Who would you recreate?

Supreme Serpent

After a couple of aborted attempts (for various reasons) to get a campaign going, I've been bouncing around another possibility to have on hand for the next time my group gets a slot open.

The basis of this idea comes from the complaint that after almost 70 years of superhero comics from multiple companies, multiple puplished rpg supers universes and 20-odd years of playing Champions and other supers RPG campaigns, it's hard to come up with something original. "All the good names are taken" "I had a great idea, then I found it I had basically come up with X character" and the like. Newer characters frequently end up with increasingly complicated and obscure names in order not to directly copy someone, at least not well-known characters.

So, my thought is, to heck with all that. Start up a new universe where not only are the PC's effectively the first superheroes, there has been no history of superhero comics/RPGs,etc. in that world, so names like Superman, Captain America, Mechanon etc. are all up for grabs.

Now, I wouldn't want people to play direct copies - I would want some things to be different, and obviously the background and alter ego would not be the same. Players would clearly understand that, regardless of name, they are not the same as the published character and can't use them as a justification.

For example, say a player wants to play "Batman". He still wants to be a street-level crimefighter, but wants to play up the "Bat" angle more. So, his Batman is an altered human with enhanced senses, including a "radar" sense. Playing up his sensory advantages, he prefers to act at night, where he uses his amazing senses to spot crime from the rooftops, then swoops down gliding with his bat-cape, and uses his martial arts to defeat the criminals. Sometimes he uses smoke bombs (which his radar can ignore) to give himself an even greater edge. So end result a mix of Batman, Daredevil, and Dr. Midnite, plus whatever twists his origin, etc. throw in.

So, if you were given this opportunity to take an established name and redo it as one of the world's first superheroes starting out in 2006, who would you do and how would they differ from the "real" Superman, etc.? Any villains you'd like to give the same treatment to? (and of course, a hero could use a "villain" name and vice-versa) Any established costume you'd like to take and write up a new hero/villain around?

Re: Who would you recreate?

Hrm. I would probably want to play a low-end speedster, blaster/defender type; one of the best examples is the Human Torch. Except instead of being part of a radiation accident, I would likely rebuild it as a Soul of Flame, incarnated through ancient ritual into a human body. The Soul acts as a sort of Symbiote, granting me all of my super cool powers.

I would have control over any flame within reach, and could consume it to fuel my powers as a "push" and feed the Soul. Instead of flight, I would move with the Speed of a Starving Flame, capable of running much faster than normal, but leaving a streak behind me wherever I went. Using this ability I could also generate Fire Walls.

Stay Outta the Kitchen! would do well as a Nova attack, and I'd also throw in a bit of Change Environment to allow me to "heat up" the world around me. Still a slick styling hot rodder, still a bit of a hot head. This is the AOE RKA, one hex empty OR immune to own power.

Inextinguishable for that edge of toughness and durability.

Play With Fire and You Get Burned would be a standard EB. Add on a Damage Shield and some good martial manuevers, and I'd be good to go.

Ghost of a Flame - Partial desolid/special effect to avoid taking damage, don't know enough to build this one off the top of my head.

Probably do the whole thing as a massive Flame EC or a Multipower.

Did I do it right? Yes? No?

Hrm, lims, now that I'm thinking about it:

She's mine!, Rivalry, no one else knows about, part of:

Hate the Game, not the Player, uncontrollable flirt, uncommon, strong (won't stop a fight, but could be distracted from a chase, etc. Spends more time hitting on the hot detective than working with her).

Never Hit a Lady, common, strong chivalrous impulses to hold doors, protest mistreatment, etc. Borders on chauvanism, but it's that bizarrely well intentioned chauvanism. Will start fights for possibly perceived slights against total strangers who happen to be women, and are preferably hot. (14-)

What, She was HOT! I like hot! - DNPC du jour, girlfriend of the month.

Does This Thing Go Any Faster? - Psych lim, adrenalin junkie, pushes limits, uncommon, moderate. He's a little reckless, but not totally nuts.

Hey, I'm Only Human - NCM, his power derives from the Soul Flame, all stat boosts over the max bought as powers (ED/PD, +SPD, etc.)

Guided by a Higher Power - Occassionally gets bizarre (plot hook) impulses from the Soul Flame that he can't explain and can't easily ignore (11-). Sharing his soul makes him uncomfortable at times,

Frozen in the Heat of Battle - Is terrified, deep down, that the Soul Flame is really in charge and he's along for the ride. He doesn't know why he's empowered and is equally terrified he'll go back to "normal" eventually, which he doesn't want. Will occassionally restrain from using his powers in a clutch situation because he doesn't know who's always in charge (EGO check, 8-, only in clutch situations that would require a Power roll).

Well, my New Circle team did more or less this with the JLA.

The Authority and (far more so) Planetary were Ellis' attempt to re-imagine Superheroes.

Here's my re-imagined Superman as of 1927, long before he comes to his Golden and Silver age levels of power:

HUGO DANNER, THE MAN OF TOMORROW

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 [5]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

28 CON 36 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

20 COM 5 13-

25 PD 15 Total: 25 PD (18 rPD)

6 ED 0 Total: 6 ED (4 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

16 REC 0

56 END 0

59 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 180

Movement: Running: 14"/28"

Leaping: 16"/64"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Strange visitor from another planet

11 1) Inhuman Vitality: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

14 2) That Hideous Strength: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

11 3) Nothing less than a bursting shell can penetrate his skin: Damage Resistance (18 PD/4 ED)

16 Muscles Forged Under Different Stars: Multipower, 16-point reserve

2u 1) Muscles Forged Under Distant Stars: Leaping +6" (16" forward, 8" upward) (Accurate, x4 Noncombat) (16 Active Points) 2

2u 2) Blazing Speed: Running +8" (14" total) (16 Active Points) 2

Skills

2 WF: Small Arms

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Seduction 13-

Notes: Despite his brooding nature, Hugo Danner is very attractive to women.

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

1 Language: French (basic conversation)

0 Paramedics 8-

0 PS: Banker 8-

0 PS: Soldier 8-

0 PS: Football Player 8-

2 PS: Journalist 11-

0 PS: Circus Performer 8-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 70

Total Cost: 250

200+ Disadvantages

5 Unluck: 1d6

Notes: Nothing ever really went well for Hugo Danner.

15 Social Limitation: Freak of Nature (Occasionally, Severe)

Notes: Once Hugo's full talents are revealed, they completely change others reactions to him, almost always for the worse. The only time it will ever go well for him is when he's in the army, and even then he can only trust the men he saves and his commander. Eventually Kent Allard will convince Hugo to take up the secret identity of Clark Kent (named for Clark Savage and Kent Allard), and to construct the false identity of Superman.

15 Psychological Limitation: Frustrated Idealist, Hates Injustice (Very Common, Moderate)

Notes: Danner's father tried to raise him with a strict moral code, and largely succeeded. Hugo was never a bully as such, nor a simple thug. However, Hugo did try to take justice as he saw it into his own hands. This never went well. This version of the character will eventually learn from Clark Savage Jr. and Kent Allard how to use his power to do good deeds that will go unpunished.

15 Psychological Limitation: A Deep Melancholy, Moody, Brooding, Angry (Very Common, Moderate)

Notes: In Gladiator, Hugo is moody, brooding, self righteous, self pitying, and self destructive. He sees himself as a superior man rejected, ground down and held back by the ordinary men around him, In other words, he's a slightly exaggerated angry teen. He must learn to overcome these traits (i.e. buy off or trade in this disadvantage) in order to become a Hero.

Total Disadvantage Points: 250

Background/History: 50,000 BCE - The Ancients leave Earth after repeated conflicts with apparently extra dimensional entities. They take with them the most promising of their test subjects. These test subjects are then seeded on multiple worlds. One of those worlds is an artificial construct, a planetary engineering project as complex and ambitious as anything the Ancients had ever attempted. Its genetically modified inhabitants would one day become, compared to Earth Humans, virtual supermen.

1873 - The equipment maintaining an artificial "planet" constructed by the Ancients suffers a fatal series of malfunctions. As the planet self destructs, a single escape ship is launched towards the coordinates of Humanity's near-mythic home world. Despite its FTL drive, the ship takes over eighteen years to reach its goal. The ship's sole passenger spends that time in stasis.

1891 - A space craft crashes outside of Indian Creek, Colorado. The ship is quickly located by Professor Abednego Danner, himself a member of the extended Wold Newton family. Professor Danner and his wife legally adopt the male infant they find wandering near the wreckage of that ship. The wreckage itself is given over for study to Danner's cousin; Dr. Clark Savage, Sr. The boy is given the name "Hugo".

Hugo Danner's amazing physical and mental abilities develop as he ages. His strength, speed, and durability far surpass all theoretical human limits. Professor Danner is able to instill a strong sense of right and wrong in Hugo, but the boy's increasing powers cause him to become socially isolated.

1916 – Hugo Danner volunteers for military service in the French Foreign Legion in WWI. In the army he experiences his first true friendships. His strength, speed, and near invulnerability (nothing less than a bursting shell can pierce his skin) make him invaluable to the war effort. After one of the few serious injuries he sustains, Hugo learns of his amazing regenerative abilities, and also learns that his unique blood type makes him a universal donor. By the end of the war, scores of allied soldiers have received blood transfusions from Hugo. In decades to come, many of the children of these soldiers will manifest metahuman abilities.

1920 - Hugo continues to try to do good works with his powers. He's bad at it. While working in a bank, he rescues a man trapped in the vault only to be fired and threatened with arrest. He attempts to clean up corrupt politicians and influence peddlers in Washington and fails completely.

1926 - Hugo Danner, despondent over his inability to find a place outside of the military, fakes his own death. He begins a period of aimless wandering that will bring him into contact with Kent Allard, Clark Savage, and others.

Hugo Danner was, among other things, a college football player, a circus strongman, a soldier, a reporter, a banker, and an activist before his disappearance in 1926. This write up represents Hugo in 1927. He has put his past behind him and started the period of wandering and study that marks his transition from the angry young man of 1926 to the optimistic and purely heroic Superman of 1938.

The Real Story: Philip Wylie's ground breaking novel Gladiator describing the life of Hugo Danner was published in 1930. It would have a great influence on Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster. Physically and in terms of powers, Siegel and Schuster's early Superman was almost identical to Danner, and several of Superman's early adventures were very similar to those of the Wylie character. Siegel and Schuster were also influenced by the great pulp characters, borrowing ideas freely to help create the unique mix that became Superman. For an incredible take on the life of Clark Hugo Danner Kent somewhat different from the one presented above, see Al Schroeder's “Schroeder's Speculations†at http://www.novanotes.com/specul.htm. Mr. Schroeder's version of the character significantly influenced this version, and ideas presented in Mr. Schroeder's articles were re-used here and in my Wold Newton Timeline by permission. So, Al, if you're reading this, my sincere thanks.

Personality/Motivation: At this stage of his life, Hugo Danner is essentially heroic, but he is still an emotionally young man. He is brooding, angry, angst ridden, self sabotaging and self destructive. He is also genuinely trying to do better, to help others through the use of his powers.

Hugo Danner has always had his best relationships with women. They find him attractive, and he is able to relax around them and actually show some of the charm and wit that will eventually become a much more obviously a part of his public persona.

His experiences in WWI planted the seeds for an aversion to killing that will grow stronger as the years go on.

Quote: I would set out to stamp crime off the face of the Earth.

Powers/Tactics: At this stage of his life, Hugo has yet to develop the full range of his powers. He is far stronger than any human, able to rip open a bank vault door and make tremendous, seemingly impossible leaps. Nothing less than a bursting shell can penetrate his skin, he does not age as other men, and he has amazing recuperative powers. As time goes on, he will become far more powerful.

Hugo's tactics tend to be very direct. He charges in and strikes with blows of tremendous force until his enemies fall. He is not overconfident as such, nor is he a fool; in the unlikely event he is seriously injured or overmatched, he will leap away, recover, and then return to the fray. Hugo will kill with sufficient provocation or in war, but he will do what he can to avoid it when facing most foes.

Campaign Use: Hugo Danner is intended as the First Superhero in my Wold Newton inspired campaign.

This version of the character is appropriate for play in a 250 point High Powered Pulp campaign (if Normal Characteristic Maxima are in effect, treat his greater than human stats as powers, or treat him as a 300 point character). In such a campaign, he may very well not be the most powerful character in terms of raw combat potential.

As an NPC, Hugo can serve as an interesting encounter, a rival, an enemy (if he believes the player characters to be criminals), or an ally. If the player characters are successful heroes with extraordinary powers, Hugo might seek them out in order to learn from them. Heroes might also be hired to track down Hugo, either by law enforcement officers or less reputable types.

This version of Hugo Danner is not yet a Superhero. He does not wear a costume, nor does he devote his life to crime fighting. That will come, but not yet.

As of 1927 Hugo is still in many ways a teen by Kryptonian standards. As he matures, he will develop a full suite of metahuman senses, his famous heat vision, true flight, etc. In my own campaign, Hugo will be assumed to earn roughly 25xp per year; in 1947, he will be a 750 point character, soon to gain control of Doc Savage's Fortress of Solitude and possessed of almost the full range of powers reported in the comic book fictionalizations of Clark Kent's life, albeit at lower levels.

Appearance: Hugo Danner is tremendously handsome. He is vaguely Mediterranean in appearance, perhaps Greek or Italian, with olive skin, hair so black that it is almost blue, and brown eyes. When his famous Heat Vision first manifests, his eyes will turn a startling Blue.

Hugo Danner by Philip Wylie. Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster. Clark Hugo Danner Kent by Al Schroeder. Character Sheet and modifications by Robert Dorf.

I am playing in a game doing this such idea right now. (Using Heroes Unlimited though, don't bash!)

I am playing a reincarnation of Apocalypse. Good guy first off, still Immortal, and born around 2200 bc in Egypt, but instead was birthed by Magic (Energy of the Universe) to bring balance to the mystical scales. So, I started taking real life fictional and non-fiction stories and putting my own twists to them.

Like the Plagues of Egypt was Apocalypse's action for punishing the Pharoahs for using their magics profanely. (Death sacrifices, soul stealing, negative type things) Then moved on to China 200 AD, where he killed Zhang Jiao for his sorcerous usurping of the Han Dynasty. Then to Rome, where he could not locate a source of 'corruption' but could feel it all around (the rise of religion basically). Then to Japan, where Nobunaga Oda, or the Demon, attempted to carve an empire out with blood and sword. Apocalypse "died" to Oda before himself killed by Mitsuhide Akechi. Healed up and 30 years later, Apocalypse lives life with a woman from Kyoto before leaving out for France. Found a Bishop who's dabbling in the arcane but was killed and imprisoned inside an iron sarcophogus (Napoleonic era) then traded to the Russians later (1800). Breaks out of Russia in 1910, then travels across northern lands until he reaches England. Later, takes up a crusade against the Nazi SS Commanders performing 'strange' experiements. Tracks down one Commander at the same place in France where he was entombed. Crater in ground with magic burns but secret SS lab in the crater. Kills Commander. WWII ends shortly after. Goes to America in 70's until 2000's for where the game picks up.

More detail, but no room to write. My Apocalypse is also a Wizard. The others in the group are Cyclops, Pheonix, Galaticus, Silver Surfer, Capt. Comet (csyphrett on here), Havok, The Flash, WarMachine, Annihilus, I can't think of the rest. One rule, no conversions of original characters, just a new take on an old name.

I remember DC comics actually did a "Tangent" line of comics. Take the name of an existing DC character and rework them totally as if a new concept. Superman was a human Mentallist that represented the next step in human evolution, the Flash was a living hologram and the Green Lantern was a human mystic/storyteller from the orient. They also did Plastic Man, WonderWoman, Batman and Aquaman.

I think the Name Mr. Fantastic may need a fresh revap.

I will add ideas as they come.

Does anybody remember the Tangent books that came out in the mid 90's?

DC Comics publisher Julie Schwarz gathered all his writers and artists togather to do a series of one-shots to celebrate the 40th anniversery of "Showcase #4"'s publication introducing the new Flash. Schwarz told them to create a new universe and populate it with whatever they wanted to come up with. The only hitch, all characters and concepts had to be given a name of a DCU character.

So, the Flash became an aspiring teen actress with light manipulating powers. The Green Lantern was a mysterious woman who could raise the dead in order to avenge their murders with a magic lantern. The Atom had replaced Superman as the most powerful man on Earth. Nightwing was a CIA type organization that used magic instead of high tech.and so on.

Eric did say he was also using Batman and Guido as NPCs, but we haven't met them yet.

CES

I think his Batman is the pic and if you look closely, Guido might be the little worm like thing on his back.

Also, Capt. America, Mr. Fantastic, Scarecrow, Skyhawk, Black Panther, Dr. Doom, Nightwing, and Punisher have also been 'claimed'. Of course, if the GM or a Player has it is yet to be determined.

Hey now, are you playing this live and in person, or over some long-distance communication? I would just love to sit down across the table (or world) with re-imagined superheroes.

The only time I accidentally nicked a name in use it was, embarassingly, Nighthawk.

I bought the 5e book, and he's mentioned casually a couple times, and I'm like, "Oh, neat". Then I come here, and find out who he is, and it quickly seemed a lot less neat.

I now do my best to pick original names with the full force of the Interhole as a research tool.

Hey now, are you playing this live and in person, or over some long-distance communication? I would just love to sit down across the table (or world) with re-imagined superheroes.

The only time I accidentally nicked a name in use it was, embarassingly, Nighthawk.

I bought the 5e book, and he's mentioned casually a couple times, and I'm like, "Oh, neat". Then I come here, and find out who he is, and it quickly seemed a lot less neat.

I now do my best to pick original names with the full force of the Interhole as a research tool.

I think the game is closed as far as players, but you still might be able to read what's going on. It's By Any Other Name at yahoo groups.

CES

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/BAON_RPG

There is the link to the game. It's done in Heroes Unlimited by Palladium Books though. But I also think that the call for players is over. There are 10-12 already into it. But if you want to lurk and read the action, join on up. If you tell the ApocalypseZero sent you, you'll get a discount. (Always wanted to use that line.)

Maybe Supreme Serpent would be willing to start a similar game for other folks to play?

I would do Wonder Man and make him a psychedelic light manipulator with a Jesus Christ mentality. Possibly a hippy type in the 70s that eventually become grimmer as years go by. I think he'd be a neutral vigilante type or, possibly a bleeding heart sort of villian.

I have thought along these lines many times. Some of what I came up with:

Dr. Strange: Dr. Victoria Strange (Victoria Franks until she married Prof. Hugo Strange) is a direct decendant of Baron Dr. Victor Frankenstein. She has continued her ancestor's work, but with a twist. Her creation is assembled from the corpses of dead super-humans. If all goes well, her creation, Adam Strange, will have the combined powers of over a dozen deceased super humans.

The Red Skull: The Red Skull is a young vigilante/martial artist. He takes his name from the ancient skull-mask he wears. This mask has some supernatural power bound up in it which increases his strength and agility, as well as granting him the ability to strike certain creatures who are normally intangible in the mortal realm (such as ghosts and unanchored spirits).

Hourman: Hourman is a mysterious figure with a very limited time-travel power. He can transport himself and a number of others exactly 1 hour into the past. Once he has traveled back an hour, he cannot go further, and he cannot re-travel that same hour again. (more a GM device than a PC)

The Bat-Man: The Bat-Man is a mysterious creature haunting the night sky above Campaign City. He is a humanoid bat, with incredible strength and flight speed, but animal intelligence. He hasn't been a genuine threat until recently, when he began attacking humans and other large animals. It's possible that the creature has become rabid or contracted some other disease.

Wonder Man and Wonder Woman: The Wonders are a married couple who have been in the superhero business for over a decade. They use their brains as their primary weapons, carrying an array of hi-tech gadgets including rocket-packs, force-field belts, stun blasters, gas grenades, and other hi-tech electronics. Each swears that the other is the creative genius behind the devices.

Mr. Fantastic: Mr. Fantastic was the greatest hero of the Golden Age. During WW II, he used his powers of super-strength and speed, flight, near invulnerability, and lightning blasts to fight the Axis powers. He dissapeared around the end of the war, and no one is sure what happened to him.

I have had more of these ideas, but this is all I can think of right now. Might be a combination of 3 1/2 hours sleep and "A Christmas Story" playing on the TV.

Dr. Strange: Dr. Victoria Strange (Victoria Franks until she married Prof. Hugo Strange) is a direct decendant of Baron Dr. Victor Frankenstein. She has continued her ancestor's work' date=' but with a twist. Her creation is assembled from the corpses of dead super-humans. If all goes well, her creation, Adam Strange, will have the combined powers of over a dozen deceased super humans.[/quote']

I especially like this one. Nice tie in with Dr. Strange and Adam Strange, and "Adam".

Myfirst thought is a weakly redone Spiderman. 360 vision, 6 arms, can make webbing to entangle with, superleap, possibly a venomous bite. Stronger than the Spidey we all know. Maybe 60 strength.

ghost rider: a mentallist and medium who uses spirits as his messengers and scouts. He can "borrow" skills, knowledge (powers?) from Ghosts that he controls. Not a direct combat character, but an information broker that should frighten everyone.

Sasquatch is a were-sasquatch. there is a reason no one sees them normally. :D Nowhere near as strong as the marvel version, he is stronger than human normal, 30-40str, and has nature based powers. He can see through the eyes of any creature nearby, Can "tree walk" to teleport, and has limited weather powers. Mostly obscuring and discomforting effects, fog, wind, rain, snow... give him enough time, and He'll make the woods impassible to most.

Shaman IS a Shaman, but that isn't all! He was the Shaman of a tribe in the mountains of Europe. A tribe of Neanderthals! He was frozen when trapped in a crevasse in the winter, his magic protected him from death, but sometimes he wishes it hadn't. The modern world is a nightmare to him. He is a very strong and tough (18-20 str, dex, con) person, who is seeking to either find a way back to his time, or to CHANGE the world so that Nature rules, not Technology.

Moon Knight was an astronaut. "Something" happened to him on the moon, when he was out of radio contact for 5 minutes. He has no recollection of the time, but he can manifest a suit of armor, shield, and any form of medieval weaponry at will. In color all of them can be white, gray or black. He has the ability to fly, and if he concentrates he can use a strange form of Clairvoyance. He can see anything that is in moonlight. His most terrifying power, however, is not anything physical. He can LITERALLY, turn someone into a "LUNATIC" He can hold out his hand, and a beam of ghostly light emanates forth. Anyone it strikes becomes a madman.

The Vision is one of the most beautiful women in the world. No one knows who she really is, but she appears unexpectedly anywhere in the world, and those she appears to are struck senseless by her presence. There are conflicting reports that she may be a thief, and that she may have luck based powers. (it is possible that the theft issue may be from whoever wakes up first after she leaves)

Mantis is a refugee from an alternate dimension, where arthropods rule. He is literally a 7' tall mantis variant. He has limited flight (clumsy and tiring) as well as Great speed and strength. He has claws he can use if he wishes, and he has a bite attack also, used after he has grabbed an opponent and pulled them to him. He has 2" stretching due to the inhuman structure of his "arms". He has a Chameleon like ability to blend into the scenery. Some say he has a mind control if he meets a targets eyes, others say that to meet his eyes is simply terrifying.

He rides a giant dragonfly.

Superman, but he's a lamp! And Batman, but now he's a dining room chair! And the rest of the JLA as furniture! Not Super furniture or talking furniture, just furniture!

And we can have comic books that are just pictures of furniture! Maybe even sell furniture through the books! And we can offer it in different styles and colors!

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before!?!

EDIT:

Bloody Sears, Roebuck & Co.

Superman, but he's a lamp! And Batman, but now he's a dining room chair! And the rest of the JLA as furniture! Not Super furniture or talking furniture, just furniture!

And we can have comic books that are just pictures of furniture! Maybe even sell furniture through the books! And we can offer it in different styles and colors!

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before!?!

EDIT:

Bloody Sears, Roebuck & Co.

:rofl: You need the self defense table so badly... :D

The last two years when GenCon was in Milwaukee, I ran eight scenarios involving five groups of heros that were similar to DC's "Tangent" one shots. Different characters with existing names. Only, I went the Marvel route and called it the "Omega Marvel" universe. The teams were The Avengers (a priviatlly funded group of "parahumans" who protect the innocent), Hydra (a group of underwater commandos), X-Force ( a high-tech PMC), and The Hellfire Club ( "cursed" humans who defend Earth against mystical foes). The Hellfire club was replaced with a new version of The Starjammers (a group of heros who died years/centuries ago and rebuilt as parahumans to fight an oncoming invasion) the following year.

The Swordsman is a humanoid alien from a heavy-gravity world who came to Earth through a freak accident. Already a highly trained armed and unarmed combatant, on our world he possesses fantastic strength, agility and athletic prowess. His world's technology is in some ways superior to our own, manifested in the several personal weapons and devices that he carries; but the strong warrior's code of honor of his culture has also fostered a tradition of duels with less sophisticated weaponry. The Swordsman's principle weapon is a blade resembling an Earthly rapier, made of advanced alloy with an extraordinary edge capable of cutting nearly any other material. It also has a built-in power pack which can electrify the blade with a stunning charge, and as he prefers not to injure a foe he'll use that against normal humans. His training and physical advantage make the Swordsman the greatest blademaster in the world.

The Swordsman in many ways evokes an idealized image of our own past: he's courtly and chivalrous, always acts "honorably," and considers it his duty to protect the weak and the innocent.

(Yes, this was inspired by "John Carter of Mars"... kind of in reverse.) ;)

The Tower of Shadows. A towering structure deep in the Adirondack Mountains whose origins are unknown. The native tribes called it the cursed earth. The colonial settlers stayed away from it. Modern scholars have yet to explain anything about it. Many have ventured to learn its secrets. Few have returned to tell any tales. It is a place of terror for many, but, to the truely "cursed", it is a place of refuge, for it is the guard tower between our reality and the mystic world and they are the guardians of this realm against all mysic forces. This is the legacy of the Hellfire Club.

THE HELLFIRE CLUB ROSTER

Hellcat: Darian Klybourne is a young drifter who becomes a human- bezakira hybrid when danger is near.

The Collector: Sandrine Page' has the ability to syphon the energies of magical artifacts and transform them into destructive energy bolts. She collects these items once they are rendered inert. Her major drawback is that magical energy has replaced heroin as a barely controllable addiction.

Devil Slayer: Centuries ago deep in darkest Africa, a young tribesman killed an innocent man he believed to be a demon. The Tribal Eldars placed a curse on him that he would forever hunt down demons wherever they may be by placing his soul on the weapon that would slay it. In order to become mortal and, therefore, break the curse, he must kill another innocent man.

Nightmare: James Montgomery Lear possesses a suit of demonic armour and the ability to summon the satannic creature that bears his name due to a curse that has been handed down through the generations because of an ancestor's lust for power in 11th century England.

Arcanna: Monica Timmons is a teenage novice witch who who has the ability to summon the dead through the Tower's "computer" known as the Deadpool.

The Hellfire Club is led by Dr. Damian Hellstrom. Dr. Hellstrom is the leading authority on the mystic arts worldwide.