The Hollywood Action Hero package

Susano

HOLLYWOOD ACTION HERO PACKAGE

The following was inspired by the film Silverado, which led me to thinking how action movie heroes all seem to have the same skill set. They are strong, quick, tough, and capable fighters, who tend to put their foes down hard. This package can be used for modern day characters, certain Pulp heroes, Wild West heroes, and even science fiction heroes.

[b]Abilities
Cost	Ability[/b]
5	+5 STR
15	+5 DEX
6	+3 CON
6	+3 BODY
5	+1 SPD
14	[b]One Shot, One Kill:[/b]  Deadly Blow (RKA +2d6; OIF (weapons of opportunity; -1/2), 
Only Works With Firearms (-1/2)
5	[b]Strong Right Cross:[/b]  Hand Attack +2d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Punches 
Only (-1/2)
6	[b]Just A Flesh Wound:[/b]  Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
12	[b]Can Take A Punch Or Two:[/b]  Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%; Character 
Must Be Aware Of Attack (-1/4)
22	[b]"Look Out!":[/b]  Danger Sense, Sense, Out Of Combat, Immediate Vicinity, Intuitonal
2	[b]Fast On His Feet:[/b]  Running +1"
6	[b]"You Hear That?":[/b]  +2 PER with all Sense Groups
10	[b]Quick Study:[/b]  +1 Overall
4	[b]Signature Weapon:[/b]  +2 OCV with specific firearm
8	[b]Hits What He Aims At:[/b]  +4 OCV versus Hit Location Modifers with Firearms
3	Combat Driving
3	Climbing
3	Stealth
2	WF:  Small Arms
[b]Total Cost Of Package Abilities:  137

Disadvantages
Value	Disadvantage[/b]
None
[b]Total Cost Of Package Disadvantages:  0[/b]

Re: The Hollywood Action Hero package

Pretty interesting concept. Why would the "One Shot, One Kill" take an OIF instead of an OAF? I think I would substitute Riding for Combat Driving in a Western or Gaslight setting. Maybe even add Riding, as Combat Driving can be used for Wagons and Carriages. Cool concept.

Pretty interesting concept. Why would the "One Shot' date=' One Kill" take an OIF instead of an OAF? I think I would substitute Riding for Combat Driving in a Western or Gaslight setting. Maybe even add Riding, as Combat Driving can be used for Wagons and Carriages. Cool concept.[/quote']

OIF is the established limitation for powers that can use any weapon, as opposed to a specific weapon.

I should have noted that Combat Driving is split with Riding, depending on era.

Firearms has nothing to do with it.

A) Firearms can be OAF, OIF, IAF, or IIF. The SFX of "Firearm" is not intrinsically tied to OAF.

B) Even if a focus would be Accessible, if it is a generic "item of opportunity" then it is downgraded to a Inaccessible because it is relatively easy for a character to replace such a generic item.

Pretty good / standard. The only thing questionable is the "Only For Punches" on the Hand Attack. Technically, characters have to define an origin point for attack powers; "Fists" in the case of a Hand Attack used for punches; to change the origin point would technically require a +1/4 level of Indirect (though logically in some cases Variable SFX would accomplish the same purpose -- they're both +1/4 so its a net wash at any rate). So in other words, I don't think that it is a valid lim.

Pretty good / standard. The only thing questionable is the "Only For Punches" on the Hand Attack. Technically' date=' characters have to define an origin point for attack powers; "Fists" in the case of a Hand Attack used for punches; to change the origin point would technically require a +1/4 level of Indirect (though logically in some cases Variable SFX would accomplish the same purpose -- they're both +1/4 so its a net wash at any rate). So in other words, I don't think that it is a valid lim.[/quote']

I was wondering about that when I noticed other powers (like kick and headbutt) didn't have any sort of limitation for point of origin. I'll remove it for the website version.

i was trying to build a power based on action heroes earlier today.

basically its a way of simulating James bond and others effortless grooming and luck with safety equipment. i think instant changed linked to life support shoudl get the effect i want

7 Cosmetic Transform 2d6, Improved Target Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (17 Active Points); Limited Target own clothing (-1), Restrainable (-1/2)

31 Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and bio-warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing), Linked (Transform; -1/4), Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time (+1/4) (39 Active Points); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; acts like an oif; -1/4)

the restrain able means you can tie him up and beat on him and his clothes will get messed up but the moment he gets away he will be perfectly dressed.

equally if he encounters a dangerous environment there will always be a suitable garment on hand to protect him.

it also allow him to steal guards uniforms and no matter what size the guard was for them to fit like they where tailor made or to climb out of a wet suit wearing a tuxedo and it to not look like a crumpled mess.