For you gun nuts, a question

Black Omega

Re: For you gun nuts, a question

Here is a pic of the M89. The main difference between the M86 and the M89 is that the M89 has a detachable box mag. The rilfe is a .308 and the mags come in 5, 10, and 20 round capacity. The rifle retails for about $1700.00 and is sold by Harris Gunworks which broke off from McMillan in 1989.

You can read about it here http://www.wapahani.com/addsniper.html

Probably more info than you wanted but as a licensed gunsmith my head swims with gun trivia...

Hope this helps.. :bmk:

Due to a bit of random surfing after checking out the site you got that from, I came across THIS...

OMFG.. I AM IN LOVE

Too bad its a class 3 and thus totally illegal for me to own.

Pant Pant Drool.

And looking at the stats for the cartridge... these guys don't fool around.

That (cpmparitvely) little thing shot shoulder to shoulder through a MOOSE.

Did I mention I love large caliber manual action guns.

And this would be the PERFECT cyberpunk sidearm for someone who really really needs something that can ring a conversion job's bell.

EDIT: Added in a pic of the more cyberpunk looking Police model. Complete with laser designator. Fire .457 magnum shells, custom made.... basically stronger 45-70 rounds (which it will also fire, as well as .410 shotgun shells)

Its called the Bushwacker, by Wild West Guns in Alaska.

If you really like big bores you should try the Desert Eagle .50, with custom loads I have acheived a muzzle velocity of 2712 fps, almost double the .44 Mag. Of course mine is heavily modified. And if thats not enough the Thompson Contender can be setup to fire .50 BMGs.

If you really like big bores you should try the Desert Eagle .50' date=' with custom loads I have acheived a muzzle velocity of 2712 fps, almost double the .44 Mag. Of course mine is heavily modified. And if thats not enough the Thompson Contender can be setup to fire .50 BMGs.[/quote']

Dayum.

Most impressive.

For my personal tastes I'll stick with my sixguns, but thats sheerly a preference thing... I don't like the size of the grips on the really large caliber auto's.

My usual favorite at the range is a mag ported ruger redhawk... it used to be my brother-in-laws mums feild gun when she was with the USGS up in the back country in Alaska. She sent it down to keep it in the family, but he prefers his .41 mag, and his blood brother is a pacifist, so it sorta defaulted over to me :D

Oh, and the site I got the Bushwacker from is http://www.wildwestguns.com/

not as hot as your .50 loads, but 2200 fps with a 350 grain slug (3760 ft/lbs) is pretty freaking impressive

You are right, 2200 fps is very respectable. While I own and shoot the Desert Eagle, my personal favorite is my Ruger Vaquero .44 Mag. I am also just getting into Cowboy Action shooting competition. I use the Vaquero, a Marlin 336CS .30-30, and a 12 gage double barrel coach gun for the competitions.

Due to a bit of random surfing after checking out the site you got that from, I came across THIS...

OMFG.. I AM IN LOVE

Too bad its a class 3 and thus totally illegal for me to own.

Pant Pant Drool.

And looking at the stats for the cartridge... these guys don't fool around.

That (cpmparitvely) little thing shot shoulder to shoulder through a MOOSE.

Did I mention I love large caliber manual action guns.

And this would be the PERFECT cyberpunk sidearm for someone who really really needs something that can ring a conversion job's bell.

EDIT: Added in a pic of the more cyberpunk looking Police model. Complete with laser designator. Fire .457 magnum shells, custom made.... basically stronger 45-70 rounds (which it will also fire, as well as .410 shotgun shells)

Its called the Bushwacker, by Wild West Guns in Alaska.

HM, a $200 dollar tax stamp for an "any other weapon." and the requisite background check isn't out of line for many people, too bad I don't have the money.

I thought I recognized the name. They make the "co-Pilot" take down rifle.

I would think that a .45-70 would be adequate for ANYTHING on this continent, at least with the Garret super hard cast 415 gr bullets at 2100+ fps from an 18" rifle barrel. Though muzzle blast might be EXTREME from a shorter barrel.

I'd be pretty happy with a Marlin 1895 G, preferably the GS stainless model.

I'd like to try a similar gun with a 20 or 22" barrel, just because I think the balance might be a little better than the 18.5" barrel on the G.

If you want to see something else that is interesting, look up the ballistics of the standard loads for .357, .41, or .44 magnum when fired from a rifle! They tend to pick up a significant amount of velocity, iirc roughly double the muzzle energy.