivered from within the UK but sent by friends in the US. Smoked salmon, a bottle of prosecco, a bottle or port, tea, coffee, various jams and chocolate. My mother and I will not starve going into the New Year. 

Just watched a video of The Stranglers doing 'No More Heroes' on Dutch TV. There are several examples of The Stranglers not doing things seriously when on shows when they are required to mime. on one of the Top of the Pops shows while the record plays Jean Jacques Burnel the bassist is trying to clear the dry ice smoke. Well the Dutch TV is worse the keyboard player and the drummer are playing the guitars while the guitarist are playing keyboards and drums. It is painfully obvious that they are not doing this seriously. I have a soft spot for the band. They were part of the New Wave/Punk movement coming up as The Banshees, The Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Damned and Blondie came out of the same era. They were also the first band I ever saw live. The support was not good (a ventriloquist I kid you not) but they were good. It brought a smile to my face when I saw the video.

• 1 month later...

For the first time in over a year saw friends in Reading. I left in darkness and returned in darkness getting up at 5:00 am and catching a 6:52 am train to Reading arriving in 9:42.

Played Dredd and started off well but ended up last. It was still enjoyable. Played Pandemic at introductory level and won. Apples to Apples ended in a contest between three people to win. Cthulhu Fluxx came to a sudden end but was fun. Had two goes at Cartagena winning the first and just lost the second. Left to catch the 7:28 pm train and managed to get KFC three piece meal for dinner.

It was good to see the gang. One of whom has cancer and was the main reason we had not met all of last year, my mother's cancer and burst bowel was the other main reason.