The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While driving my daughter to work yesterday, at a major intersection in northern Seattle, we got overflown by a bald eagle.  Who was being harassed by at least one crow and yelled at by seagulls.  He was only some 30-40 feet up.

On 24 March 2020 at 2:13 AM, death tribble said:

Recommended Retail Price of books £50.99. I paid £13, roughly one quarter. One is a Beatles biography (early days), one is by David Attenborough and the third is about the Roman Empire by historian Mary Beard.

What is the title of the Roman Empire book by Mary Beard?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Passed through level 600 in Candy Crush Soda thanks to the new racing system, i.e. first three through an episode of a group get bonuses/boosters and most levels completed in a week for a group gets boosters.

Also through level 500 in Papa Pear which was closing in on Soda until the new system became operative. This was in the last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my official re-up letter from the Provost today.  (I am not tenured faculty, so these annual confirmation letters matter.)  So I am to be gainfully employed for another year.  So I promptly made a couple of charity donations (first of several that'll get farmed out over the next few months) I had been holding off on making ... just to be as sure as I could be I'd have it to give.