Champions Jargon

Maccabe

Re: Champions Jargon

We had a few sayings back in my high school games.

Captain Courageous! initially used in a derogitory manner to describe characters who charged into battle without a plan (usually mine) but later taken and inversed to derogitorially call out those who played a bit "pragmatic/catutious" or, cowardly.

Get me my brown pants!: Taken from a pirate joke and used when we suffered a severe PRE attack.

Nerfed!: Attack that does no damage to target.

I use my UV VISION! when someone wished to use a power they didn't possess. This was my bad. After an adventure in which I had managed to save the day being the only one able to see, it turned out that I hadn't actually had said power. I had instead taken Telescopic vision instead. D'oh.

By all means, enjoy.

On another note ... whenever I click on the little '6' to move to the next page, or the '>', I come back to page 5. Anybody else having that problem?

All the posts by deleted members were deleted with their profile, any thread they posted in will show more pages of posts than there are posts until it fills out again.

I believe kawaii_gin_neko was deleted last week for making threats (at least she no longer appears in the member's list). I'm not sure if anyone else was though.

:nonp:

Considering her on-board persona was one of all giggles and niceness, either she had some serious issues under all of that, or someone really ticked her off.

I'm assuming most ppl get banned for things down in the NGD' date=' and I usually bow out of and stop reading threads heading towards Flame War, so I missed anything either of them might have said or done...[/quote']

nevereverend went off about the deletion of the catsuit thread and basically threatened JeffT. Simon told him to remove the posts and I guess it went downhill from there.

I believe kawaii_gin_neko was deleted last week for making threats (at least she no longer appears in the member's list). I'm not sure if anyone else was though.

I knew she was banned, but I didn't know she'd been deleted. She only had one non-NGD post, though, and I don't think it was in this thread, so someone else must've been the one.

And to get us back on topic here:

Clerk: The guy who has to stop in the middle of the game and recheck all his END expenditures, recorded damage, etc to be absolutely certain he has enough for long-winded mulit-segment hare-brained plan X. Also applies to the guy who has to stop in the middle of the game and start to min-max or othewise 'optimize' in order to be sure he didn't short himself one or two pips of something six weeks ago.

And also applies to the guy who manages to spend four END between sessions but come back with an entirely re-written character, usually optimized for some, to borrow an above expression, "Klingon butt-hook maneuver" he has figured out and plans to pull in the next session.

Not necessarily from Champions games:

We have the variations of Moose ("what is the time" used as example)

Full Moose (place both hands to your head to give yourself moose horns): I am speaking/asking OOC about and OOC issue (I the player wish to know what the time is in RL)

Half Moose (Place one hand to your head to give yourself one moose horn): I am speaking/asking OOC about an IC issue (I wish to know the time in the gameworld)

No Moose (keep your hands away from your head): My character is acting/saying/asking something (My character is asking the time).

I rolled an Oh @#$%: In a game which uses percentage dice to determine success or failure (low is good) denotes rolling double zero (100, a critical failure) comes from the fact that rolling a zero (oh) on the 'tens' dice is usually good (because it usually means somethere between 01 and 09).

They can't stop us...We're on a mission from God: In Nomine game where 2d6 dice (low better) are rolled for success or failure with a third being used to determine degree (1 usually marginal, 6 usually best). There is however a rule where if you are on the side of the angels rolling 111 means God smiles on you and does something to make your success spectacular (666 is, of course very bad).

First part denotes rolling 2 1s on the success dice (which means you'll succeed anyway) second part comes from rolling a 1 on the degree of success dice (thereby turning a success into a Divine Intervention).

Several manuevers already mentioned by others like Nerfed.

There was also:

1) Pulled a Chris: Player has a large attack and misses completely.

2) Killer Butterflies: Firebreathing butterflies.

3) It's whale time: Chris turns into a large creature to smash his enemy, usually from above.

4) looking for trouble: A player decides to go after anyone who crosses his path.

5) I'm here to help you: Usually the mad scientist villain is getting ready to operate.

CES

Char-men: People that can't take a grab and crush from the team brick.

TV Repair Man: A Character in a stupid and unconvincing disguise that works because of a great roll.

You see your Grandpa: Player Character has just been killed.

Sumo Ninja: A Brick that tries to be stealthy.

Invincible Afghan: Any minor NPC that somehow manages to stay alive and concious against a super. It was coined by me durring a game of Risk. The last territory I owned was Afghanistan and I only had one army defending it, I won every defense for an hour!

Guest HeroPink!

Invincible Afghan: Any minor NPC that somehow manages to stay alive and concious against a super. It was coined by me durring a game of Risk. The last territory I owned was Afghanistan and I only had one army defending it, I won every defense for an hour!

:jawdrop: That's insane! Wow! Drove everyone nuts, right?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

They can't stop us...We're on a mission from God: In Nomine game where 2d6 dice (low better) are rolled for success or failure with a third being used to determine degree (1 usually marginal' date=' 6 usually best). There is however a rule where if you are on the side of the angels rolling 111 means God smiles on you and does something to make your success spectacular (666 is, of course very bad).[/quote']

Minor correction -- 111 is a Divine Intervention, 666 is an Infernal Intervention. Divine Interventions are critical successes if rolled by an angel, but critical *failures* if rolled by a demon. The reverse applies for demon characters.

*receives Nitpicking essence*

Guest HeroPink!

She swallowed a thesaurus: Someone's descriptions &/or IC talk is too flowery, way too full of adjectives, invented words (most smashed together from real words), wrong tries at "Elizabethan" forms, etc. AKA a purple proser.

"From deep within the tenebrious shadows of Death-Throne Hall in Neverendingness Castle dost he come, the Lord Most Foul, who dost afrighten all that beist fair...." That kind of c:hush::hush:p.