Daily Art Findings

Eosin

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Daily Art Findings

snouty.jpg

This is another doodle. I have no particular purpose in mind for this little guy, just as I had no particular plan for what he'd end up looking like when I started drawing him. One of these days I might colour him, but for the moment I like him well enough in black and white.

This is another doodle. I have no particular purpose in mind for this little guy' date=' just as I had no particular plan for what he'd end up looking like when I started drawing him. One of these days I might colour him, but for the moment I like him well enough in black and white.[/quote']

Egads... That is just a doodle... My best stuff doesn't even come close to your idea of a doodle...

I do like Berni Wrightson's stuff, ever since I first saw it in Heavy Metal in the early '80s, though some of it is a bit too "EC Comics" for my taste. His pencils are consistently good though; in general I like them much better than his inked stuff. I hadn't seen much of his painting before, and a lot of it reminded me of Frank Frazetta in terms of pose, point of view etc.

Good stuff.

Both "borrowed"... thanks fitz and susano. =) And may I say, Fitz, I really like how you imply texture through changes in shade and all that. Not that I really understand how it all works as a whole, but just the changes in shade imply a lot more than is actually there, which is tre' cool. Again, like so many times before, i wish I could draw worth a fart...

Wow!

So much incredible art here... I've spent the last 2 days going through it all. (doing this at work).

The talent on many of these is stunning.

I wish I had even the smallest amount of artistic skill!

So instead, I have become a search engine guru and can find nearly anything on the web I need.

Here is a find I'd like to share with you all.

It's for the upcoming Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning MMO (due out 6/11/07).

These are all concept sketches for the upcoming game.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :thumbup:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/conceptArt/