Help me flesh this out...

nytflyr

Wanted Dead or Alive

You are a mutant. You weren’t born this way; you are a victim of a government manufactured virus that attacked your DNA. The CDC reported that over 250,000 people died from this virus, you were one of the “lucky†ones. Unfortunately the population at large fears you.

The church, under the direction of Cardinal Sin, has declared you an abomination and that you must be destroyed and they will use any holy relic in their possession to complete this task.

The Governments of the world want you in their arsenal at any cost, if they cant have you alive, they will gladly take you dead so the can dissect you and find out what makes you tick.

Bounty hunters are looking to reap the benefits of bounties placed upon your head by both the church and the federal government.

The best you can do is lure the public onto your side which is difficult because of the actions of other like you.

Re: Help me flesh this out...

Flesh it out in what fashion? Sounds like something angsty and vampire-related.

I see two obvious routes for players of these 'mutants':

(1) Release the virus into the population, either en masse or selectively (e.g. captains of industry, media barons et al).

(2) Start your own cult in an attempt to recruit more like yourself. Offer cultists the chance to become a mutant.

I also don't see the Catholic Church as being relevant in any way whatsoever, certainly not in continental USA or the UK. Governments are more of an issue but they can be corrupted given sufficient power / money / leverage.

I can see the birth of an early "Magneto-like" persona, like from the early X-Men comics and the movies. Someone who adopts the "Us versus Them" mentality to all of his motives. I can also see the same sort of thing like Magneto in the first X-Men movie. Finding a way to create more like himself, and force the governments to change their ways of thinking...because they are now exactly like him. He never asked for his abilities...but now they will have to live with them the same way he had to learn.

"There are battlelines being drawn Charles...are you sure that your on the right side?" --Magneto (X-Men 1)

This sounds sort of similar to the Wildcards world. Not only do you have the manufactured virus affecting a large population, you also have differing opinions on what the virus means.

Some hail those with the virus as favored (especially if they are Ace's, Supers with no distinctive looks)

Other people/religions look as those with powers as accursed (especially if they are Jokers, those frequently with grotesque appearances)

The Jokers have their own church, which they call Jesus Christ, Joker where Jesus is depicted as a Joker.

I recommend getting the novels as they do a good job of setting up the ramifications of such a super world. Also a GURPS supplement was published a while back, but that might be harder to find.

This sounds sort of similar to the Wildcards world. Not only do you have the manufactured virus affecting a large population, you also have differing opinions on what the virus means.

Some hail those with the virus as favored (especially if they are Ace's, Supers with no distinctive looks)

Other people/religions look as those with powers as accursed (especially if they are Jokers, those frequently with grotesque appearances)

The Jokers have their own church, which they call Jesus Christ, Joker where Jesus is depicted as a Joker.

I recommend getting the novels as they do a good job of setting up the ramifications of such a super world. Also a GURPS supplement was published a while back, but that might be harder to find.

Hey ahduval, who wrote the novels? I'm looking for reading material. Is it the series by George R. R. Martin?

The best you can do is lure the public onto your side which is difficult because of the actions of other like you.

I can think of countless examples from various fictional sources as to what people might do in the situation. For some reason I’m stuck on what players might do in the scenario.

- You have mutants that work for the government, accepting it as their calling

- Mutants would work for good on their own, without the desire for winning over the public. Batman, or for some reason The Crow comes to mind.

- Some of course would be bad, and with the public and church against them they have a good excuse.

- Also some mutants would work for the church, a sub-organization or one denomination something along the lines of characters in the anime Hellsing.

- A mutant bountyhunter, what better way of catching mutants.

Perhaps more later as I mull is over.