Super Agents

BobGreenwade

I was very disappointed to have missed the Super Agents bandwagon the first time around. I'd had to quit gaming just a few months before Aaron's book came out, and I didn't come back until well after 4th Edition was out. I'd actually been looking forward to playing a PC agent for a high-tech organization... and now that genre seems to have all but vanished. :(

Is there any chance for a 5th Edition redux of this book? (Would there even be enough of a demand for it? Could it perhaps be considered a subgenre of Dark Champions?)

I agree with Derek about the Until Sourcebook. In the interim, though, might I recommend Shelley Crystal Mactyre's excellent PRIMUS e-book available right here in the Online Store? It contains some very good guidelines for running a super-agents campaign, including her detailed and useful Brownie Point system for giving agents more prestige and resources within the agency based on their performance.

I've little doubt that I could "roll my own" Super Agents campaign. I'm actually in the middle of doing so right now (though whether I'll ever get to run it or not remains to be seen). I'd just like to see something official on it from HERO Games itself.

It doesn't have to be next year, but by the end of the decade would be nice. :)

I played in a long running supers campaign called The Agents of Fortune. We used to spend an xp every scenario on our base, agents, standard issue equiptment etc. It was very cool playing a 5o+50 agent, an Agent Agent and if and when we got in over our heads we could call up Superpowered back-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Mr. Greenwade, I too would like to see a 5thEd version of

Super Agents, especially with the recent revival of that

particular genre in both movies and TV. It'd be particularly

interesting to see how well cinematic super-agencies from

some of the wilder '60s movies would work in a Hero campaign

(just imagine the looks on the PCs' faces when they're suddenly

thrust into the middle of a CMDF covert op).

Space Cadet :D

Originally posted by Monolith

My own thinking is that Super Agents will be a sub-genre of Dark Champions. That would give the genre book the entire spectrum from Low-End Supers, to Super Agents, finally to "normal" Agents/Spies. It seems like a logical progression to me.

The original Super-Agents campaign book was interesting, although not as indepth as I would have liked it. It would definitely need an overhaul to fit the 5th ed.

Originally posted by Tech

The original Super-Agents campaign book was interesting, although not as indepth as I would have liked it. It would definitely need an overhaul to fit the 5th ed.

Oh, absolutely. It would have to be rewritten from the ground up to even come close to matching what's been done thus far with Champions, Ninja Hero, Star Hero, and soon Fantasy Hero. And with Dark Champions on the schedule for next year and Pulp Hero set out for 2005, it'll be at least 2006 (and probably longer) before we can expect to see anything along these lines.

But hey, there's no rush. There are many, many books that DOJ could focus on, and there can be little doubt that they'll get around to them all eventually. ;)