Sectional Body Armor

Rhino

I am preparing to start a Dark Champions game and want to use sectional body armor. The Dark Champions book references the Activation roll, but does not reference the specific locations covered.

The main rulebook references specific locations covered associated with certain Activation rolls. 11- equates to a helmet without a face plate and a vest that does not cover the shoulders. 14- equates to a helmet with a face plate, jacket with sleeves (but no gloves), pants and armored boots (that somehow leave part of the leg exposed). Am I reading this right?

Does anyone have a listing of sectional Dark Champions body armor by pieces with the locations covered and the mass of each piece, like was done for sectional armor in FH?

Thanks.

Re: Sectional Body Armor

This is not exactly what you are looking for but perhaps it will be of some help. The attached Word document is an excerpt of the Equipment List used in my Dark Champions game, specifically it is the armor section. I have tried to model a wide variety of modern body armor and write it up in Hero terms. If anything I may have made some of the PD and ED a little weak but some of the modern armors are hard to defeat with normal small arms. I have sectionalized a lot of the armor and that may be the part that may be of interest to you. Most, but not all, of this armor is based on what is actually available in the real world.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention is that the real cost of the armor on this list is doubled. In our games we have found that armor is awfully cheap compared to the cost of some of the firearms (due to house rules). I have found that doubling the cost of armor keeps the balance a little better.

Re: Sectional Body Armor

I am preparing to start a Dark Champions game and want to use sectional body armor. The Dark Champions book references the Activation roll, but does not reference the specific locations covered.

The main rulebook references specific locations covered associated with certain Activation rolls. 11- equates to a helmet without a face plate and a vest that does not cover the shoulders. 14- equates to a helmet with a face plate, jacket with sleeves (but no gloves), pants and armored boots (that somehow leave part of the leg exposed). Am I reading this right?

Does anyone have a listing of sectional Dark Champions body armor by pieces with the locations covered and the mass of each piece, like was done for sectional armor in FH?

Thanks.

I found it much easier ( to use Hit - Locations ) and use Sectional Armour Exactly like in Fantasy Hero.

'Build' the Armour with 'Reduced Mass' if you are 'statting' it out.

Work out the Mass of 'a full coverage Ninja Magical Kevlar? Nightsuit'

Then use the 'Fractional' mass listed in Fantasy Hero to give you the Mass of each piece.

You might Decide that a total coverage suit weighs 10 Kg and this easily gives you the weight of 'Shin Pads'.

Whether or not you then use 'Hit Locations' it is easy to say :

" This Helmet has a 3 DEF FaceGuard ( Locn 3 ) and 5 DEF Head and Neck Cover ( Locn 4 , 5 ) and weighs X"

Otherwise I found the vagaries of "where exactly my armour covers" a bit too much to deal with.

See Fantasy Hero Pg 192 For the "Hit Location Sectional Armor Weight Table"

Multiply those Numbers by your 'mass fraction' ( ie so that a full suit weighs 10 kg or whatever )

Couple this sort of thing with the "Armor Coverage Table" on pg 488 HS5ER

And its easy to work out a 'Bullet proof vest' for instance.

It makes it much easier to stop PCs from being walking tanks with vaguely defined armour activation, and allows Snipers to shoot Kneecaps out ........