DCTAS: Hit Locations?

Fur Face

As in all things, I suppose this is a matter of personal preference, but would you use hit locations in DC:TAS? Dark Champions almost requires them, but DC:TAS is the "bridge" between Dark Champions & Champions. Has anyone played in a DC:TAS game? What were the results? Did it affect the flair?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't gotten to play in a long time. :-)

Re: DCTAS: Hit Locations?

As in all things, I suppose this is a matter of personal preference, but would you use hit locations in DC:TAS? Dark Champions almost requires them, but DC:TAS is the "bridge" between Dark Champions & Champions. Has anyone played in a DC:TAS game? What were the results? Did it affect the flair?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't gotten to play in a long time. :-)

Haven't played DC:TAS, but in thinking about it, you might want to perhaps use aspects of the Hit Location modifiers. I'm thinking that you might want to use the Stun Modifiers extensively, since this will allow a lot of "game protection" for characters, in that they can be knocked out, but not killed, and also give them a great deal of leeway to subdue foes without killing.

You might also want to use the BODY multipliers only to reduce BODY damage (so really, the BODY divisiors would have been a better term), so that damage to the limbs is less threatening, and less likely to result in dead Heroes and villains.

That way, there's a lot of leeway for "non-lethal" damage, without using cartoony rubber bullets and boxing glove arrows, but there's no incentive to use vicious head/vitals attacks likely to kill an opponent. If the players know that there's an effective way to take out a dangerous villian (like shooting him in the head), then they're goinng to have to resist that temptation. If there's no quick way to win the fight, then there's no temptation to resist (and it encourages them to use the Impairment rules, to incapacitate rather than kill).