Is there going to be a 5th edition version of Justice Inc.? Pulp Heroes maybe?

championsguru

Steve Long has said repeatedly that he is also a big fan of pulp-era gaming, and very much wants to write the 5E Pulp HERO genre book - he's been collecting research material on it for years. IIRC from remarks posted by Steve and Darren Watts, Pulp HERO will probably be the next major genre book after the relaunch of Dark Champions. I'm afraid that won't be before 2005 at the earliest, though; the publication schedule for the rest of this year and all of 2004 is booked solid. :(

Unfortunately, in real life, the Big GM controls all one's XP expenditures.

For example, I've probably spent at least 10 points on KSs and PSs related to practicing law. The whole point of doing that was to earn money. Left to myself, I'd've just spent the 10 points on a Money Perk and saved myself the time and effort. Unfortunately, I ain't allowed to do that...

...or else I definitely would spend points to buy Diminished Sleep. Time's the most valuable thing anywhere; it's the one thing you can never get back. ;)

Sleep deprevation (OT)

I actually read once that Winston Churchill only took cat naps of three hours or less, because he thought that sleep was a waste of his time.

Knowing about how my judgement gets affected by lack of sleep, I am not sure whether to be impressed by this dedication, or frightened by the long-term implications of his decisions..!

:)

Some people just don't need that much sleep -- they function fine without it. Thomas Edison was like that, I understand. There was a guy who was governor of Maine in the 1970s who was like that, too; I remember reading a magazine article about him and being thoroughly impressed.

Sadly, I lack the "needs less sleep" gene. If I don't get at least five or six hours a night I get cranky. ;)

Sleep really is over rated, sure it takes awhile to get past the sleep deprivation halucinations, and you get some strange looks from passerbys when you start wandering about talking to those same halucinations or take a quick cat nap in your soup, but after a few weeks your mind really expands and you can get some great inspirations from conversations with your dresser, bathroom towel rack or the dog next doorrrrrrrr......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

For those who really need a fix for Justice Inc, I often see the old one on ebay pretty cheap, you can find FGU's Daredevils occasionally, CoC is still one of the best resources for 1920's RPGs and GURPS has re-released Cliffhangers.

Winston Churchill must have been quite a guy, no sleep and lots of booze, maybe we need to elect a president that not only admits to inhaling but is proud of it, I can see the next inauguration, as the president elect arrives in a smoke filled limo blaring Bob Marley, snow boards down to the stage and has to brush the dredlocks out of his face to read the speach.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Some people just don't need that much sleep -- they function fine without it. Thomas Edison was like that, I understand. There was a guy who was governor of Maine in the 1970s who was like that, too; I remember reading a magazine article about him and being thoroughly impressed.

Winston Churchill, Thomas Edison, Empress Marissa III De Valiere...

:P

It was just them figuring out the power nap. It works, it can be unfun but it works.

Lousey Steve not prepared to wreck his physical and mental state to give us qaulity products... MURG

:Shakes fist angrily:

:P

I think im getting sick of smileys.

If you give me a million bucks, I will be happy to revise the production schedule to move Pulp Hero to the head of the list. ;)

Well there are 1,200 of us on the message board. I guess that means each of us needs to come-up with $833.00. :)

If you give me a million bucks, I will be happy to revise the production schedule to move Pulp Hero to the head of the list. ;)

Is that for ANY book? I mean if I game you a million would you right "Cute Fuzy Animals Hero" :D

Originally posted by Toadmaster

For those who really need a fix for Justice Inc, I often see the old one on ebay pretty cheap, you can find FGU's Daredevils occasionally, CoC is still one of the best resources for 1920's RPGs and GURPS has re-released Cliffhangers.

Another nice one is Adventure! from White Wolf